Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good waterproof gloves?

Bike
    Honda Hornet

Good waterproof gloves?

Can you please recommend a good pair of waterproof gloves? Budget is under $130 and I usually buy from cycletreads and motozone.

Thanks

Bike
    Sold
    My so-called waterproof gloves over the years have all eventually failed, especially on distance rides so I went for these overgloves: http://www.norjo.co.nz/gloves/11901-...oof-glove.html . Look ugly but totally effective with no loss of feel. Have had them for several years now. Motomail stock the Rev'it Spokane overgloves but I don't have any experience with them.

Rain-offs, wear them with summer or winter gloves. Totally waterproof.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    Rain-offs, wear them with summer or winter gloves. Totally waterproof.
    Absolutely the best option!
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    A
    Waterproof gloves are a bit of a myth, at least long term. Like Mr Blackbird suggested, go the over glove route if you really want to keep gloves and fingers dry/warm. At a pinch, try washing up (kitchen) gloves as an over glove.

Bike
    Honda Hornet
    The Rain-offs look really good, though $100 shipped is a bit of a shafting for them.

Bike
    BMW R850RT
    http://jofama.se/mcsm/

Do you have Jofama / Halvarssons distributors in NZ? Superb kit at reasonable (not cheap) prices.

A tip, though: if leather gloves are damp, don't leave them inside your lid - it will smell like a dead sheep for days.

Bike
    I tried those mitts or 'muffs' (depending how kinky you are ) while rocking around Berlin at negative degrees and highly reccomend them.

I haven't used them but those overgloves are probably an easier/better choice for around the same price though, otherwise, ski gloves?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Call me pessimistic but I wouldn't expect to find anything suitable within your budget range. The gloves I bought for that purpose "Held Warm and Dry" are US$200, plus postage - Dold don't seem to import this particular glove. Mine have held up well, but as with anything I'd guess that if you ride far enough in the rain you'll eventually get wet.

I used to have some waxed cotton over mitts but the Held gloves have a windscreen wiper rubber squeegie thingie on the left index finger and I find that very useful in the rain.

If anybody can tell me how to put any winter gloves back on once your hands are wet I'd be real interested.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Honda
    I sold a pair of these recently for around $50 https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf...TEX-Glove-0007

I used them a couple of times but I just prefer summer gloves. I once owned a pair of QMoto sports gloves which were brilliant in the wet.
    '' i'd let you touch me.''

Sorry fulla but I am spoken for.

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    Ha ha.. waterproof gloves.....That's funny

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Supersize Me

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    I have a pair of the "Rain-Off" overgloves that Blackbird mentioned.

My experience:
    * used to use them as windproof layer over winter gloves - certainly made a difference at open road speed when temp was below 5°C
    * last week wore them twice while travelling - Day One: Dannevirke to Foxton via Pahiatua Track in howling westerly gale and rain = gloves and hands stayed nice and dry. Day Two: Otorohanga to Auckland in heavy rain and some wind = some dampness of gloves when taken off in Auckland and some dampness inside overgloves - could be due to a small leak but more likely due to taking overgloves off a couple of times and getting water inside or from water running down jacket sleeve. Either way, my hands and gloves were still relatively dry considering the conditions that day and the amount of spray and muck thrown up by other traffic.

If you are reluctant to spend too much on gloves, try buying a pair of, as has been suggested, washing up gloves that fit over the top of your normal gloves and give them a try.

Bike
    bandit
    No such thing as waterproof gloves. Most of the time I carry a coupe of spare pair of gloves so when one pair is too wet to pull on I have other dry choices
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    No such thing as waterproof gloves. Most of the time I carry a coupe of spare pair of gloves so when one pair is too wet to pull on I have other dry choices
    Yep that's another thing. If I'm going on a trip there will usually be another pair of gloves in the luggage.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Waterproof = Real leather with several applications of snow seal in hot sun and the gloves need an integral gaitor set up with drawstrings that extends over your jacket sleeves.
    This is what I have with my Tourmaster gloves, 100% water proof as far as im concerned.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...leather-gloves

I think there is a residual dampness from the your hands breathing and sweating on longer ride so sixc of onne and half a dozen of the other, but still I wouldn't say my hands are anywhere near 'wet'.
    All this doesn't matter when you forget to zip your jacket to your pants, that's a sucky wet arse moment lol
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information