Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short clip from latest trail ride video - Wairamarama, Onewhero, 12 Feb 2017

Bike
    miWhodeXD

Short clip from latest trail ride video - Wairamarama, Onewhero, 12 Feb 2017

https://youtu.be/uYt-nFqWXM8

Full video to follow.

Damien

Bike
    miWhodeXD

Starting the trail ride

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    All very well but you should get your bike looked at. It sounds like its only firing on every 4th stroke
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Freeride 250, BETA XT300
    Nice clean vid. Must be a pain to edit in 4K.

Here's mine, in 1080p, bikes are Beta XT300 and KTM Freeride 250.

https://youtu.be/JaBbnogdhvs

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post

Whats your Beta X Trainer like for technical riding? They are on my wish list...
    Manopausal.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Nice riding! Just curious, how big is the size of only 3 min 4k video?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Freeride 250, BETA XT300
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Whats your Beta X Trainer like for technical riding? They are on my wish list...
    Everything you've read about them and seen online is true. The X-Trainer is a brilliant bike, it ticks all the boxes for me. Most of my riding is in forest and this has been the best bike I've ever ridden in sand or clay forest. Of course my daughter would dispute that with her Freeride.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Everything you've read about them and seen online is true. The X-Trainer is a brilliant bike, it ticks all the boxes for me. Most of my riding is in forest and this has been the best bike I've ever ridden in sand or clay forest. Of course my daughter would dispute that with her Freeride.
    Cheers. The X trainer really appeals. An enduro bike for mortals which can still pick up it's skirts.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    miWhodeXD
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    All very well but you should get your bike looked at. It sounds like its only firing on every 4th stroke
    HaHa! I raced an RD350LC YPVS and other 2-smokes, some years ago, so no issue there. As an old guy, almost 64, I like the motocross 4-stroke. It is serious fun to ride and way fast enough for me . Probably more powerful than your old bucket!

Bike
    miWhodeXD

I have fast powerful computers, and 2x4K 40-inch screens, so no issue with the 4K editing .
    How's that Freeride? Interesting bike.

Bike
    miWhodeXD
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Nice riding! Just curious, how big is the size of only 3 min 4k video?
    1.5GB after converting to H264 for YouTube. 967MB in H265 which YouTube still unfortunately does not support.

Bike
    miWhodeXD
    When I've finished the whole video, it will probably be around 100GB! Luckily, I've just had fibre installed. Hopefully Google will support H265 soon.

Bike
    Freeride 250, BETA XT300
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien_Toman View Post
    I have fast powerful computers, and 2x4K 40-inch screens, so no issue with the 4K editing .
    How's that Freeride? Interesting bike.
    Just last week I bought a 27" 4K (LG) from PBTECH, instantly regretted it, wish I had gone for the larger Phillips. My eyes aren't as they used to be and I find myself peering at the screen too hard. Fortunately I know where my tools are in my authoring software else it would be a struggle being creative. I'll probably bite the bullet, sell it and lose a few hundred bucks and upgrade to a larger screen. Better that than damage my eyes any further.

The Freeride is an awesome bike. It uses very simple tech and is a breeze to work on and modify. It is incredibly light for a 250cc and more nimble than a 125. It is deceptively quick and has caught out a lot of good riders before they know it, realising a girl on a Freeride just smoked them. If the trails get very tight and technical it slips away from the Beta with ease.

Bike
    miWhodeXD
    Just last week I bought a 27" 4K (LG) from PBTECH, instantly regretted it, wish I had gone for the larger Phillips. My eyes aren't as they used to be and I find myself peering at the screen too hard. Fortunately I know where my tools are in my authoring software else it would be a struggle being creative. I'll probably bite the bullet, sell it and lose a few hundred bucks and upgrade to a larger screen. Better that than damage my eyes any further.

The Freeride is an awesome bike. It uses very simple tech and is a breeze to work on and modify. It is incredibly light for a 250cc and more nimble than a 125. It is deceptively quick and has caught out a lot of good riders before they know it, realising a girl on a Freeride just smoked them. If the trails get very tight and technical it slips away from the Beta with ease.
    I originally had a similar small Samsung 4K monitor. Once I saw the Phillips 40-inch, it was an easy decision. I now have 2 .
    My main PC, ASRock Skylake Z170 Extreme6+ with i7 6700K, also has 32GB RAM and a Strix GTX980 . Quiet too.

Is the Freeride also good going fast? Any idea of top speed?

Bike
    Freeride 250, BETA XT300
    I originally had a similar small Samsung 4K monitor. Once I saw the Phillips 40-inch, it was an easy decision. I now have 2 .
    My main PC, ASRock Skylake Z170 Extreme6+ with i7 6700K, also has 32GB RAM and a Strix GTX980 . Quiet too.

At work I use a Lenovo box with Xeonฎ E5-2600 2x NVIDIA Quadro K4000 pushing a Dell 30" 2560x1600. I can throw anything at this and it purrs along without a hiccup. Mostly 3D and multimedia applications.
    At home I have a generic i5 16gb ram, GTX970 pushing the LG 27" 4K, I mainly use this to run a 3D printer and do the odd personal quick video edit. I notice the bottleneck, she glitches, it's a pain but bearable.
    The 27" at 4K is just too small unless you dumb it down and run it at 2560x1440, but at the end of the day there is more real estate on the Dell 30" @ 2560x1600.

The Freeride is awesome in the forest, there she comes into her own. I'm happy with the power delivery, 1st and 2nd gears are redundant, 4th gear is the go to gear, you usually shift between 3rd-5th, starting in 3rd. People who start off in 1st and 2nd don't rate the freeride but then they haven't adapted to it, I've met riders, even those who consider themselves good riders, who own them and haven't adapted so give them negative feedback. Its the suspension where I haven't been able to adapt to, going fast, for me hitting whoops at speed riding the Freeride scares the crap out of me. My daughter however doesn't mind hitting whoops at speed. She takes the Freeride up to 90kph in the open, her average speed is 30kph through the forest. She is 5'3 and weighs 65kg, so I guess she is the perfect height and weight for it.

Thread Information