Thread: Bang and oil leak

Bike
    2019 Ninja

Bang and oil leak

Hello. So some time off of riding and then used the bike no issue. I was riding to work I hear a Bang down from the engine. Kind of a bang clunk? Had alook no issue thought wtf had a godo look around. Rode it home and heard a slight clank nothing major. Just checked and oil is leaking out..

Any suggestions? Or is anyone willing to come give me a hand looking at it? Im not highly mechanically minded on bikes. Otherwise can someone suggest a mechanic to take it to.. Kinda scared going to cost alot so poor as one wage as have baby on the way end march/ start april

It continued fine no knocking or anything which I believe is a good sign. Just Checked the oil (with it on its kick stand) and the view hole was just white so guessing i have no oil now

PIcs are awful I know hard to take a pic down there I found
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170222_125503.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	328780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170222_125510.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	278.4 KB 
ID:	328781  

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    First thing I'd be doing is taking off the front sprocket cover to check whether something has gone between the chain and engine, cracking the engine casing.

Bike
    ducati 900ss f650
    You are wasting your time checking your oil on the side sand. Have the bike level and recheck it, if it is low top it up before you start it again

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Had a friend who overtightened his sump plug on one of these and it came out while riding. Cost him a brand new Hyosung engine.
    So I ask:
    Is the sump plug there?

Recheck the oil OFF the sidestand, if you can't see it then that's a substantial leak and you should not start the bike until you find it. If there is still oil in it clean away all the oil and grime and start it again, see if you can spot where the fresh oil comes out.
    Could be a seal behind the sprocket as mentioned above, bit hard to tell with the shitty pictures.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostinu13 View Post
    Hello. So had a week off riding and then used the bike yesterday no issue. This morning riding to work I hear a Bang down from the engine. Kind of a bang clunk? Had alook no issue thought wtf had a godo look around. Rode it home and heard a slight clank nothing major. Just checked and oil is leaking out..

Any suggestions? Or is anyone willing to come give me a hand looking at it? Im not highly mechanically minded on bikes. Otherwise can someone suggest a mechanic to take it to.. Kinda scared going to cost alot so poor as one wage as have baby on the way end march/ start april

It continued fine no knocking or anything which I believe is a good sign. Just Checked the oil (with it on its kick stand) and the view hole was just white so guessing i have no oil now

PIcs are awful I know hard to take a pic down there I found
    those pics are awfull
    As katman said take off the cover if you are lucky its just the counter shaft seal gone.
    The seal, if thats all it is, can be replaced without splitting the cases, not ideal ,or best practice but it can be done.
    JUdging by what looks like a piece of missing area under the countershaft you might have had something caught in your chain. so check that for damage as well.

Second pic i am not sure...........
    Last edited by husaberg; 22nd February 2017 at 20:24. Reason: added coment after seeing seond pic
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Looks to be chain spluge to me. Check the bike upright for oil. Hyos only need to be a bit down to run bearings.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    It sounds like the gudgeon pin has snapped and your piston fell into the crank, this would likely cause a bent valve. The thud you heard would be the valve spring hitting the top of the engine.

To fix it, buy some injector cleaner to add into your next tank of gas. Over fill the oil by 200ml and rev it hard for a couple minutes until it's almost overheating.

Easy

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    It sounds like the gudgeon pin has snapped and your piston fell into the crank, this would likely cause a bent valve. The thud you heard would be the valve spring hitting the top of the engine.

To fix it, buy some injector cleaner to add into your next tank of gas. Over fill the oil by 200ml and rev it hard for a couple minutes until it's almost overheating.

Easy
    rbgiafp. you fokken sikk cunt oi

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    It's losing or lost its oil.... not a good look.

Take it to bike shop & ask if their fine mechanics can take alook. They can carry out compression test, oil pressure test etc. & diagnose pretty quick & hopefully provide a definitive solution.

No disrespect to the expertise of these awesome replies

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Supersize Me

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Thank you to everyone for your replies. With the lil one on the way and some other stiff going on, your ideas help alot.

Game plan
    1. Get friend over to Hold it upright so i can check oil
    2. Clean it and take good photos
    3. If someone to help maybe open up or drive it to mechanics
    4. Cry from cost and get drunk haha (maybe)

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Best course of action really.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Thank you to everyone for your replies. With the lil one on the way and some other stiff going on, your ideas help alot.

Game plan
    1 - Yes
    2 - definately
    3 - As previously posted, the oil looks like it's coming from the front sprocket area, cover not hard to remove, so do this before 2 above.
    4 - Skip the crying part, get drunk, then throw it in the harbour and claim insurance.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr

Game plan
    WHY do you need to get a friend to help hold it upright pmsl.
    Just hold it upright ya self and look at the sight glass or is the sight glass in a really imposable place to see?.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Could you have done bad gear change and then its suddenly fully engaged or jumped ina nd out of gear etc...

Chaina nd sprockets in good condition? could have jumoped cog.....

Broken suspension linkage mount bolts etc???????
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Getting it sorted will report.

Thread Information