Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA ... take two

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    With Goldstar piston and those cams, a grindstone and the biggest carb you could find, a B31 or B33 was the best a young fella could get to a Goldie. And no twittering silencer, I used a straight pipe in scrambler tune, and a megaphone for a shit load of noise on the 6.00am shift.
    Pretty sure thats how Hugh Anderson started out.
    My father had a swingarm B33 with a goldie tank and clubmans head light set up. GS pattern guards etc (An iron Star)
    Std cam and heavy flywheels though you used to shut the throttle and it still went just as fast.

The Plunger A10 engine in the A65 is a nicer bike to ride 2 inches shorter sweeter steering far smoother.
    Pretty sure the Mo Haley frames that most of the cams B33 GS tune race bikes had here, were a couple of inches shorter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    With Goldstar piston and those cams, a grindstone and the biggest carb you could find, a B31 or B33 was the best a young fella could get to a Goldie. And no twittering silencer, I used a straight pipe in scrambler tune, and a megaphone for a shit load of noise on the 6.00am shift.

one of the lads when I was a young teen had the Starfire 500 single, cant remember exactly what he'd done, but it had a big carb, cam's and a goldie pipe on it,,, certainly didnt go too bad.... WHEN it was going

BSA

Bastard
    Stops
    Anywhere
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Thread Information