Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WRBs. it's not a conspiracy, man!

Bike
    Honda
    Had to shoot over to the south side of the Brynderwyns today and on the way back it was noticed that the newly installed WRB's have been tested and successfully tested I might add, the car is pointing northward in the southbound lanes, it spun around somehow. A possible head on was avoided.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170303_140042-1-1[1].jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	622.0 KB 
ID:	328998  
    '' i'd let you touch me.''

Sorry fulla but I am spoken for.

Bike
    Sold
    Absolutely correct.

There was a case study in the early 1970's where there were a statistically significant number of unexplained crashes on a stretch of German autobahn in winter. The Ergonomics Dept of Cranfield University in the UK cracked it. The low sun angle through leafless poplars at the side of the autobahn created a flicker which in turn created a type of epileptic seizure in some drivers that had a predisposition to light frequencies of that type.

So yes, a very real phenomenon......

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by trufflebutter View Post
    Had to shoot over to the south side of the Brynderwyns today and on the way back it was noticed that the newly installed WRB's have been tested and successfully tested I might add, the car is pointing northward in the southbound lanes, it spun around somehow. A possible head on was avoided.
    And if it had been concrete, a couple of black marks on the toe of the wall, a brown skiddy in the drivers pants and no
    need to involve 4 traffic management trucks and a repair crew.
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Absolutely correct.

There was a case study in the early 1970's where there were a statistically significant number of unexplained crashes on a stretch of German autobahn in winter. The Ergonomics Dept of Cranfield University in the UK cracked it. The low sun angle through leafless poplars at the side of the autobahn created a flicker which in turn created a type of epileptic seizure in some drivers that had a predisposition to light frequencies of that type.

I can identify with this. A few years ago when I lived in Papatowai in the Catlins, I worked at Fonterra at Edendale through the winter months. There was one particular stretch of road near Fortrose lined with tall flaxes. If I timed it right, (or wrong, depending on how you look at it), the sun shining between the flaxes had a very disturbing effect on me.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely correct.

quick jewgle fails me. link?

Bike
    2017 suzuki ls650 Boulevard
    Absolutely correct.

I would liken it to a strobe light in a night club it warps your perception of speed a day depth and you can't react to changes as quickly.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    quick jewgle fails me. link?
    I was a junior engineering lecturer in the department next to Ergonomics - direct contact with the people involved. Have no idea whether there was a paper published or whether it was a commercial contract.

Bike
    husaberg
    I was a junior engineering lecturer in the department next to Ergonomics - direct contact with the people involved. Have no idea whether there was a paper published or whether it was a commercial contract.
    You should have been next to the music department.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BcznTZzoec
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zcgdoyinus

The setting sun effect on the pine forrest on the highway between Chch and Ashvegas used to be horriffic in late afternoon, very distracting.
    It wasn't a conspiracy unless CHV was in on it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BLP View Post
    I would liken it to a strobe light in a night club it warps your perception of speed a day depth and you can't react to changes as quickly.
    only at certain frequencies. and it's implemented at clubs with specifically that effect in mind...

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Hahaha! Good find . Cranfield was aeronautics, engineering and management. Not an arts faculty within miles

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    rbgiafp.

the plot thickens.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Absolutely correct.

The classic French Route Nationales pre motorways were lined with Poplars. They were apparently well known for the strobe effect - and it's affect on drivers.

Then again most were probably well wined anyway.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The classic French Route Nationales pre motorways were lined with Poplars. They were apparently well known for the strobe effect - and it's affect on drivers.

Then again most were probably well wined anyway.
    You would remember how crap the drive was with the pines between ash vegas and CHCH in the late afternoon.

Hahaha! Good find . Cranfield was aeronautics, engineering and management. Not an arts faculty within miles
    Yeah i bet you were well overun with hot looking girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    yeah but that's the thing... do they have a subliminal effect?
    if yes: has it been utilised by TPTB to manipulate behaviour, OR less orwellian but scary anyway, are they ignorant of it?

option b: the flicker has no effect.
    They don't bother me or slow me down ... but I keep a more wary eye on other traffic near or approaching me though.

Roads with single lane traffic each way with a median barrier might be a little intimidated with the "abrasion" principal though ... but they would be wimps ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2017 suzuki ls650 Boulevard
    only at certain frequencies. and it's implemented at clubs with specifically that effect in mind...
    Yea correct so the sun at the right angle and spectrum due to time of year would create the same effect through the trees I guess.

Thread Information