Thread: swapping out dog bones

Bike
    2020 DL 1050 Vstrom RO

swapping out dog bones

I'm going to swap out the aftermarket susp link arms the Prev Owner installed in my 96 mk1 B12. I just thought I would ask if anyone has a set of suspension link arms (dog bones) of the original length they would want to swap or sell, I can happily part with a set 10mm shorter than stock. (raises the back approx 2 in). It makes the bike a tad too nervous for my intended use, given I am slight build and it raises the back up too much and I am already on min preload.

I was going to either buy in replacement originals, or make myself. Thought I would ask here first.

PM me if you got something, and willing to swap or part with.

needs to be 200mm total length, 180mm centre to centre of the holes.
    cheers

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Real easy to make if you want to. But try Action motorcycle wreckers in Takapuna in Aucks. I would guess he would have some.

Bike
    2020 DL 1050 Vstrom RO

Bikebusters comes through yet again

Contacted Wayne at Bikebusters Ngaruawahia and he sent me the required parts, plus extra, and not just one set but two sets for the price.

Two sets of arms, and two sets of cantilevers with bearings and bushes, from the early Mk1 and later model which had some slight changes to the rear susp configuration. Barely noticeable difference in the cantilever pivot placements, barely a mm different but there you go. Gives me some options to play with now to get it exactly how I want it.

Gotta say am running out of excuses to use anyone else, as he comes up trumps in every way each time I call him.

Way to run a business.

Thread Information