Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Triumph Street Triple S/R/RS 765cc

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaLad View Post
    Must say I'm quite impressed with the RS. A few ponies down on my Speed Triple, but being much lighter the power to weight is actually improved. I wonder how much the reduction in torque would be missed?
    Depends on the roads you inhabit. In traffic or in the twisties, my 675 would eat my Blackbird. So much easier to handle. I know it's comparing apples with oranges but power to weight ratio and a pretty flat torque curve so you're rarely caught in the wrong gear in everyday riding conditions counts for a massive amount.

Bike
    Honda Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    You're optimistic.
    The price for the Street Triple 765cc S is out: $17,990. An increase in RRP of $1000 over the old 675cc Triple S. Pretty much in line with what I expected, however haven't found out the Triple R price yet.

In other news, the 2016 models are on clearance now, a new Triple R for $15,990 with accessory kit (fly screen, belly pan and seat cowl).

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    So we're looking at north of $20k for the RS...ouch.

edit: $17,990 is a $2k increase isn't it? Pretty sure the previous (non-R) Street was $15,990.

edit2: Actually I think you're right, $16,990 last year.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    If the base model is indeed only a grand more then I call it as very good value.

Most people drop that on a fancy muffler that gains 1.2% more performance ......

Are there not three models? I wonder if that is a mistake - MV did that on some of theirs - the big bore Brutale springs to mind as I was looking at them in 2015 - they ended up dropping the 'base' model and having two only.

I like the idea of two only - bloody good - then big bucks for excellent. like just about every other maker does.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    I honestly don't see them selling a lot of the S model - it only seems to exist to demonstrate how much better the R is. The difference between the R and the RS is mostly bling to most road riders.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    I honestly don't see them selling a lot of the S model - it only seems to exist to demonstrate how much better the R is. The difference between the R and the RS is mostly bling to most road riders.
    More power and Ohlins is not to be sneezed at.

Bike
    Honda Hornet
    I think the S will still sell well since its on the border of what most would be willing to stretch to and who won't care for all the technological bells and whistles if it means they save 2500-3000.

The R at a guess will be between 20-21k and I feel that once you get over 20k it becomes a much bigger mental jump for a mid sized naked bike, remembering that they have to compete with other companies like Yamaha, etc.

Thread Information