Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NZSBK 2017 Hampton Downs

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    My opinion, the rules must be changed. How can the rider crashing and causing the red flag then be awarded maximum points for that section of the race. This is simply not fair to all the following riders.

Also agree not enough laps in total.

MNZ and riders plus officials on the day need to sort this before next season, it is very bad

Congrats to all the riders, condolences over the final result to Tony Rees

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiKid View Post
    How can the rider crashing and causing the red flag then be awarded maximum points for that section of the race. This is simply not fair to all the following riders.

who judges whether a downed rider caused the crash or was taken out? often there's nobody qualified on a corner to make that call, what if they went down in oil or debri, its a tough one that i understand has recently been rbought up and all riders have had the right to challenge it.
    Tony said that at the end of the day he didn't ride hard enough at hd, more to the point he rode as hard as his bike and tyre set up would allow, it's just that sloan and other riders went faster and his points whittled away to be just half a point behind.
    my observation is the awarding of full half points for just 20% of the race is a little far fetched.

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    who judges whether a downed rider caused the crash or was taken out? often there's nobody qualified on a corner to make that call, what if they went down in oil or debri, its a tough one that i understand has recently been rbought up and all riders have had the right to challenge it.
    Tony said that at the end of the day he didn't ride hard enough at hd, more to the point he rode as hard as his bike and tyre set up would allow, it's just that sloan and other riders went faster and his points whittled away to be just half a point behind.
    my observation is the awarding of full half points for just 20% of the race is a little far fetched.
    OK so being involved with the red flag crash ( and falling) can sometimes be wrong place wrong time. Is it fairer to penalise the rider still upright. Unfortunately the rules were not entirely followed in this case (race distance 65%). It was also obvious that Frost simply crashed in this instance. I take nothing away from his ability and courage, just the rules and perhaps the guts of MNZ track officials need upgrading

Bike
    suzuki
    Unfortunately the rules were not entirely followed in this case (race distance 65%).
    you're reading them wrong, the 65% refers to riders who have had an issue in less than 65% of the duration of the race before it was red flagged.
    last weekend at taupo; al hoogie went down turn one lap one, scott moir pulled out from memory lap two, the race was red flagged at 5, back to four so neither had completed 65% of the four laps and could not rejoin the race, moir did, got some riding in but was disqualified, hoogie didn't restart.

Bike
    Exercycle
    It's always been the case that places revert to the lap prior to the red flag. Yes there have been instances where it was the leader who caused the red - but there have been more where it was a backmarker - swings and roundabouts...

Dredging my memory, i'm pretty sure the restart thing was discussed to death a few years back. Riders didn't want more than one restart because of tyre warmth and wear issues plus fuel etc....Organisers didn't want more than one restart due to the already overcrowded programme and time issues.
    Again, pretty sure a group of top National riders were consulted about the rules for this circumstance. If someone wants to start it up again, they're welcome.
    Yes, there'll always be someone who feels hard done by. Can't please everybody all the time.

Bike
    Exercycle
    OK so being involved with the red flag crash ( and falling) can sometimes be wrong place wrong time. Is it fairer to penalise the rider still upright. Unfortunately the rules were not entirely followed in this case (race distance 65%). It was also obvious that Frost simply crashed in this instance. I take nothing away from his ability and courage, just the rules and perhaps the guts of MNZ track officials need upgrading
    If you feel you have something to contribute as an official, put your name forward for a stewards position in your club....

Once you've served as a steward or CoC for 20 plus years, then you might be worth listening to. If you think the guts of the volounteer officials need upgrading, I suggest you seek out Trevor Heaphy and tell him so.....

Bike
    a Blue one
    Scrap the rule.
    New rule;- Flag to flag race.
    If in say a 20 lap race it is red flagged at lap 6, a new race is run for the remainder of the original race distance ie 14 laps
    Rider that caused the red flag cannot start the restarted race.

no two part crap, no 2/3rds crap, no 65% crap just racing on a track for the distance the race is scheduled to run.

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
    Rider that caused the red flag cannot start the restarted race.
    YOU CANNOT FAIRLY DETERMINE WHO CAUSED A RED FLAG IN THE TIME AVAILABLE.

Can I scream?

Bike
    motocompo
    The downed rider needs to have a half hour stand down for medical observation. That is how the situation is handled in some other countries.
    The bike should also be re inspected for crash damage that could result in a non compliant machine.

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    If you feel you have something to contribute as an official, put your name forward for a stewards position in your club....

Once you've served as a steward or CoC for 20 plus years, then you might be worth listening to. If you think the guts of the volounteer officials need upgrading, I suggest you seek out Trevor Heaphy and tell him so.....
    Sorry although I am in NZ a few times a year, in general the commute would kill me. I have been involved from racer to sponsor to official for over 4 decades. Maybe you need to wake up on the other side of the bed if you are always this Grumphy and take things so personally

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Sorry although I am in NZ a few times a year, in general the commute would kill me. I have been involved from racer to sponsor to official for over 4 decades. Maybe you need to wake up on the other side of the bed if you are always this Grumphy and take things so personally

...whatever you did, whatever you do, whatever you think you did, whatever you wish to do, doesn't mean fuck all if you haven't been involved in NZ Motorcycle Sport and have tried to be a 'voice'...it's a rocky road and usually a forlorn hope to think you can change anything, specially on a forum such as this...there is a few years worth of stewarding and officiating members on here, Grumph being one of them...I'm with jellywrestler on this one, scratching my swede...snafu...

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    The downed rider needs to have a half hour stand down for medical observation. That is how the situation is handled in some other countries.
    The bike should also be re inspected for crash damage that could result in a non compliant machine.
    For a long time I'd heard the comment doing a "Foret". Rumour has it, Fabian Foret if he fell off, would lay on the track until the race was red flagged. Once flagged, he'd jump up and run back to the pits so he could get on the restart that he'd caused........

Bike
    husaberg
    My opinion, the rules must be changed. How can the rider crashing and causing the red flag then be awarded maximum points for that section of the race. This is simply not fair to all the following riders.

Also agree not enough laps in total.

MNZ and riders plus officials on the day need to sort this before next season, it is very bad

It depends on the situation for instance, someone might blow up their Ducati then do most of a lap on the racing line pissing out all the bikes oil resulting in a crashes of the leaders and other riders.

We miss you Raymond Roche
    Anyone remember him beating up his RS500 after it blew up and storming off in a huff
    Last edited by husaberg; 7th March 2017 at 17:39. Reason: ye dave we know you were a flag marshalll that day
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    a concussion test is mandatory and after frost crashed at invers despite it being the last s/b race he was still required to take one, he also took one and a leathers off examination before rejoining at taupo, however he was on another bike which is dissallowed.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Interesting - I may even know you if you've been around that long. I will always respond like that to attacks on Volounteer officials. ALL they can do is uphold the rule book - they have NO discretion as you should know.

Hmm, not involved in yacht charters are you ?

Thread Information