Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NZSBK 2017 Hampton Downs

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiKid View Post
    No Andrew was out early (on time) and initially went to his grid position of the first start. I was in the pits near the start line, my friend Bill was a grid marshall, and was told by his 'boss' to move Andrew to the rear of the grid. Bill has no input into that call but the folk in charge had already used up the allocated 30 minutes fluffing around and had not made a decision until Andrew was on the front row. They should have had the decency to have made a call in the 30 minute window and informed Andrew he was not eligible to restart. A little bit of arithmetic does not take 30 minutes. This is the sort of thing that pisses everybody off. Albeit that officials generally do a great job with little thanks.....and who would be responsible if the unthinkable happened and Andrew was involved in a serious accident (when he should not have been there...in their opinion)
    as said only recollection i probably watch more races than anyone else in nz so it becomes a blur at the end of the day, rememeber he set the fastest lap of all the riders on the first lap but i did remind people it's not a fiar representation as he's had a drag race from the rear of the grid to the start line. also remember hime saying it certianlly got his attention starting from the back, i thought , fuck if a superbike hasn't already got your attention..
    fact is half the riders don't even know the rules and run round asking the officials/commentators etc.

Bike
    Exercycle
    I wasn't at the GP meeting in question. But from experience I can tell you that generally if there's a question of exclude or not, and there are major questions with no time for consultation, the answer 9/10 of the time will be allow them in, we'll sort it out later.
    Yes, if they crash when they should have been excluded, fingers will be pointed. But if they're excluded and should actually have been INCLUDED, heads will roll in the organisation.
    Better by far to include when in doubt as removing points is a damm sight easier than trying to award missing ones...

And yes, in an ideal world everyone would know ALL the rules and permutations but sometimes shit happens...

I think it was around then that Billy decided to bring the same Steward and CoC to all the nationals. The problem he didn't think of there was the towers in the SI are only used with the permission of the Car clubs - and the authorised guys were not friendly to his ideas. But that's another story...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    All well and good. But an extra bike in the mix and it fucks with legitimate racers.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    But that's another story...
    ...there are lots of stories...mainly from people, some on here, some elsewhere...only stories though...none very accurate, some just opinion and then there are the facts...it was a bit of a mess and officials were being manhandled by other affected riders team mates, AS was trying as hard as possible to be 'helpful to himself' and the NI official who was 'in control', wasn't really, at all,...while the situation got steadily worse as far as the restart and gridding went, a lone SI official had to manually go back through the lap scoring to ascertain who was where...the 'official' lap timing from upstairs was incomplete due to technical issues, Spyda was waving the incomplete printout around,which would have sorted things out a lot quicker had it been up to the minute...a whole heap of shit was happening and it was very tense...I was there for my club to observe the new directive from MNZ about them providing their officials for the series instead of using the hosting clubs officials...fingers can be pointed in all directions, mainly North...all in all it was a fuck up caused through a technical issue and some riders/teams all being very human and competitive and obstructive to getting it sorted...all water under the bridge and the river keeps flowing...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    All well and good. But an extra bike in the mix and it fucks with legitimate racers.
    and Sloan was stopped from going out at taupo, for the wrong reasons but it turned out he wouldn't have been allowed out as he was not on the same bike, if he had protested and it was upheld they would have had to either wipe everyones points for that race, or re run the race with him in, either way would cause dramas. what they need is someone who knows the rules intimately and can judge on them, and it starts with the riders not knowing them well enough often.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I haven't read all the posts, but has it been settled,who's the champion of New Zealand ?
    Weez or Chocka ?????
    subject to an appeal still

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiKid View Post
    Andrew Stroud gridded up at the front of the grid and after a very long discussion was made to move to the rear of the grid....in the meantime several bikes were overheating including Robbie Budgen's (almost certainly why the engine blew). Bloody officials could not make the decision on whether Stroud had completed enough distance of the previous start to be allowed to participate. I guess the 30 minute mark was approaching so they simply allowed him to grid up and then the shit hit the fan. Fucking useless ! One of the greatest races I have seen but Stroud should not have been part of it (apparently).
    https://ctaslive.nz/CtasVOD.aspx?cta...tp=NZSBKRnd112

some of ctas's older stuff is still not in the free to air bin, got hold of Grant and he unlocked it for us, anyone want any races he hasn't already unlocked it's dead easy and free.
    Wasn't checking up on ya mate, every now and then it's good to watch what's happened in the past again

Thread Information