Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who has the best horn?

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I was concerned about the reported unreliability but haven't experienced it. There was a guy on KB did several group buys, a lot of people bought them but I haven't seen any whinging.

I got one of those in a group buy. Always worked fine.

A few months back I saw it was wobbling around a bit. Removed it and found that the bracket it came with had a stress-fracture along 80% of the bend. It was about to snap off (and given where it was mounted, do something very bad to my ability to steer). Reconnected stock horn for the present time.

(I'll be putting it back when I get around to it, this time I'll use a relay (bought the bits from JayCar), and I'll power both the stock horn and the magnum. Stock is fairly high pitched and the steibel is low, so should work well.

The plan is to mount the relay protected under the seat, near the battery. I'll have to run the stock horn leads back to it, then the relay-switched power back to the stock horn and on to the steibel.)
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lb99 View Post
    what is an invisibike?
    it's a portmanteau of the words "invisible" and "motorbike", which, by given the context, would indicate that my bike is an invisible one.

hth.

Bike
    a green one, + some others
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    it's a portmanteau of the words "invisible" and "motorbike", which, by given the context, would indicate that my bike is an invisible one.

hth.
    does that mean it is imaginary?
    Yes I know my enemies
    They're the teachers who taught me to fight me....

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by lb99 View Post
    does that mean it is imaginary?
    no, it just means you or the rest of us can't see it, can't ride it and can't hear it

But Akzle can (in his mind), and on KB that's all that matters

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    a green one, + some others
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    no, it just means you or the rest of us can't see it, can't ride it and can't hear it

But Akzle can (in his mind), and on KB that's all that matters
    maybe its a unicorn?

or a My Little Pony?
    Yes I know my enemies
    They're the teachers who taught me to fight me....

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Looks like I'm a bit late to comment but the dual Fiamms on the GS1100 are really LOUD. Mounted in place of the original squeaker and run through a relay. Not air horns so no long trumpets and no compressor to mount
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Looks like I'm a bit late to comment but the dual Fiamms on the GS1100 are really LOUD. Mounted in place of the original squeaker and run through a relay. Not air horns so no long trumpets and no compressor to mount
    The Nautilus does not have "long trumpets" and the compressor is not large. As I posted earlier I had a twin FIAMM setup previously, it was loud but still sounded like a motorbike; effeminate compared to the Nautilus(?).
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    I got one of those in a group buy. Always worked fine.

A few months back I saw it was wobbling around a bit. Removed it and found that the bracket it came with had a stress-fracture along 80% of the bend. It was about to snap off (and given where it was mounted, do something very bad to my ability to steer). Reconnected stock horn for the present time.

(I'll be putting it back when I get around to it, this time I'll use a relay (bought the bits from JayCar), and I'll power both the stock horn and the magnum. Stock is fairly high pitched and the steibel is low, so should work well.

The plan is to mount the relay protected under the seat, near the battery. I'll have to run the stock horn leads back to it, then the relay-switched power back to the stock horn and on to the steibel.)
    You should have the relay close to the horns. Then you just need to run a power cable to the relay, and can use the existing horn wiring to switch the relay. Simple.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Thread Information