Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NZSBK Superbike Championship - on hold

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Just how many times can the participants involved appeal and reappeal a decision and do the (re)appealed decisions go to a higher level to be decided on or do the same bunch of wallies that made the previous and now (re)appealed decisions decide on the issues they have already heard or reheard?
    Because there is a big pink elephant in the room.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Fuck OFF! I'm not even involved in this. I've told you before.

Fucking sidecar racers...
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    it's like a giraffe getting stuck in quick sand, so much time thinking about shit that went wrong and whatever the end is it won't be much fun then....
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Lay off the beastiality guys....it just confuses the masses - and the buggers shit everywhere.

I suspect that the next level is a sub-committee of the Executive formed to hear any re-lodged protests.
    And may god protect us....

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
    Fact 1, Know it all fuckwit official turns up a week later and decrees result incorrect
    Fact 2, Tony and the majority of the field completed well over 1 lap until the red flag came out
    Fact 3, Sloan can not be awarded half points for a race he crashed out of over a lap and a half earlier
    Fact 4, Fuckwit official was proved wrong in Tony's appeal

Better find something else to wipe your arse with buddy
    more likely have a curry so i shit more, i was their, i was commentating, i saw what happened and the timing of it.....
    where were you and what was your role at the meeting?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    more likely have a curry so i shit more, i was their, i was commentating, i saw what happened and the timing of it.....
    So then...what the fuck did happen?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    All I can say is, *if* they're the facts, how could any cunt argue?
    Lap record at Taupo must be 45 seconds if that was correct. Trust me, the record is still near enough to twice that.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Trust me, the record is still near enough to twice that.
    Not if I was there. The older I get etc etc...

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    So excuse my ignorance but is there a problem with the rules around red flagging and the splitting of the race into parts and part points and who is entitled to the points? Is that what this argument is about and are the rules not written well enough for it not to be in dispute?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    So excuse my ignorance but is there a problem with the rules around red flagging and the splitting of the race into parts and part points and who is entitled to the points? Is that what this argument is about and are the rules not written well enough for it not to be in dispute?
    Fucking weird. I'm only joining dots, so could be well wrong. But if Sloan crashed out, causing a red flag to come out...why should you even get any points? You're in the fucking kitty litter.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Fucking weird. I'm only joining dots, so could be well wrong. But if Sloan crashed out, causing a red flag to come out...why should you even get any points? You're in the fucking kitty litter.
    I thought the same thing. But the rule of going back a lap is the fairest way to do it, because it might not be the crashers own fault.

One could argue that each crash should be reviewed and points only given to those without fault, but it would create more situations like we're in now.

Bike
    '08 R6
    I thought the same thing. But the rule of going back a lap is the fairest way to do it, because it might not be the crashers own fault.

One could argue that each crash should be reviewed and points only given to those without fault, but it would create more situations like we're in now.
    Not really. If you crash and there is no red flag then you are out with no points. If it's not your fault, still no points. That's not 'fair' either but it removes any ambiguity, and no one can argue that they would have won etc. Why should you be able to flip this around in a red flag situation? The way it is now there is ambiguity, and people sure as hell are arguing.

This particular event is a great example. Sloan crashes (his fault), he gets the points anyway then goes on to (apparently) win the title. Rules aside, that's not fair. That said those are the rules and if I was him I'd want to take advantage too. It's the rules that are wrong, not the competitors use of them.
    Arborist available - Will trade tree work services for bike parts or servicing! PM me...

Bike
    suzuki

impossible to police as there are some tracks where corners are hidden and whose going to make the call on fault when no-one has seen the crash? At the end of the day if it wasn't serious enough to bring out a red flag they would not finish the race and then we would have to judge each and every incident.....

Bike
    Various things
    But the rule of going back a lap is the fairest way to do it, because it might not be the crashers own fault.
    So what. It's how it goes sometimes. Nicky Hayden nearly lost his chance of his title when Perdro skittled him, then Rossi lost it to him when he binned it. Suck it up. Reading this, that's not a title I'd feel happy winning.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Agree crasher, it is quite different in my view if a person that crashed did it after the red flag is shown to that person because the race is already stopped a la Jim Richards at Bathurst that brought on the "pack of arseholes" response. However if the race is running normally and someone crashes out like Rossi and Marquez did last week it makes no sense they should get any points at all (those two didn't) just because they then caused a red flag and then it is used to save their bacon points wise. If the rules don't work in this way there is moral problem even if technically that person can then say "but the rules say I can have the points".
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp2183 View Post
    Not really. If you crash and there is no red flag then you are out with no points. If it's not your fault, still no points. That's not 'fair' either but it removes any ambiguity, and no one can argue that they would have won etc. Why should you be able to flip this around in a red flag situation? The way it is now there is ambiguity, and people sure as hell are arguing.

This particular event is a great example. Sloan crashes (his fault), he gets the points anyway then goes on to (apparently) win the title. Rules aside, that's not fair. That said those are the rules and if I was him I'd want to take advantage too. It's the rules that are wrong, not the competitors use of them.
    Logical well-reasoned post. KB in shock!

Thread Information