Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NZSBK Superbike Championship - on hold

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp2183 View Post
    Kinda agree with this. Some may not be great but when those who complain are not willing to have a go themselves it's a bit tough. These guys aren't politicians who are paid plenty and therefore fairly privileged to be there. They are humans who make human errors when interpreting a (sometimes) ambiguous rulebook. Unless it is a safety related issue in which case there should be no confusion.

In this case there were some average decisions made by those in decision-making positions. But to MNZs credit they have accepted mistakes were made and reversed wrong decisions as per the appeal process so that the (according to the rules apparently) correct result is recognised.

I've gotta say that from my unbiased viewpoint it seems like a correct process with an outcome with a bit of rigour behind it. If I were in Sloan or Tony's position I might be a bit more passionate though...
    Bullshit. These people put themselves on the position. They put their fucken hand up. They weren't forced to do it.

So if they're shithouse, as a member I am well right to say they're shithouse.

Bike
    '08 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Bullshit. These people put themselves on the position. They put their fucken hand up. They weren't forced to do it.

Yeah it's a free world and you can say what you like. No one is telling you that you can't drop a few f bombs along the way either. It just won't do much so it gets kinda old for those of us listening to it. Like apathetic non-voters complaining about the government. If you don't like it, vote for someone else or take action to change it.
    Arborist available - Will trade tree work services for bike parts or servicing! PM me...

Bike
    Exercycle

From personal observation over too many years, some actually are forced into it - otherwise as gets pointed out to them, the club can't run meetings due to a lack of officials...
    Some also are retired riders who want to give something back.

I've only ever in all the branches of motorsport I've worked in, found one guy who was in it for the power - and thank christ he was in kartsport and is now dead.

Bike
    suzuki
    Fucking useless officials is the other problem.
    and riders who don't check results

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    In this case, yep.

It doesnt occur to most people I don't think. That'll change now I reckon.

Bike
    motocompo
    Can someone please explain?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Can someone please explain?
    The steward corrected a mistake in the results, but after the day had concluded.

Bike
    Exercycle
    The steward corrected a mistake in the results, but after the day had concluded.
    And what happened then ? Did they get published in the corrected form or uncorrected ?

As it was part of a series, was mention made at the next riders briefing ?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    And what happened then ? Did they get published in the corrected form or uncorrected ?

As it was part of a series, was mention made at the next riders briefing ?
    It was at the next meeting that people found out about the change.

Since it buggered up Rees, (fuck all mind, if he'd finished just one race or part race higher than the fifth place he would have won properly) they appealed the series results based on the results being changed outside of the stewards allowed time frame and without rider protest.

Bike
    suzuki
    odd eh, the rule states that a protest can be made up to thirty minutes after the posting of the results and this wasn't done, the team affected had how many members and how many resources (lap tops/ timers) to check this and did nothing about it at the time, now they're whinging

I'd be very careful about making Libelous statements, this simply states that you don't know the facts, and you don't know the rules and reflects poorly on your rider and team.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    odd eh, the rule states that a protest can be made up to thirty minutes after the posting of the results and this wasn't done, the team affected had how many members and how many resources (lap tops/ timers) to check this and did nothing about it at the time, now they're whinging

I'd be very careful about making Libelous statements, this simply states that you don't know the facts, and you don't know the rules and reflects poorly on your rider and team.
    I wasnt part of the team after Teratonga.

I should have added that this was my understanding of the situation though.

Bike
    suzuki

I should have added that this was my understanding of the situation though.
    Interesting that you still are so quick to sling shit when you simply don't know the facts, however it still remains a libelous statement though.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Interesting that you still are so quick to sling shit when you simply don't know the facts, however it still remains a libelous statement though.
    Oh really? The officials didn't fuck it up? The whole thing isn't a stupid mess that shouldn't have happened?

Please (without being libelous of course) point out my error? What I've said is what I've pieced together from bits and pieces. It's prolly full of holes or miscalculated, but fuck ups happened by cunts doing shit wrong.

Bike
    suzuki
    Oh really? The officials didn't fuck it up? The whole thing isn't a stupid mess that shouldn't have happened?

Please (without being libelous of course) point out my error? What I've said is what I've pieced together from bits and pieces. It's prolly full of holes or miscalculated, but fuck ups happened by cunts doing shit wrong.
    fuck i hope you don't end up on any jury, ever.

I never said anything to that Drew, so don't put your random words into my mouth.

You are connected to the people that know more directly than I am, run off and ask them, then come back and put that side of the story here correctly, or better still; let them if they feel they want to as really after all as you pointed out, you weren't part of the team after Teretonga.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Firstly - If the points position was made clear at the riders briefing in the morning of the next round, then all knew at that point just where they stood.
    Your man certainly should have known at that point.

Secondly - If the error was picked up by a Steward checking a job which had probably been done by a club official rather than an MNZ one - then he's doing his job. Admittedly a tad late but we don't know the circs. It should probably have been published on the MNZ website, maybe the top 5 advised too...

Thirdly - If it hadn't been picked up in time for the last round, Rees would have a serious case for the Sports Tribunal.

Thread Information