Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NZSBK Superbike Championship - on hold

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Tony Rees is the Champ, (according to his own facebook page,)

https://www.facebook.com/TeamReesRac...VdjXTI&fref=nf

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    Tony Rees is the Champ, (according to his own facebook page,)

https://www.facebook.com/TeamReesRac...VdjXTI&fref=nf
    True class.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Interesting to see the video footage, because it certainly clarified a lot, as to me I thought we were being spun a line that the other rider was in the lead when he crashed. This more clearly shows just how cleanly Tony won that race and it would seem there should never had been a dispute.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Interesting to see the video footage, because it certainly clarified a lot, as to me I thought we were being spun a line that the other rider was in the lead when he crashed. This more clearly shows just how cleanly Tony won that race and it would seem there should never had been a dispute.
    Arguably.

But if could watch that video and point out which lap Sloan crossed the line in the 6th position he was awarded.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Here's a video from a WSS race that the result had to be taken more than one lap back because the whole field hadn't completed the last one that the leader had.

https://youtu.be/YMj7IlgpGTk

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Arguably.

But if could watch that video and point out which lap Sloan crossed the line in the 6th position he was awarded.
    Why was the red flag even brought out when Sloan crashed out? Did his bike end up on the track or something?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    From an Australian time keeping official.

Under the Australian General Competition Rules (GCR's), in the example you have provided below, the results would go back to the end of the 4th lap, as not everyone has completed the 5th. That's generally hard for most people to understand, as for most of them, they have complete a further lap and part of another when they see the red flag.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Why was the red flag even brought out when Sloan crashed out? Did his bike end up on the track or something?
    He was hurt and the ambo picked him up.

Bike
    BMW
    Yeah the Red flag was from my crash, I got out of the way but I thought id possibly broken my ankle. Problem comes as I had crossed the finish line first at the start of lap 5, race was red flagged before all the riders in the race had finished 5th lap even though Tony obviously finished the 5th lap.

Official records have Stewards instructing results to be taken from start of 5th lap but results were taken from start of 6th lap somehow. Steward changed the result back to start of 5th lap as originally instructed.

Im not 100% sure if I will appeal the decision, I did crash due to my bike siezing which is hard to swollow but I believe the results were correct to be taken back to the start of the 5th not 6th. What rubs salt in the wound is that both Tony and I jumped the start by a mile in the Tri Series, I got 20 sec penalty and Tony didn't get any handing him the Championship and me 3rd. So the rules are what we need to run by.

Tony and Mitch have handled themselves really respectfully I must say, they have been challenging MNZ and not me directly, for me its more difficult because I preferred the original ruling by MNZ so I basically need to challenge the boys complaints directly. I have been disappointed with MNZ due to the fact they completely disregarded all my evidence, they clearly didn't have any intention of hearing my case. In fact the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee openly stated he had not even read my submission as he couldn't open the PDF file. Amongst other things.

No one really wins, however it turns out, it really has cocked up the Championship but it has intensified rivalries on track and online. Its given Tony a little more reason to come back for another season and the feild looks strong, 2017/18 is going to be a great year.

Bike
    a Blue one
    Good reply Choppa, but wasn't Tony on lap 7 when the red flag came out meaning the results go back a lap to lap 6 where he crossed the finish line in first etc and you crashed on lap 5 meaning you couldn't have been included anyway?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
    Good reply Choppa, but wasn't Tony on lap 7 when the red flag came out meaning the results go back a lap to lap 6 where he crossed the finish line in first etc and you crashed on lap 5 meaning you couldn't have been included anyway?
    The whole field wasn't on lap 7. Hense they were instructed to take the results back to lap 5.

Bike
    a Blue one
    Where does it say the whole field has to be on the same lap? what if it was a little further into the race and people had been lapped etc.
    I thought it always refereed to the lead lap - even though it doesn't say that either

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
    Where does it say the whole field has to be on the same lap? what if it was a little further into the race and people had been lapped etc.
    I thought it always refereed to the lead lap - even though it doesn't say that either
    Your argument is the reason I posted two examples of how the rest of the world do it.

Lapped riders stay a lap down, that's a stupid question.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    without seeing the official MNZ decision, and only reading whats on the Rees facebook page,

as i understand it basically Sloans appeal was thrown out, because the points were changed without a protest being filed, and that after they were changed Ree's appealed, so the argument of weather the red flag race points should be counted as the end of lap 4, where Sloan was leading, or the end of lap 5 where all the superbike riders had crossed the line, but not all the supersport riders is really of no consequence,

you can not protest anything after 30 minutes after the results are posted, so as a lesson, if you disagree with the results, file the protest , you can always withdraw it,

on another note, did they make a ruling on the last part of the hampton down race/ was it worth 1/2 points or 1/4 points?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    without seeing the official MNZ decision, and only reading whats on the Rees facebook page,

as i understand it basically Sloans appeal was thrown out, because the points were changed without a protest being filed, and that after they were changed Ree's appealed, so the argument of weather the red flag race points should be counted as the end of lap 4, where Sloan was leading, or the end of lap 5 where all the superbike riders had crossed the line, but not all the supersport riders is really of no consequence,

you can not protest anything after 30 minutes after the results are posted, so as a lesson, if you disagree with the results, file the protest , you can always withdraw it,

on another note, did they make a ruling on the last part of the hampton down race/ was it worth 1/2 points or 1/4 points?
    Cool. Find the lap that Sloan crossed the line in sixth place. Here's a tip, he didn't.

So the results are wrong.

If results can't be changed without a protest, how was Harris stripped of the title he had when he cheated?

Thread Information