Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: 2017 NZSBK Superbike Championship - on hold

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Is there any avenue for Tony to recoup his significant costs in defending this?
    Who would he sue? Sloan for contesting the results (that he had every right to) or the MNZ for being a bunch of hopeless cunts.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    No, and not should there be.
    Why not?
    If I took you to court for being a cunt & you spent thousands proving you weren't, would you not want your losses covered? (Hypothetical situation only)

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Why not?
    If I took you to court for being a cunt & you spent thousands proving you weren't, would you not want your losses covered? (Hypothetical situation only)
    Of course it's hypothetical there isn't enough money in the world to convince people he's not a cunt
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Who would he sue? Sloan for contesting the results (that he had every right to) or the MNZ for being a bunch of hopeless cunts.
    excellent question, what do you think?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    if the riders knew the rules right through the sport then any officials who make mistakes or otherwise should be questioned about it, if the rule isn't right, then there are paths to change them, i've just had one changed that i saw wasn't working, it wasn't hard, just went and saw the right person who looked into it.
    no matter how trivial it's worth doing to tidy up the sport

Bike
    suzuki
    for what itr's worth sloan rode like the wind last year, unfortunately with a four round series and eight races there's not a lot of room to recover from a DNF, this year there should be a lot more competition, strong competition too so it's back into battle and may the best man win.

Bike
    BMW
    Lets get this straight...

I actually WON all of my appeals.

Race 2 at Taupo. The results were incorrect.
    Hampton Downs. The results originally recorded are correct.
    Natural Justice. MNZ didnt give me natural justice.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    if the riders knew the rules right through the sport then any officials who make mistakes or otherwise should be questioned about it, if the rule isn't right, then there are paths to change them, i've just had one changed that i saw wasn't working, it wasn't hard, just went and saw the right person who looked into it.
    no matter how trivial it's worth doing to tidy up the sport
    No one knew a mistake (blatant disregard for the stewards instructions) had happened till after the fact.

Bike
    BMW
    Tony had an appeal against the Stewards decision to change results as Taupo. This appeal was quashed.
    Mitch had an appeal against the results at Hamptons. This appeal was quashed.

The fact that the ST ruled me out of the race at Taupo sealed my fate which I see as a fair decision.

The Championship was always a Cherry but the whole process was simply due to the way I have been treated by MNZ. Its well documented in the decision by the ST that MNZ had a clear bias against me from the outset. MNZ have a lot to answer for considering they wasted $50k of our combined money fighting me when all they needed to do was consider what I had to say which ended up being correct.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Lets get this straight...

I actually WON all of my appeals.

Race 2 at Taupo. The results were incorrect.
    Hampton Downs. The results originally recorded are correct.
    Natural Justice. MNZ didnt give me natural justice.
    That was not made clear at all until right now.
    In fact it seemed like quite the opposite.
    Thanks for putting that straight.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    the decision if anyone wants to read it,

http://www.sportstribunal.org.nz/ass...-Decision3.pdf

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Tony had an appeal against the Stewards decision to change results as Taupo. This appeal was quashed.
    Mitch had an appeal against the results at Hamptons. This appeal was quashed.
    Tony's appeal was set aside, not quashed, because of the perceived bias of the panel, there is a difference (although I am arguing semantics) , and when they ruled that the race was to run to lap 5, it became irrelevant to rehear that appeal,

(b) The initial decision of the Chief Steward at the Taupo meeting that the first part
    of Race 2 had terminated at the end of lap 4 was incorrect. It terminated at the
    end of lap 5. It follows that Mr Frost should not have been awarded any points
    for Race 2. It also follows that the action taken by Mr New at Hampton Downs
    “to correct the errors” made in scoring Race 2 was invalid.
    Mitch's appeal was quashed on the 1/2 or quarter points used, that would have been good to know in the future as the rule was up to interpretation, but since the 1/2 points rule is gone anyway, it wont be used as a precedent,

Bike
    Various things
    The Championship was always a Cherry
    Congrats on the title this year Sloan. That's the way to pick that cheery! Must feel extra good after last season.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Yes congrats Sloan and commiserations to Tony for not being able to compete .
    Cheers

Merv

Thread Information