Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mixing 91 with 95 together

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    They should also read up about the famous Harley engine that powered Lucifiers Hammer.
    Attachment 329485
    Then read up on FZ and FZR racing engines plus how much advance the 60's Honda GP bikes needed compared to a 70's Cosworth for the other end of the spectrum.
    Attachment 329487
    Why can't KB be like this more often?

Ever read the stories about the shift from the 392 to the 426 Hemi's? No one could make power out of the things, no one wanted to shift from racing the 392's. One day Big Daddy Garlits, pissed off that Chrysler were forcing him to run a 426 that couldn't keep up with the 392's - he decided to blow the thing up buy giving it almost 60 degrees of ignition timing. Then he dropped a half second off his best ET. He had a lead for most of that summer until one of his opponents watched him wring the neck of his distributor.

The mighty 426 Hemi - supposedly great, but many, many flaws for the real word. Give me a worked 440 any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Ford's cammer 427 was even worse. The timing chain was long enough to need two different post codes.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    Why can't KB be like this more often?

Ever read the stories about the shift from the 392 to the 426 Hemi's? No one could make power out of the things, no one wanted to shift from racing the 392's. One day Big Daddy Garlits, pissed off that Chrysler were forcing him to run a 426 that couldn't keep up with the 392's - he decided to blow the thing up buy giving it almost 60 degrees of ignition timing. Then he dropped a half second off his best ET. He had a lead for most of that summer until one of his opponents watched him wring the neck of his distributor.

The mighty 426 Hemi - supposedly great, but many, many flaws for the real word. Give me a worked 440 any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Ford's cammer 427 was even worse. The timing chain was long enough to need two different post codes.
    Have you ever seen a baby Hemi AKA Toyota V engine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toyotahemi1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	329488
    The yanks often subscribe to the biggers better theory.
    Hence why this thing exists
    http://www.aaenperformance.com/v4_racing_engine.asp

Name:	V4_Angle.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	329489

Propylene Oxide is what they use to speed up the slow combustion of Nitro methane it could well have its use with poor head designs san the nitro.

Name:	nitromethane bell 4t book.pdf 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	329491
    To be fair the mods do seem to do a decent job of keeping the trolls out of the technical threads now, well better than they were over the last couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    What are you using as an ECU? Are you using a pair of maps for E85 and for 98?
    It uses a Link G4. It's only tuned on E85 but I have a map for 98 which I roadtuned myself with the wideband sensor so it is no good for boosting. I need to plug in the laptop to change it over.

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mangere View Post
    It uses a Link G4. It's only tuned on E85 but I have a map for 98 which I roadtuned myself with the wideband sensor so it is no good for boosting. I need to plug in the laptop to change it over.
    Good choice.

I hear they're really great, and the best and awesome.

I may be biased
    Can I scream?

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mangere View Post
    I've been using self learning EFI on some muscle cars, had some very good results with the Holley EFI self learning, Edelbrock set up, not so much. Neither seems to support E85 as a realistic option. Japanese cars with turbo's are light years ahead of old American cars even with more modern TBI set ups - TBI is God's way of telling you to buy an LS.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Thread Information