Well, I must have forgotten to unhook that little ol battery 6 months ago, when I last fired up the ol Coal Burner.
So today when I peeled off the side cover I was puzzled to see the leads were still connected.
I moved her outside, gave her a birthday wash and blow dry ( you know, the garden leaf blower) then hit the starter button, a bit slow I thought. Let go the button, no ignition this time.
Then I remembered, I turned the headlight on ( it's a big ol 7"with big 90/110 bulb installed, see for a country mile at night) and waited a minute or so.
Hit that starter again and bingo we had Contact Houston.
I kid you not, attempted to start a stone cold bike Tempermental old TR1/XV 1000 with dodgy starter motor(NOT, got a 4 brush full power one from the states for little money a while ago, no more starting issues) from a battery that hasn't had any work to do for at least the last six months and it(the battery) is at least 4 years old now, it didn't start!
Turned on the main headlight and waited a minute or so.
Kicked her again, this time she fired into life on the choke and sat there idling like a long lost puppy Bike. I love my Coal Burner. Gave her a minute or so turned the choke off and marvelled at her continued smooth, strong idle, on shitty old, at least 6 months old gas.
Well, no Rego (on hold for last 2 years) Warrant just current, remember shes old, they're every six months still.
Polished her best bits for a few minutes while she warmed up good and proper, hopped aboard and took off for a quick round the block, uh, Na, went down the back of Clevedon and around the big block, by the time I got her home shes was purring like a happy kitten.
Put her back in the shed, took out te bandido and went to Raglan for lunch wiv me broinlaw.
Just like to say Ed, thanks again for a great bit of kit.