Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Te Anau Crash

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Maybe add it to 90 mile beach and Skippers canyon, no rental cars allowed, I'm sure the tour companies would step up
    If rental car companies thought there was an issue on the Milford Road they would have banned their vehicles from it. Skippers is in a completely different category to SH94, and 90 mile beach is a beach.

People make mistakes, sometimes this happens when they are driving and sometimes this might be when they are on holiday. In New Zealand that means it might be on a popular tourist route.

I wonder how many New Zealanders have died on new Zealand roads since this crash and why we aren't talking about them?

EDIT - Oh look, another potential one this evening that won't make the national news unless they are from overseas - one-person-critical-after-crash

And another.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    If rental car companies thought there was an issue on the Milford Road they would have banned their vehicles from it. Skippers is in a completely different category to SH94, and 90 mile beach is a beach.

People make mistakes, sometimes this happens when they are driving and sometimes this might be when they are on holiday. In New Zealand that means it might be on a popular tourist route.

I wonder how many New Zealanders have died on new Zealand roads since this crash and why we aren't talking about them?
    they're not scary and require no policy changes to keep the status quo.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    i was watching Motorway patroll tonight and along with the usual white trash there was a asian chap driving a SUV with a car load of rellys and he had bashed the front wheel and popped off several wheel nuts the wheel was wobbling all over the place, now im not a mechanic but i think that the front wheels are connected to the steering wheel, perhaps by a series of pulleys or some other such wizardry so cant understand how the driver didnt know something was wrong, i certainly dont want him coming towards me in 2 ton of steel when he hasnt the brains to work out something was wrong...the cops should have tasered him

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    i was watching Motorway patroll tonight and along with the usual white trash there was a asian chap driving a SUV with a car load of rellys and he had bashed the front wheel and popped off several wheel nuts the wheel was wobbling all over the place, now im not a mechanic but i think that the front wheels are connected to the steering wheel, perhaps by a series of pulleys or some other such wizardry so cant understand how the driver didnt know something was wrong, i certainly dont want him coming towards me in 2 ton of steel when he hasnt the brains to work out something was wrong...the cops should have tasered him
    saw similar many moons ago. azn, no speeku ra engrish. driving with NO FUCKEN TYRE, right rear, sparking like fuck (at night ish) probably ripping big fucken chunks out of the road.

afaik it ended up being a "get taxi home" no charges affair. cunt certainly didnt pay to fix the road.

Bike
    So old you won't care

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    but you fucken read it anyway, didn't ya cunt.

and then posted it here, just so everyone else would know. with a link, so other people could read what you read, and determine why your sad about it, and know that your such a deep caring soul.

exit this way for fuck sakes.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    aaaaand FUCK stuff.
    ...Their rental car collided with a bus...

their rental car didn't do shit. it sat there, being a car. until some cunt got behind the go-pedals and turningenator-wheel and did stuff.

for fucks fucking sake.

darwin:1
    krauts:-2

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    but you fucken read it anyway, didn't ya cunt.

and then posted it here, just so everyone else would know. with a link, so other people could read what you read, and determine why your sad about it, and know that your such a deep caring soul.

exit this way for fuck sakes.
    Nah - just drawing a line under a post I started.

The thing is - the bus company are saying the car was on the wrong side of the road yet the bus ended up on the wrong side of the road? A few people back a few posts pointed out how that could have happened. You assume (well OK I assumed) it was an older Chinese driver but not so - young fully fit men.

I've ridden that road a few times and its always been a thrill - recently its been so busy we have not bothered, now its even more dangerous I guess?

But thanks for your observations and its good to know the way out... You do make it sound attractive (or at least better than here)

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Our Government are lucky we are not seeing a pattern of foreign drivers involved in serious and fatal crashes. Otherwise we would expect them to do something about it. Well apart from this week's news stories;
    1.Karen Rutherford TV Journo struck by Chinese driver. He drove into her and her daughter who were riding horses. Apart from the horses hugging the roadside there was no oncoming vehicles but dipshit doesn't know what the steering wheel is for.
    2.Supposedly the two Germans in Te Anau crash were on the wrong side of the road
    3.Yank Doctor visiting NZ admits careless driving causing multiple deaths near Nelson.
    All in all a quiet week.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Our Government are lucky we are not seeing a pattern of foreign drivers involved in serious and fatal crashes. Otherwise we would expect them to do something about it. Well apart from this week's news stories;
    1.Karen Rutherford TV Journo struck by Chinese driver. He drove into her and her daughter who were riding horses. Apart from the horses hugging the roadside there was no oncoming vehicles but dipshit doesn't know what the steering wheel is for.
    2.Supposedly the two Germans in Te Anau crash were on the wrong side of the road
    3.Yank Doctor visiting NZ admits careless driving causing multiple deaths near Nelson.
    All in all a quiet week.

The Blam Blam Blam song about no depression in New Zealand springs to mind.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Hmmm - You would seriously have to ask how this sort of thing could have occurred... There have been so many incidents down there that you would need to think twice about visiting that part of the country during the peak season?? Is the pressure of tourism and time tables just too much for the infrastructure??
    More people die on Auckland area roads than on THAT road ... Perhaps we should sort THAT issue out first ...

Foreign driver deaths amount to 8% of the total fatal deaths on our roads. A lesser number than those Motorcyclists that die on our roads each year. Start a thread about THAT.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    More people die on Auckland area roads than on THAT road ... Perhaps we should sort THAT issue out first ...

I would assume most of them would be Aucklanders though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I would assume most of them would be Aucklanders though?
    I like to hope ...

My only concern is ... the buggers are breeding ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Maybe add it to 90 mile beach and Skippers canyon, no rental cars allowed, I'm sure the tour companies would step up
    Banning rental vehicles from the tourist highlight of the south island ...

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    All in all a quiet week.
    Ok, so how many people have been killed and seriously injured in the last week and how many had absolutely nothing to do with those bloody foreigners you clearly have an issue with? The Karen Rutherford crash was in August last year and you have used the word supposedly re the Te Anau crash to imply something a bit too simplistic. I have no idea about the yank Doctor but if he was in court today I doubt the crash was this week either. Post #33 shows two crashes this week with dead and seriously injured and I am sure if I looked I could find at least another couple of them.

Yes, overseas drivers are an issue on our roads but they pale in to insignificance against locals.

What exactly do you think the Government should do? Testing wouldn't prove a bloody thing. The only solution to stop tourists being involved in crashes is to stop them driving. I am sure that would go down well with all the rednecks but you are kidding yourself if it is ever going to happen.

And then what are they going to do about those bastard motorbike riders?

Thread Information