Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP $100 betting challenge 2017

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

MotoGP $100 betting challenge 2017

This challenge is for bragging rights to see who can use their knowledge to gain financially from this years MotoGP season, the winner will be the person who has gained the most or lost the least from their initial $100 buy in. I might be able to drum up a box or bottle for the winner at the end of the season providing my venture into self employment does not leave me bankrupt.

Basically how it works is each participant will open a TAB account with $100 at the beginning of the season. You do not need to reveal your bets before the race weekend if you don't want to but it will make for interesting debates I'm sure.

Periodically if you could update the thread with your account balance and I'll keep a leaders board going on below this post to track who is doing the best.

Side bets are welcome in the usual form of alcohol delivered humbly to the winner, I can keep track of these also if you wish.

Anyone with some suggestions on how to improve this let me know.

LET THE GAME BEGIN

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Reserved for leader board:

Participants:
    $100 Autech
    $100 EJK
    $100 $Dadpole
    $100 Drew

Balance after round 1
    $100 Drew
    $101.40 Autech
    $90 EJK
    $90 Dadpole

Balance after Round 2
    $100 Drew
    $99.40 Autech
    $70 EJK

Bike
    S1000RR
    I'm so in.

Can I swap out beer for KFC?

I'll also chip in $10 to the winner's choice of beer/ chicken.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Throw me in

Dovi for race 1 (8 to 1)

Pity I cant bet on Lowes crashing out...

PS: Coral Sport betting in the UK have Dovi at 5 to 1 and Lorenzo at 6 to 1
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Throw me in

Dovi for race 1 (8 to 1)

Pity I cant bet on Lowes crashing out...

PS: Coral Sport betting in the UK have Dovi at 5 to 1 and Lorenzo at 6 to 1
    Yeah bit silly of them considering he's been mere seconds off winning the past 3 years. I've gone for a weighted approach betting a few bucks on a few of the guys I think likely to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    77 XL250
    It would make more sense to wait until a few races in before throwing money around, but I feel that would be against the spirit of this wager.

It will be interesting to see how the odds change as practice and qualifying take place. As you may have noticed, I am a total novice at this betting thing.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    It would make more sense to wait until a few races in before throwing money around, but I feel that would be against the spirit of this wager.

It will be interesting to see how the odds change as practice and qualifying take place. As you may have noticed, I am a total novice at this betting thing.
    9 different winners in 10 races last season, or some such. I'm putting names in a hat and watching the weather.
    I'm the worlds worst gambler, if I just pick a winner they win. The moment I place a stake they get struck by lightning or contract Ebola.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Yip yip, I'm down.

Been a stressful couple weeks and haven't gone and made a TAB account yet. I'll do it on the morrow.

Bike
    S1000RR

Yep total novice too. Never gambled in my life since I lost $20 on a Timezone machine when I was in high school.

Seems outright championship winner TAB closes on 26th and Qatar GP bet finishes just before it starts (tomorrow 4am?).

All of this is just for giggles. Plus, like share markets, your decision is only based on information given at that time so nothing to bash about when you find yourself bet on the wrong horse the next day. That's the fun of it I guess?

Bike
    S1000RR
    $10 on Rossi Qatar FTW

I'm hopeful for either Marquez or Rossi this weekend, unless Pedrosa does some awesome riding with soft tyres.

Lorenzo... Well he's a bit of a wildcard and hasn't proven anything on Ducati just yet. So not betting on him.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Why can't we have a more flexible betting system. I would put money on Bautista finishing the season inside the top 10.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Yip yip, I'm down.

Been a stressful couple weeks and haven't gone and made a TAB account yet. I'll do it on the morrow.
    I sold a GN250 rear wheel for $100 which didn't cost me that much. So I feel I've won already lol.

Sweet lets doiiit

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I sold a GN250 rear wheel for $100 which didn't cost me that much. So I feel I've won already lol.
    Brilliant. I have an anchor here (A real anchor - for a boat - not a Harley/Guzzi/BSA) that I will chuck on Tardme. That will mollify the wife when Tito Rabat beats my pick over the finish line every time.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

Sweet lets doiiit

That hardly seems fair to the buyer. I've got no less than three GN250 wheels at the workshop they could have had for free.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That hardly seems fair to the buyer. I've got no less than three GN250 wheels at the workshop they could have had for free.
    They guy turned up, looked at it, I said how much you wanna pay, he goes $100, I go yeah! I was a decent sort though and chucked him the matching front wheel as he left cause I wanted it gone lol.

He building a dope custom Honda CT50 and is going to used the rear wheel from the GN for the front of the moped and another rear on the back, showed me a pic it's a cool looking beast.

Thread Information