Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not A Bike But Need Advice

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    If you get the runaround in Whangas BK, I did, their is a bloke just down the road from me who is a black belt auto sparky.

I sent off my DT starter motor to Bindons and it lasted 3 starts, $100 a start... Clyde, down the road, put in heavy duty brushes and new bearings 4 years ago for $100. It's never missed a beat. I gave him the starter motor on Christmas eve and his daughter returned it the next day. Freshly painted, too.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    My 03 Accord (2.4 so may be different if the OP has a V6) has electric power steering so wouldn't imagine they've gone back to a belt driven pump. Serpentine poly vee belt drives alternator, water pump and power steering
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    some hot-off-the-press advice, don't drive through town today, i dont know who put what in the water supply, but there are some fucken crackhead drivers loose today
    Standard day in Fongers eh Ax?

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    If you get the runaround in Whangas BK, I did, their is a bloke just down the road from me who is a black belt auto sparky.

I sent off my DT starter motor to Bindons and it lasted 3 starts, $100 a start... Clyde, down the road, put in heavy duty brushes and new bearings 4 years ago for $100. It's never missed a beat. I gave him the starter motor on Christmas eve and his daughter returned it the next day. Freshly painted, too.
    Thanks Mark-a bit late mate I have already booked it in to a highly recommended guy in Fongers,just have to make sure I get there OK.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    My 03 Accord (2.4 so may be different if the OP has a V6) has electric power steering so wouldn't imagine they've gone back to a belt driven pump. Serpentine poly vee belt drives alternator, water pump and power steering
    Mine is the same as yours Pete except an 08-with 3 batteries on board,main power wire disconnected from the Alt in case its dragging amps out of the battery due to fault,fingers crossed it dosent rain and the GF following as needs to shop,I think I should be fine.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Chris just unplug the alternator. You going to Autotech?

Edit, just read the above post, you are onto it!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Yep Al,Auto Tech-great outfit but not cheap--Thanks all for the advice fellas,the brogues were not required but only just.The first battery 600amp got me to Kamo where I needed a pee and a battery swap-then whoa Nellie,rush hour in Kamo with massive queues at the first set of lights took me half an hour of stop start driving to reach Auto Tech and battery was flat as on arrival.New alt fitted and I'm on my way albeit without any pension money for the next 3 weeks.Anyhoo thanks again for all the good advice.

Thread Information