Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: licence disappeared when got my photo driver license

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

Ride without a licence, and spend your time worrying about being caught, and not having insurance. At least that'll make you use your mirrors, being paranoid about being followed by cops.
    I am a middle aged white man, fully licenced and insured and I am still paranoid as FUCK about being followed by the filth. I pull over and let them go, always.

hangover from a misspent yoof perhaps?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't seem like a tough choice. Especially now that LAMS bikes mean you can ride bigger bikes.
    It's a tough choice if you bought a big block Harley for your retirement and get told you can't ride it because some dozy bastard stuffed up.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I am a middle aged white man, fully licenced and insured and I am still paranoid as FUCK about being followed by the filth. I pull over and let them go, always.
    The only time I experience paranoia like that is when I overtake a cop, as when he's heading back to the station and he's in no hurry 'cause he might get another job.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r

Nah....not you and your mission spent yoof. .
    Every time you meet a cop it's costing money....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike

Nah....not you and your misspent yoof. .
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    RSVR1000 YZ490J
    Quote Originally Posted by clusker View Post
    Going back years now. I was pulled over and told I needed get a new photo licenses. When my new licenses was issued, my bike licenses was not on it. As not having a bike i didn't worry, but now i am wanting a bike and wondering if any one else has had there licenses disappeared from the system was only a learners and i am now 42 and was 17 when got it is there any chance i still have it....
    I come back from aussie a few years ago, went to get my licence and my full bike is now a learners and the lisence expired a year later, i started asking questions and got brick walls, so fuck them if i get pulled up on a bike they can sort it out then.

Bike
    RSVR1000 YZ490J
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Nah....not you and your misspent yoof. .
    I remember when i worked in welly, i was at the lights at the end of the old motorway tunnel and a bloke on a push bike rode straight through the red and almost caused and accident, there was a cop on the right hand set of lights looking at me so i was like well are you gonna do something, they did, the pulled me up and went right over my bike, made me half and hour late for work. In the old days people looked up to cops, not scared that any little thing may do will cause an expensive ticket.

this made me chuckle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEI_foznXQw

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    ...just bite the bullet, start again, and enjoy riding.

Doesn't seem like a tough choice. Especially now that LAMS bikes mean you can ride bigger bikes.

...Admin errors happen. Sounds like the OP was a victim of one.
    I agree that admin errors do indeed happen. I seem to make several each day.

But this bureaucratic brick wall is a cop-out. Errors can be fixed. I have no doubt that there will be a record of a person's former licence classes somewhere in the system, which would allow for the re-issue of a licence in these cases. It's just a bit of plastic, not the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The "bad luck - who cares" approach is out of order.

Starting over as a Learner is not all sunshine and roses on a LAMS bike. What of those who rely on pillioning, or being out after 10pm? It can be a major inconvenience and loss for some, for something that could be easily fixed.
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    Mine
    Summarising the issue.

Spend years arguing about your licence and not riding.

Ride without a licence, and spend your time worrying about being caught, and not having insurance. At least that'll make you use your mirrors, being paranoid about being followed by cops.

Or just bite the bullet, start again, and enjoy riding.

I only ever met one person who admitted to having gained a Class 6 without having done any testing at all. It arrived when his plastic card was sent out. It arrived with a Class 6 he had never applied for, or had been tested for.

Admin errors happen. Sounds like the OP was a victim of one.
    Yes, they do; I don't have a problem with that. But to come over all "so what, fuck off" is simply not acceptable. It once again shows why officialdom in all its forms has lost the respect of the majority of the public.

Virago is right. There are any number of reasons why going back to a learners is simply not an option.

My answer would be "Well, why the hell did I not get done for no license when I was issued my first speeding ticket over 30 years ago?"
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Bit of a story, kind of relevant to this thread.

A couple of weeks ago, I needed to get my NZ licence renewed because I won't be back for a while and I don't want it to expire and cause problems if and when I return. So, I drove down to the AA centre, and stood in a queue for an hour. Gave up. Went back the next day. Longer queue than the previous day. Of the 50 or so people there, I'm the only middle aged white person both days out of all the customers and staff. Both days. Not bitching, just an observation.

I get to the front of the queue, get told that I need more ID than my drivers licence and passport. Two Indian ladies assured me that this was necessary and started quoting "the law" without being specific about which law (which is something I tend to be a little OCD about). Also, I point out the form says DL and one other form of ID... Not good enough they say in what I think they think is Indlish.

Rather than totally losing it and causing a scene, I decided to follow their process and bring more ID. Besides, I don't need my resting cunt face to be even worse for the photo than it already is.

Okay.

Headed back on the Monday before Anzac day. Put aside the whole day for it, figured it would take a while given the experiences of the previous two visits. I take my NZ DL, my WA DL, my Californian DL, my passport, my birth certificate, three separate utilities accounts across NZ, and Aus. I also took my expired Rarotongan DL for shits and giggles. Did I mention I got notarised copies of each document as well? OCD, much?

Now, granted, I needed to rectify a spelling mistake on my current DL, so I figure 5 legally acceptable forms of ID, and three invoices plus an expired Raro licence might be enough.

I walk in. There's just me and another middle aged white guy in there. I'm better looking than him, but he has a big flash watch, so it's a wash in the eyes of any chicks who might walk in. I walk up to the counter. I ask for the manager because I'm not going to spend hours going around in circles with people who can hardly speak English - and I'm gearing myself up for a bit of conflict... and...

The Asian manager looks at my NZ DL and my passport - and he says. No problem. He picks up the phone, starts to talking to someone in English. Then in some other language that sounded like Klingon, (I assume, it all sounds like Greek to me). He hangs up. Says it's sorted. I do the eye test. And he says. No problem. I still need glasses. And...

I point out that I bought a NZ DL, a WA DL, a Californian licence that I stood in line at the DMV for 32 hours to get and an expired Rarotongan licence, a NZ passport, and an endorsed offical NZ birth certificate... And I mentioned I got notarised copies of each document as well. And he tells me I don't need any of those and asks why on earth would I bring all that? I needed my NZ DL, and one other form of ID, like it says on the form.

Is there an echo in the place? I'm shooting meaningful looks at the two useless Indian women, I was right Beeches! The crowd goes wild! It's a home run! He shoots. He scores!

Then he hands me back to one of the Indian women. Who then spends about 2 minutes too long asking me if I really need the bike licence endorsement. After saying various variations on "yes" I start to lose my cool and explain that I don't give a flying fuck about the car licence, and if it up to me I'd ban all the useless lard asses driving around clogging up perfectly good racetrack material by driving at 20 kilometres less than the fucking speed limit, and I don't care that I'm 20,000 times more likely to die on a motorcycle because I'd rather live a day as a lion, than spend a lifetime being a fucking sheep...

I'm paraphrasing a little, I usually use the word fuck a little more, I might have said it more times than I quoted myself above. Which breaks some of the suggestions of good behaviour in public in the Summary Offences Act.

Anyhow.

They're all looking at me like I thought today was "bring shotgun to work day" or something, and I'm wondering if there are hidden cameras and someone's about to come out and explain this is a joke and all they wanted was too see if there were any bad tempered anachronistic pricks left in the world. Then Asian dude wanders over and says, no problem... Like I'm the fucking problem, and he's worried that I'll cause a scene. A bigger scene. I confirm with him five times that there will be a full motorcycle endorsement on my licence when it arrives... And...

When it arrives, it's perfect. It's got a little motorcycle and a little car. Although the guy in the photo looks devilishly handsome and well hung, he also looks like some old dude. It only took about three days to arrive. Although the printing quality on it is so bad that it looks like I made it on my colour printer... Which makes me look even older. And it's missing the heavy vehicle endorsements, which is weird given I've never sat them, and most truck drivers seem to drive like they've never sat them either... Especially truck number 101 from Gleason and Cox who nearly ran me over a few days ago because he needed get out of the slow lane and into my lane despite him doing 35 kph and me doing a the speed limit* on the fucking motorway.

Spleen vented.

*Speed limit - ish.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Viking has a lot to answer for.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    Bit of a story, kind of relevant to this thread.

A couple of weeks ago, I needed to get my NZ licence renewed because I won't be back for a while and I don't want it to expire and cause problems if and when I return. So, I drove down to the AA centre, and stood in a queue for an hour. Gave up. Went back the next day. Longer queue than the previous day. Of the 50 or so people there, I'm the only middle aged white person both days out of all the customers and staff. Both days. Not bitching, just an observation.

I get to the front of the queue, get told that I need more ID than my drivers licence and passport. Two Indian ladies assured me that this was necessary and started quoting "the law" without being specific about which law (which is something I tend to be a little OCD about). Also, I point out the form says DL and one other form of ID... Not good enough they say in what I think they think is Indlish.

Rather than totally losing it and causing a scene, I decided to follow their process and bring more ID. Besides, I don't need my resting cunt face to be even worse for the photo than it already is.

Okay.

Headed back on the Monday before Anzac day. Put aside the whole day for it, figured it would take a while given the experiences of the previous two visits. I take my NZ DL, my WA DL, my Californian DL, my passport, my birth certificate, three separate utilities accounts across NZ, and Aus. I also took my expired Rarotongan DL for shits and giggles. Did I mention I got notarised copies of each document as well? OCD, much?

Now, granted, I needed to rectify a spelling mistake on my current DL, so I figure 5 legally acceptable forms of ID, and three invoices plus an expired Raro licence might be enough.

I walk in. There's just me and another middle aged white guy in there. I'm better looking than him, but he has a big flash watch, so it's a wash in the eyes of any chicks who might walk in. I walk up to the counter. I ask for the manager because I'm not going to spend hours going around in circles with people who can hardly speak English - and I'm gearing myself up for a bit of conflict... and...

The Asian manager looks at my NZ DL and my passport - and he says. No problem. He picks up the phone, starts to talking to someone in English. Then in some other language that sounded like Klingon, (I assume, it all sounds like Greek to me). He hangs up. Says it's sorted. I do the eye test. And he says. No problem. I still need glasses. And...

I point out that I bought a NZ DL, a WA DL, a Californian licence that I stood in line at the DMV for 32 hours to get and an expired Rarotongan licence, a NZ passport, and an endorsed offical NZ birth certificate... And I mentioned I got notarised copies of each document as well. And he tells me I don't need any of those and asks why on earth would I bring all that? I needed my NZ DL, and one other form of ID, like it says on the form.

Is there an echo in the place? I'm shooting meaningful looks at the two useless Indian women, I was right Beeches! The crowd goes wild! It's a home run! He shoots. He scores!

Then he hands me back to one of the Indian women. Who then spends about 2 minutes too long asking me if I really need the bike licence endorsement. After saying various variations on "yes" I start to lose my cool and explain that I don't give a flying fuck about the car licence, and if it up to me I'd ban all the useless lard asses driving around clogging up perfectly good racetrack material by driving at 20 kilometres less than the fucking speed limit, and I don't care that I'm 20,000 times more likely to die on a motorcycle because I'd rather live a day as a lion, than spend a lifetime being a fucking sheep...

I'm paraphrasing a little, I usually use the word fuck a little more, I might have said it more times than I quoted myself above. Which breaks some of the suggestions of good behaviour in public in the Summary Offences Act.

Anyhow.

They're all looking at me like I thought today was "bring shotgun to work day" or something, and I'm wondering if there are hidden cameras and someone's about to come out and explain this is a joke and all they wanted was too see if there were any bad tempered anachronistic pricks left in the world. Then Asian dude wanders over and says, no problem... Like I'm the fucking problem, and he's worried that I'll cause a scene. A bigger scene. I confirm with him five times that there will be a full motorcycle endorsement on my licence when it arrives... And...

When it arrives, it's perfect. It's got a little motorcycle and a little car. Although the guy in the photo looks devilishly handsome and well hung, he also looks like some old dude. It only took about three days to arrive. Although the printing quality on it is so bad that it looks like I made it on my colour printer... Which makes me look even older. And it's missing the heavy vehicle endorsements, which is weird given I've never sat them, and most truck drivers seem to drive like they've never sat them either... Especially truck number 101 from Gleason and Cox who nearly ran me over a few days ago because he needed get out of the slow lane and into my lane despite him doing 35 kph and me doing a the speed limit* on the fucking motorway.

Spleen vented.

*Speed limit - ish.
    I had the exact opposite experience. A couple of years ago when visiting NZ I took my 4 year expired license to the AA. Waited in line for a couple of minutes, was served by a tasty young honkey chick, paid the money and left. The new license arrived in the mail a week or so later complete with car and mc endorsements. Totally painless.

Bike
    Only time I had fun at aa was when an Asian guy lost the plot after failing his driving test.

He was throwing shit around ,threatening and being abusive to staff....

So I physically removed him of the premises.....
    Had hope for more serious resistance, but he unfortunately didn't make good on his threats to somehow kill me.....

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Only time I had fun at aa was when an Asian guy lost the plot after failing his driving test.

He was throwing shit around ,threatening and being abusive to staff....

So I physically removed him of the premises.....
    Had hope for more serious resistance, but he unfortunately didn't make good on his threats to somehow kill me.....
    Interesting. There is a perception here that Asian people are meek and mild. And yet, I've seen a bunch of them lose the plot lately. Including the guy who pulled a u-turn in front of me at the last possible moment, and despite me doing the favour or not running into him after such a dick move; he totally lost it and was screaming at me, along with his wife... I guess I should have just driven through him or something?

After spending a lot of time working in Asia, I've seen the fiery tempers many, many times...
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    I had the exact opposite experience. A couple of years ago when visiting NZ I took my 4 year expired license to the AA. Waited in line for a couple of minutes, was served by a tasty young honkey chick, paid the money and left. The new license arrived in the mail a week or so later complete with car and mc endorsements. Totally painless.
    Where in NZ did that happen?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    Where in NZ did that happen?
    Wanganui.
    Good service in small places aye...

Thread Information