Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do I need in a Waterblaster?

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    go 11 litres/min
    2500 psi

Flow is king,
    Seperate adjustable bypass 500psi-3000 is good.

Ones fitted with AV (Italian pump) are good.
    Direct drive at 3400 rpm
    or one at 2:1 running at 1800rpm will last forever.
    Ya pays ya money, ya get what ya pay for

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    As someone who uses his waterblaster to clean his bike, I think you're have to be borderline retarded to "blow oil seals" with it. If you're focusing the stream on sealed bearings, oil seals and electronics you are probably not the kind of person who should be handling a waterblaster, or anything mechanical. It's perfectly safe to wash a bike with a waterblaster.
    Hey... don't shoot the messenger. I was only quoting what I have read.

As I said I have used a water blaster on my own bikes without problems.

I had a Karcher and found it very good.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    As someone who uses his waterblaster to clean his bike, I think you're have to be borderline retarded to "blow oil seals" with it. If you're focusing the stream on sealed bearings, oil seals and electronics you are probably not the kind of person who should be handling a waterblaster, or anything mechanical. It's perfectly safe to wash a bike with a waterblaster.
    I agree.
    Ages ago I remember looking at a bike for sale in a car yard, it had been traded in. It looked in pretty nice condition and rode fine when I took it for a blat. Then for some reason while the young keen salesboy was crapping on about what a great deal it was, I took the oil filler bolt off and found the oil had turned all brown and foamy. Bad sign. And really strange on an air-cooled engine! During stern interrogation with threats of water-boarding the sales lad admitted that the motor had oil all over it so they hit it real hard with the steaming hot-water blaster...

Obviously it already had a blown gasket or seal, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out which one...

So, yeah, water blasters are really useful on bikes in good condition, and if you're careful,
    AND if you don't use them to clean off that pesky oil and grease...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Thread dredge.... has anyone used the karcher drain cleaner attachment, is it any good, does it unblock stuff very well....

Are connections intervhangeable between brnds or do they have their own proprietory fittings??? eg will karcher stuff fit on a Ryobi etc.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Thread dredge.... has anyone used the karcher drain cleaner attachment, is it any good, does it unblock stuff very well....

Are connections intervhangeable between brnds or do they have their own proprietory fittings??? eg will karcher stuff fit on a Ryobi etc.....
    i suggest you apply for funding from some university to do some comprehensive research to find the answers to your questions and then post your findings here for all of us on KB who also have the very same un-answered questions

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post

nah just get a fucken drain-unblocking cunt in.

*some* there's only so many threads rated for pressure. so u find much 1/2" bsp.
    fucken score, cos a replacement hose on mine was all liek 200 buck.
    cheapshit waterblaster with hose with same fittings 80 buck. thank-you fucken china cunts.

Thread Information