Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: They won't do that again.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    The story I read was edited to say that the getaway driver has yet to be charged. But the charge was felony murder, not just plain old everyday murder. No idea if there is much of a difference between the two but as she was just a dumb arse getaway driver, she will probably get off comparatively lightly.
    Felony murder doesn't require intent, only that you were there to commit a felony when someone died as a result of the felony.
    Sentence will depend on state. If she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life behind bars she will need a good lawyer and a plea deal.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    a Blue one
    A very pleasing outcome :-)

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Felony murder doesn't require intent, only that you were there to commit a felony when someone died as a result of the felony.
    Sentence will depend on state. If she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life behind bars she will need a good lawyer and a plea deal.

No plea deal - pointless - she can't point the finger at the other crims - they're dead ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    She could say they said they were working late shift as locksmiths and off to play ball
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    No plea deal - pointless - she can't point the finger at the other crims - they're dead ..
    Not unheard of just to lower the cost to the state.

Murder trials and their appeals are expensive. Difficult to appeal a guilty plea.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    They are already trying a dead person ,

Sent from my SC-01G using Tapatalk
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I wondered about Oklahoma and the death penalty, Oklahoma has the highest number of executions in the USA. They use the needle.

Since the manufacturer of the drug they used has banned export to the US of A, the various states are running into trouble finding an appropriate cocktail to use as a replacement. There have been some very painful executions.

Apparently the lady is still locked up but has said, "We got greedy." The team had already burgled the garage but she knew the people had money and there was nice stuff in the house so she took the lads back later in the day for another visit.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There has been a court appearance. The woman pleaded not guilty to three charges of murder in the first degree, one charge of buglary in the first degree and one charge of burglary in the second degree. No plea deal was offered.

The shooter will not face charges.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The shooter will not face charges.
    If this was in NZ he would be charged with multiple counts of murder and funds will be raised for the burglars families. Stuff.co.nz will have "He was a kind hearted sweet boy..." bullshit articles for days.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    If this was in NZ he would be charged with multiple counts of murder and funds will be raised for the burglars families. Stuff.co.nz will have "He was a kind hearted sweet boy..." bullshit articles for days.
    ...there will be an outcry from the boomers about how video games cause violence and that if he'd had the cane at school he wouldn't have shot the people in his house.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    ...there will be an outcry from the boomers about how video games cause violence and that if he'd had the cane at school he wouldn't have shot the people in his house.
    You forgot John Key. Everything will be his and the gubermints fault. Oh wait, it's Bill English now but he's busy making spaghetti pizza..!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    You forgot John Key. Everything will be his and the gubermints fault. Oh wait, it's Bill English now but he's busy making spaghetti pizza..!!
    Hager would be researching the case for his next conspiracy novel.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Just saw this news...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...of-his-actions

If you run over and kill someone under DUI four times over the limit, or rob a dairy with a firearm you get a slap on the wrist. But if you stab some tyres you go to jail for almost two years..?!?! Seriously what the fuck?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Just saw this news...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...of-his-actions

If you run over and kill someone under DUI four times over the limit, or rob a dairy with a firearm you get a slap on the wrist. But if you stab some tyres you go to jail for almost two years..?!?! Seriously what the fuck?
    white guys, huh

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    i see a report from the US that the grandfather of one of the dead burglars claimed it wasn't a fair fight because the occupant had an AR15.

Thread Information