Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They won't do that again.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

They won't do that again.

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    S1000RR
    He's my hero.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    castle law. (a man's home is his castle, you cant be criminally charged for pretty much anything on your property)

shown to reduce incidence of burglary 80%

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    castle law. (a man's home is his castle, you cant be criminally charged for pretty much anything on your property)

shown to reduce incidence of burglary 80%
    *75%

He didn't get the getaway driver....

3/4 though aint bad - especially in the dark.

And he was even gentlemanly enough to give them a verbal warning.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Interesting that they charged the getaway driver with first degree murder.

I find myself not very sympathetic, if you're doing burglary in the USA you surely must know there's a high chance you'll get blown away if caught. I'm pretty sure most Kiwibikers would blast anyone they caught near their bikes.

'Murica

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Awesome...need more of that.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    That surprised me. Some years ago when discussing a then high profile local murder case, a former US Marine long resident in the greater Wellington area, told me that in the US if you kill someone on the way to committing a felony, while committing a felony, or while leaving the scene of a felony, the charge must be murder in the first degree.

Charging the get away driver with three murders because she was party to a felony burglary is taking that to another level though. Had the burglars killed someone in the house yes, but that's not what happened. Certainly interesting.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That surprised me. Some years ago when discussing a then high profile local murder case, a former US Marine long resident in the greater Wellington area, told me that in the US if you kill someone on the way to committing a felony, while committing a felony, or while leaving the scene of a felony, the charge must be murder in the first degree.

Charging the get away driver with three murders because she was party to a felony burglary is taking that to another level though. Had the burglars killed someone in the house yes, but that's not what happened. Certainly interesting.
    Just goes to show the US of A has some fucking weird ideas. Just like how they think they're the most free nation on the gawd dayme planet.
    I'd say manslaughter (or their equivalent) would be a more relevant crime. I mean she put them in the position to die but did not intend it.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Just goes to show the US of A has some fucking weird ideas. Just like how they think they're the most free nation on the gawd dayme planet.
    I'd say manslaughter (or their equivalent) would be a more relevant crime. I mean she put them in the position to die but did not intend it.
    your missing the point. the letter of the legislature stipulates...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I'm actually fine with it.

If you cause Death in the process of committing a crime - what did you think would happen?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The whole American legal system is badly broken but I think that law is fine as is. Your gun goes off accidentally and kills someone while you're robbing a bank? That's murder 1. You kill a pedestraian while making your getaway from the bank robbery? That's murder 1. No problem with any of that.

Her case though is different. We probably won't be able to see how it ends either.

Bike
    A Japper

I find myself not very sympathetic, if you're doing burglary in the USA you surely must know there's a high chance you'll get blown away if caught. I'm pretty sure most Kiwibikers would blast anyone they caught near their bikes.

'Murica

I'm highly lacking in sympathy.

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Awesome...need more of that.

Yep, totally agree.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

I don't think all states have it, but yes, if committing a crime = to felony, then it's on your head, whatever happens.

Not the first time, probably not the last: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/04/ju...uder-shooting/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    The story I read was edited to say that the getaway driver has yet to be charged. But the charge was felony murder, not just plain old everyday murder. No idea if there is much of a difference between the two but as she was just a dumb arse getaway driver, she will probably get off comparatively lightly.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information