Thread: Any MANAWATU riders out there?

Bike
    2012 Aprilia Tuono

Post Any MANAWATU riders out there?

As the title states - are there any riders around this area that would be keen to do a weekly / weekend ride sometime. Palmy isn't exactly what I call a town raging with activities and setting up a regular ride event with some keen people who know some great routes or even just keen to explore would be brilliant.

feel free to email me directly

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sloth View Post
    As the title states - are there any riders around this area that would be keen to do a weekly / weekend ride sometime. Palmy isn't exactly what I call a town raging with activities and setting up a regular ride event with some keen people who know some great routes or even just keen to explore would be brilliant.

i am but my ankle braclet doesn't let me go too far nor does the small tank on my brat/bobber/chopper have a great range, best day is tuesday arvo as they it's dole day and I can afford more jugs when we stop.

Bike
    RSVR1000 YZ490J

im kina in the tu

but alas i dont think they would let me ride the yz on the road

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Think there is a group that coordinates through Facebook, Owl might still be around here to give more detail...
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2015 Zongshen RX3

Yes please

I'm keen

Based in Dannevirke but keen to join in on weekends. Not super quick stuff but happy to explore back roads and unsealed or whatever.
    Its never too late to have a happy childhood!

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sloth View Post

there the blue haze motorcyle club see manawatu motorcycles there great bunch of guys.

guy down the street rocked up to my place month ago never had that before has a Honda blackbird. new to the area.

i always keep to myself . i did belong to motorcyle club in chch way back in the day.

depending on your age there was a group of riders that used to meet up . when we lived next door to the rotory house

oppostie pak n save . since been sold years ago . i dont have a working bike last year or so. but there are people in parmmy.

they must meet up somewhere else unless they still go there . we moved away so am not sure.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i am but my ankle braclet doesn't let me go too far
    Always the Gimp, never the fly.................
    Zeds dead baby.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Think there is a group that coordinates through Facebook, Owl might still be around here to give more detail...
    That was the original reason I joined Facebook, but nothing really happened apart from pictures posted of meals so I dumped it. I know there is still a Manawatu Riders group on there, but not too sure what they do?

Ride mostly on my own now. I find groups rides are often more about the stopping than the riding.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    2015 Zongshen RX3
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Ride mostly on my own now. I find groups rides are often more about the stopping than the riding.
    Longer conversations about coffee, than bikes! My experience of Groups in the big choke, I mean smoke, anyway!

I tried to join Ulysses in Auckland, but lived too far away to get to all the social stuff regularly, also got the feeling couples were more welcome, membership people we're great, but didn't get much change from the cruiser crowd. I got the distinct feeling a 15 year old 650 simply wasn't up to minimum standards.

I'll be making monthly adventure rides spending a night or two at a doc camp site during summer. Low budget, no drama, carry your own gear and food. I'll put up details closer to the time. Let me know if you'd be interested.
    Its never too late to have a happy childhood!

Thread Information