Thread: Looking for a clamp on muffler

Bike
    yamaha srv250 1992

Looking for a clamp on muffler

Hey guys any idea where I can find a short clamp on muffler? Trade me and generic Google searches hasn't yielded and results. I'm andfter something like this.
    https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%...IeI11Q-6-F1L_w

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Mate - that is not a 'muffler' it is a piece of shit USA impersonation of a exhaust that has zero ability to muffler and will look arse and fuck off everyone.

If you really want one of those just pop down to your local NZ muffler shop - it is no better than a exhaust dress-up tip that sells at Supercheap, Repco or any muffler shop.

http://search.supercheapauto.co.nz/s...=muffler%20tip

Bike
    yamaha srv250 1992
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Mate - that is not a 'muffler' it is a piece of shit USA impersonation of a exhaust that has zero ability to muffler and will look arse and fuck off everyone.

If you really want one of those just pop down to your local NZ muffler shop - it is no better than a exhaust dress-up tip that sells at Supercheap, Repco or any muffler shop.

http://search.supercheapauto.co.nz/s...=muffler%20tip
    That's exactly what I'm after thanks mate. My bike is a quiet pos so I'm not worried about annyoung anyone haha. Now the real question is would that pass a wof with that on it?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Depends .....

If you are bolting it on after a cat system it probably won't be stupid loud and be OK.

but if it's a WOF nazi, just because it has changed you'll fail.

Easy answer is next WOF time - bolt on the factory pipe, suffer in the silence while it passes then remove that sucker after the WOF has been issued.

Bike
    yamaha srv250 1992
    Depends .....

If you are bolting it on after a cat system it probably won't be stupid loud and be OK.

Easy answer is next WOF time - bolt on the factory pipe, suffer in the silence while it passes then remove that sucker after the WOF has been issued.
    Yeah that's what I was trying to do originally, the guy who owned the bike before me and started chopping away at it cut the mounts off for the stock muffler. I tried to get a wof today and it was and no go so finding some Hong short that doesn't require mounting other than the clamp is my current Avenue of investigation haha thanks for the info mate.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Depends .....

LAM's motorcycles with engine capacities between 251cc and 660cc – these motorcycles must be in standard form as produced by the manufacturer. They cannot be modified in any way to increase the power-to-weight ratio.

Those under that capacity have no such restriction. It will only fail if it is too loud.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    And a shitty bike will still sound shitty just more so. And people will get pissy as why should they hear that shit? More pressure from public. More rules and enforcement.
    Then we can't get warrants with mildly fruity pipes.
    You're creating the problem.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    And a shitty bike will still sound shitty just more so. And people will get pissy as why should they hear that shit? More pressure from public. More rules and enforcement.
    Im getting sick of the 250 single cylinder brigade that have no baffles and like climbing Aro Valley hill in the middle of the night. Im 5 blocks away and it still bugs me. Surprised the people on the hill are not throwing things at them.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    yamaha srv250 1992
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Calm your tits sir! my bike barely hits 70DB at idle without the muffler and is just shy of 90DB at full tit. I myself despise unnecessarily loud and obnoxious motorcycles and you do have a good point, its these miscreants that get the old peoples public panties in a twist and impose the need for more restrictions. Maybe try making sure that the people who you insist on flaming are among that group before you go jumping to conclusions. I'm just a guy trying to build a bike to take me to uni and back. Thanks for the input though Dave, its always welcome =)

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lukefrompalmy View Post
    Calm your tits sir! my bike barely hits 70DB at idle without the muffler and is just shy of 90DB at full tit. I myself despise unnecessarily loud and obnoxious motorcycles and you do have a good point, its these miscreants that get the old peoples public panties in a twist and impose the need for more restrictions. Maybe try making sure that the people who you insist on flaming are among that group before you go jumping to conclusions. I'm just a guy trying to build a bike to take me to uni and back. Thanks for the input though Dave, its always welcome =)
    Thats going to be because you posted a link to an exhaust tip that has no baffle when talking about replacing your muffler and with that in mind your looking at well over 100DB with any throttle applied or engine braking. You put yourself into the obnoxious noisy boy brigade by default.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Thread Information