Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Proposed Bucket Rule Changes.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Why not ? You know more about the cost of speed than most.

I note that there's no SI input yet - I don't count Husa...

It's been a very long while since there was a 2 stroke at the front down here. Running on the big tracks exposes amateur tuning like nothing else - and it gets expensive too. I can only conclude that the FXR/CBR status quo will remain as I can't see anyone here spending the necessary...And the FXR's are remarkably tolerant of running wide open for long periods.
    fair enough......
    Explains why i only got coal for Xmas too......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I note that there's no SI input yet.
    South Island, I had a chat with Yowling today, it seems they are not keen. Buckets at CHCH tag along with the development class at big bike meetings on the full track and another class would add extra admin work and have Super Buckets running with Standard Buckets. They are not keen.

North Island, Mt Wellington as well as F5 and sidecars they run F4 A B and C grades to make life a little safer on the small cart tracks for the various levels of ability. Similar for the GP and North Island series organizers.

North and South don’t seem keen on another class and the very real extra admin and compliance issues with a standard production class.

Wellington, I am not sure if its still the case, but Wellington used to ran without MNZ involvement so not sure why you would need an official class there for Super Buckets because I guess that without seeking MNZ official blessings Wellington can run what they like, maybe same for PN.

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I was violently opposed to mx engines. I have softened my opinion now but I don't think that the proposed changes are right.
    Me too.

Maybe something like, F4 two stroke engines over 85cc must be derived from non competition ……

Cuts out the admin and compliance issues, and allows for an easy mx85 build for those that want the simplicity of that. With the added benefit of taking away any doubt about the Aprila, Derbi and other easily available after market cylinders. And without the OEM restriction it would allow the tuners a wider range of interesting possibilities.

You may be able to buy a good MX85 engine but my recent experience with a currently class legal and unmodified NSR MC21 cylinder tells me that without a lot of drama, one can quite easily build something better if you have a mind too.

Anyway that is my thoughts.

Bike
    What day of the week?

No I think let those who ride decide.
    Nothing more true than this

Bike
    Norton Manx
    True, and those responsible for organization and compliance too.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Changed my mind and decided for you;

Victa engines for everyone. Must retain the grass catcher.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Team ESE has one of those, pictures later.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    Exercycle

Did you know Phil Irving designed those ?

Got a pic here somewhere of a V16 engine a mad Aussie is building using Victa barrels and joined - up cranks.....

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well. No. I did not.

Race pedigree. I'll have to go put some motul stickers on mine.

Except it went to the dump 15 yes ago after a vicious sledgehammer attack.
    Fucker won't do that again. Or not do that again. Or whatever I was mad about.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    South Island, I had a chat with Yowling today, it seems they are not keen. Buckets at CHCH tag along with the development class at big bike meetings on the full track and another class would add extra admin work and have Super Buckets running with Standard Buckets. They are not keen.

North Island, Mt Wellington as well as F5 and sidecars they run F4 A B and C grades to make life a little safer on the small cart tracks for the various levels of ability. Similar for the GP and North Island series organizers.

North and South don’t seem keen on another class and the very real extra admin and compliance issues with a standard production class.

Wellington, I am not sure if its still the case, but Wellington used to ran without MNZ involvement so not sure why you would need an official class there for Super Buckets because I guess that without seeking MNZ official blessings Wellington can run what they like, maybe same for PN.

Me too.

Maybe something like, F4 two stroke engines over 85cc must be derived from non competition ……

Cuts out the admin and compliance issues, and allows for an easy mx85 build for those that want the simplicity of that. With the added benefit of taking away any doubt about the Aprila, Derbi and other easily available after market cylinders. And without the OEM restriction it would allow the tuners a wider range of interesting p ossibilities.

You may be able to buy a good MX85 engine but my recent experience with a currently class legal and unmodified NSR MC21 cylinder tells me that without a lot of drama, one can quite easily build something better if you have a mind too.

Anyway that is my thoughts.
    I was not actually speaking for everyone down here, I personally dont think the time is right and having a new seperate class will only move racers sideways . I think the new Suzuki class will be problematic enough where are they going to run them, cant see them getting a seperate race , depending on exactly what model the GSX150FDZAL7 actually is, they may well be alot slower than the current buckets.

Is this Gixxer class going to run full track on NI circuits? will they just run them off the back of the Hosung grid , or are they thinking of putting them on a kart track, where they would possibly do best.

The 85's break one of the founding rules in that it allows competition engines into the class, this has worked for nearly 40 years and may be one of the reasons buckets is such a good class.

I realise they have this class in Australia, but they also have snakes and poisonus spiders that we dont want here either.

Ultimatly it isnt really up to MNZ to decide, it comes down to the host clubs , if they dont want it , then it wont happen
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    Yo momma

You should submit it. Apparently anyone can submit anything and get it heard no matter if it makes sense or not.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Doesn't really matter if they are let in or not, they're already there in the guise of an AM6 or Derbi with a 90cc kit. The only difference is that a AM6 or Derbi is pain the arse to get here in NZ, 85 MXers are off the shelf.

Personally I don't understand the backlash to the MX85s these days. Buckets is not what it once was. Bikes are now selling in the 5-10k budget range and the biggest gripe people have about 85mx engines is that they are 'competition'.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    Doesn't really matter if they are let in or not, they're already there in the guise of an AM6 or Derbi with a 90cc kit. The only difference is that a AM6 or Derbi is pain the arse to get here in NZ, 85 MXers are off the shelf.

Personally I don't understand the backlash to the MX85s these days. Buckets is not what it once was. Bikes are now selling in the 5-10k budget range and the biggest gripe people have about 85mx engines is that they are 'competition'.
    Each to his own i guess , but Yeah maybe you are right, Maybe they should just let the tour de france cyclists and all he olympians take steriods as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post

Bikes are now selling in the 5-10k budget range .
    Really?????

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Really?????
    $10k+ for some
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I think you mean advertised for dumb prices, not actually sold for.

Anyone want to buy my $9000 MBRS? A bargain it seems.

I'd be more keen on excluding late model KX and KTM plus having std ignitions and carbs. I think that formula might work with F4 and be easy to police.

But as I said; I should shut the fuck up.

Until 2027 when I make my return.

Then I'll propose all MX engines open mods. . . but they must run on knobbly tyres.

Thread Information