Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2017 Proposed Bucket Rule Changes.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Container from Indonesia or it's a bit pointless.
    Now there's an idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Doubtful - remember the CBR150's had an international series too in which people like Avalon came to notice....But the road versions are perfectly acceptable in F4.
    A GSXR150 bought straight out of that series - probably ineligible. But a bike sold as a road bike ? I see no problems.
    Seeing as it would have been derived from a non competition bike before it was a competion bike it would be perfectly elegible, so what other competition bikes are derived from non competition bikes which you could argue would make them eligible, and what non competition bikes are derived from competion bikes , what came first TF125 or RM125A ?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Now there's an idea...

There is a thread where a guy offered to do that.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...Thailand/page7
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Spoke to a guy on Sunday who had been to somewhere in Asia with the idea of shipping back a bunch of bits while he was there. He basically commented that they don't have wreckers there but keep stuff going forever. I guess shipping back whole bikes could be an option.
    Stock is best

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    Spoke to a guy on Sunday who had been to somewhere in Asia with the idea of shipping back a bunch of bits while he was there. He basically commented that they don't have wreckers there but keep stuff going forever. I guess shipping back whole bikes could be an option.
    I have this vision of opening up a shipping container and there being stacks of fxrs just waiting to be hacked up.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Seeing as it would have been derived from a non competition bike before it was a competion bike it would be perfectly elegible, so what other competition bikes are derived from non competition bikes which you could argue would make them eligible, and what non competition bikes are derived from competion bikes , what came first TF125 or RM125A ?
    You make a good - if convoluted - point. If the TF and RM parts are the same number, no problem. Same criteria across other manufacturers too IMO.

But if a half days run of GSXR150's are pulled off the line, have all the road gear pulled off them and other things changed too. Then are supplied to the organisers of a race series as race bikes.....They're race bikes IMO.
    Or alernatively as the Trump camp would argue, they're factory converted Bucket racers....

Don't ask me to sit on an appeal jury please.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I have this vision of opening up a shipping container and there being stacks of fxrs just waiting to be hacked up.
    A friend wanted to get a speedway small car class going here using bike engines. In the course of his work he was in the Phillipines and discovered that the motor he wanted - a Kawasaki - was manufactured there. He talked to the factory and they were happy to supply him with as many engine/carb/ignition packages as he wanted. A Kawasaki 400 twin 4 stroke engine package for $1200NZ landed here.

Anyone going to Thailand ?

Thread Information