Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Free speech.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    I happen to believe we can expect to NOT be called a fucktard in the process.
    I trust you're aware that the insults are thrown both ways.

A case in point.....

I've lost count of the number of times bogan has called oldrider a 'bigoted old cunt'.

Now oldrider actually comes across as one of the more respectful posters on the site.

Bogan on the other hand is one of the masters of turning a thread into an insult hurling contest until it ends up in PD.

Is that acceptable?

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Hippie! Commie! hippie-commie!!
    maybe
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Its with respect to this point that I think the issue lies. Noone has the right to determine their way of thinking is the right one, no matter how populist or politically correct that thinking may be. In a democracy (sorry, that word again) we exercise freedom of speech and get to make our own minds up, rightly or wrongly, for better or for worse. I happen to believe we can expect to NOT be called a fucktard in the process.
    OK, what about fuckwit anti-vaxxers?

Anyone who does not vaccinate is a fuckwit. They can have their "freedom of speech" but the state should step in and take their children away becuse they are clearly unfit to be parents. They can have their freedom of speech to bleat about it.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I trust you're aware that the insults are thrown both ways.
    I am very aware and its useless and self defeating no matter the source.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    So if the majority get to shout down the minority, who are the intolerant ones?
    Either/or. Why can't a minority be intolerant?
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    YZ 144, monster 800, rs250

Anyone who does not vaccinate is a fuckwit. They can have their "freedom of speech" but the state should step in and take their children away becuse they are clearly unfit to be parents. They can have their freedom of speech to bleat about it.
    Fuck off cunt, the state is not touching my child.
    Who the fuck do you think you are?
    simple question, why did the Soviets modify a air-raid shelter into a gas chamber? what was their intention?

Bike
    R1200GSA

A parent refusing to vaccinate is flying in the face of the overwhelming evidence, absolutely.

I think the state would be more justified in stepping in on more pressing matters than vaccinating or not. Taking a misinformed viewpoint does not an unfit parent make. I would prefer to see a process where the parents have an opportunity to provide evidence as to the risk/harm involved with their child being vaccinated. This is a tough one because in many cases the potential is to impact significantly on public health. I would rather educate and persuade than enforce.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Yeah, I forgot about that one.

Just let anyone dare question the safety of some vaccines and watch the vitriol fly.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I presume you are referring to steve's automatic "Pavlovian" response to criticism against some of his attention-seeking threads? Have you received any of his vitriolic red-rep that confirms his psychological dispositions?
    In fairness to Steve, no I haven't! I have seen plenty of his invective heaped on other's heads though. Much as I'm sorely tempted to occasionally let fly at the usual band of suspects, it's ineffective and generally unsatisfying as Ulsterkiwi has pointed out. For me, it's ultimately more satisfying to respond with a bit of courtesy or just stick someone on ignore. KB is just fine for discussing bikes but for a decent debate, there are better places. Having said all that, Cassina has come the closest to testing my self-control. Over it now though

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    In fairness to Steve, no I haven't! I have seen plenty of his invective heaped on other's heads though.
    Only a select few though.

They're the ones who tend to follow me around.

It's almost like they want it.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Anyone who does not vaccinate is a fuckwit.
    Your ancestors are fuckwits then. Vaccinnes are a fairly recent invention on the human timeline of evolution/creation (take your pic).....
    Your ancestors managed to reproduce without getting cervical cancer from HPV, die of malaria/polia/tetnus.bird flu/pig flu/tyransaurus rex flu/SARS/Reubella/Measles/Chickenpox..........
    One might think there natural immune systems were quite effective having not been tainted by sometimes badly made and destructive modern vaccinnes......

If vaccinnes worked like they supposed to why the hell is the hysteria from parents of vaccinated kids saying their kids will be infected by the unvaccinated kids....
    BTW some vaccinnes administered properaly (eg orally where the immunse system starts inbstead of injected) lime polio are effective non destructive tools and I support them....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Back to topic, the real problem is with the internet people have unrestricted access to information and data that was previously censored or withheld via strong controls on media outlets.
    This threatens the stability of modern govts so they in conjunction with the media have created emotional terms like conspiracy theorist and deniers etc.....
    Throw in a bit of political correctness and you cant say anything without pissign someone off....

I wonder if the hater style posters in here that denounce anything non mainstream are the same when sitting in a bar or pub and overhear somemthing they don't like. that's the problems with forums, you have to hear everything and some people feel the need to respond to everything thinking they are right, meanwhile hundreds of lurkers in the background read and nod quietly in agreement on both sides.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Free speech. Spouting crap.

Not the same and shouldn't be confused with each other.
    I think that’s a bit unfair.
    Yokel and Katman are free to speak their collective mind, it’s just a pity they are echo chambers full of empty arguments.
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Yeah, I forgot about that one.

Just let anyone dare question the safety of some vaccines and watch the vitriol fly.
    yeah, that's free speech in action. Good stuff.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    YZ 144, monster 800, rs250
    So universities are being over run by leftyies.
    That explains the source of that weak minded dribble they come up with.

simple question, why did the Soviets modify a air-raid shelter into a gas chamber? what was their intention?

Thread Information