Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone purchased a bike in Europe while on holiday?

Bike
    Ducati 1198s
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooby View Post
    Hi khabel,

can you please provide info what country are you interested in, or should I say where do you plan to buy and register your bike?

This differs very much from country to country and is not the same for all of the EU countries.

Sorry for the late reply, haven't made a subscription to the thread, which I did this time.

Cheers
    Dooby

Hi, I'll be traveling through most of Western Europe, was planning on starting in London or maybe Paris but I'm happy to start from anywhere really if it makes getting a bike easier

Bike
    ktm 990
    UK or Ireland are the easiest one, and Ireland is easier to sort everything.

More bikes to choose from in the UK, just for the info.

You need address in UK/Ireland where you will be registered. This address will be used to send the vehicle title or in UK it will be V5C2 document (first temporary, and then hard copy one in 2 weeks time). Also this address is used to send all the tickets and fines etc.

If you need help in Ireland we're working with Martin from Motofeirme. He has been reliable provider of bike purchase services.

Let me know if you need any more info from us.

You can reach us directly at : borderinsurance@lobagola.com

Cheers
    Dooby

Bike
    Ducati 1198s
    I assume I need to wait around for the documentation to be delivered before I can use the bike?

Bike
    ktm 990
    Hi,

by documentation you mean your vehicle title or hard copy of the insurance policy, or both?

You can ride your bike with temporary vehicle title, but the hard copy of the policy needs to be in your hands. If you ride using only scan your policy is considered to be an invalid one.

cheers
    Dooby

Bike
    Ducati 1198s
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooby View Post
    Hi,

by documentation you mean your vehicle title or hard copy of the insurance policy, or both?

You can ride your bike with temporary vehicle title, but the hard copy of the policy needs to be in your hands. If you ride using only scan your policy is considered to be an invalid one.

cheers
    Dooby
    I was referring to the vehicle title e.g. If I purchase a bike from a shop, how am I meant to get the bike home if I can't ride it without first having to wait for the title to show up at my house?

Bike
    ktm 990
    Quote Originally Posted by khabel View Post
    I was referring to the vehicle title e.g. If I purchase a bike from a shop, how am I meant to get the bike home if I can't ride it without first having to wait for the title to show up at my house?
    You can put a deposit, we can use last registration to issue the policy. Then send the scan to your email and hard copy to address either with economy express or TNT global tracked shipping.

You need to time everything right if you do not want to waste time, but all in all you have to be preapred to waste a day or two, because of this and that

Let me know if you have any more questions.

In the mean time we have started working with some shippers from NZ that are shipping bikes for their clients to UK. So if you have any questions regarding that part, we're here to reply.

Cheers
    Dooby

Bike
    '06 vfr 800 81 GS550 postie
    Hi Dooby, what would it cost to send my Multistrada from N.Z. to Europe and back, next summer? Can you organise paperwork, insurance etc? You can use my email mwbarrie@hotmail.com if that's easier. Cheers, Matt.
    lucky bastard

Bike
    2013 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by liljegren View Post
    Hi Dooby, what would it cost to send my Multistrada from N.Z. to Europe and back, next summer? Can you organise paperwork, insurance etc? You can use my email mwbarrie@hotmail.com if that's easier. Cheers, Matt.
    Hi Matt,

I have just used http://www.ttandeuropemotorcycleadventures.co.uk/ to ship my bike to London, bike is due to return this week, yay. $3000.00 return.

I'm happy to recommend them, they done exactly what they said they were going to do, very easy to deal with. They only ship the bike and you need someone like Dooby to provide green card insurance.

I also highly recommend doing it, great place to explore on a bike. A multistrada would be a good choice of bike as well.
    I want to go back, happy to share my learnings if you have any questions.

Cheers

Bike
    ktm 990
    Quote Originally Posted by liljegren View Post
    Hi Matt,

We're working together with Daniel at http://www.ttandeuropemotorcycleadventures.co.uk/

As Gonzo has already mentioned them, we can't say enough about their level of service.

Been accepting clients from NZ and AUS in cooperation with Daniel since 2015.

If you need any more info please let me know.

Cheers
    Dooby

Bike
    ktm 990
    Bumping the thread if anyone needs help on how to buy, store and insure bike in Europe.

We're one stop shop supporting the global over landing community on motorcycles, 4x4 and expedition vehicles.

Important news is TET, www.transeurotrail.org , network of more then 40 000 km of non paved roads and paths across Europe, Balkans and soon to be Turkey. We're one of the founders, so if you need help on planning your ride in Europe off the road just send us an email.

Real off roading in Europe starts in Croatia, and expands across Balkans till Turkey.

Please join the forum here and acquire info or post questions:

http://transeurotrail.org/forum/index.php

Also facebook group is very active, and there is vast of current road info in there.

Cheers
    Dooby

Thread Information