Thread: Greg power's old bike

Bike
    GT 125 1974

Greg power's old bike

Looking to get into motorcycling, I ride my brothers 50cc scooter around town but thats it for now. However under my house is an old 1972 250cc Ossa trials bike which my dad owned when he was about 17. He bought the bike off of Greg Power but hasn't ridden it for 20+ years, the bike is in a poor state and I want to get it running and road worthy. There is loose connections and stuff, I don't know much about bikes or how to fix em.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    A trials bike is in effect a race bike and would be very hard to get road registered I would imagine.

buy a cheap shitter to ride around on, and spend the big money restoring the OSSA. Then buy a car and trailer and compete in classic twinshock trials on it. i.e. use it for what it was built for.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    A trials bike is in effect a race bike and would be very hard to get road registered I would imagine.

buy a cheap shitter to ride around on, and spend the big money restoring the OSSA. Then buy a car and trailer and compete in classic twinshock trials on it. i.e. use it for what it was built for.
    Would have come with lights and speedo, but that was a bit of a nod to euro regs, where they often had to cross roads to get to sections. Don't think any would have been registered here.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

A trials bike of that era would've been road legal and should've been issued with a plate. As you could get a daytime WoF, many trials and enduro bikes were exempt for indicators...just had a look, and the Ossa is not on that list. Greg Power was a top trials rider in those day, then he went into enduros, and came back to trials in the early '80's.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    totally fucked oi. i'll give you five buck and a bag of chips for it.

Plonker....
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Thread Information