• >1201

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the RRP of your phone/device/smartphone/cellphone fucken thing

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    But hey its ok to blow $100s a week on smokes or piss your savings away against a wall.....
    thanks, that was going to be my next question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I still like removable batteries (S4 is on it's 3rd), so I wouldn't mind an LG V20...
    every blackberry evar (pre amazon buyout) and every nokia evar (pre M$ buyout)

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I bought my own ph, cost over $1000. Why? Because I can, because I wanted to, because I don't care what anyone thinks about how I spend my money.
    whaddidya get?

would hove thought most of these new things are too bulky to use with one hand?

or are you a gadget man

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    every blackberry evar (pre amazon buyout) and every nokia evar (pre M$ buyout)
    I had a Bold 9000 and Bold 9750 from memory, coupled with BES they were awesome. Still have a soft spot for the Berries and the practical keyboards. As business tools they were brilliant, but the app support for Android is hard to beat. Wifi Analysers, Network Tools, apps for setting up / controlling hardware etc. Even have an app for dumping my calls to my calendar for invoicing purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I had a Bold 9000 and Bold 9750 from memory, coupled with BES they were awesome. Still have a soft spot for the Berries and the practical keyboards. As business tools they were brilliant, but the app support for Android is hard to beat. Wifi Analysers, Network Tools, apps for setting up / controlling hardware etc. Even have an app for dumping my calls to my calendar for invoicing purposes.
    decoupled from BES they were better.
    New ones (OS10, the z10, 30, q5, 10, 20, passport) have some kind of andriod implementation. mostly works by all accounts.

they also have a full c lib and python implementation, meaning you can run your ass a web server in your pocket or do.... well, fucken anything.

-edit-, oh, and qt.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    This thread raises a good point, are hipster fuckwits who care too much about their image moving away from the latest iPhones to the obscure older shit?

Nexus 5 for me, it has the hardware config I wanted (NFC, Wireless charging and a good size), at a price I could easily afford. Not tempted by any of the new offerings, it's a massive credit to cellphone marketers worldwide that they manage to keep consumer turnover of phones so high tbh.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Massive piss take as I know the little Chinese boy that puts them together would barely see 10cents of that.
    Before he threw himself off the factory roof to his death?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    it's a massive credit to cellphone marketers worldwide that they manage to keep consumer turnover of phones so high tbh.
    i always fucken wonder. i'm big on anti-consumerism and anti-consumption and anti-jew shit, (incase you weren't picking up on that vibe)
    yet fucken week on week there's a new feature you, like, tots gotta have cos you can pxt to facebook 4ms faster than EVAR BEFORE!!

if a non-consumable product isn't going to last at least 20 years, i struggle to part with my dole cheque for it. even with the "advances" in tech, i run my shit for 7+ years. i have a drawer full of nokias that still work. (and still have 3 bars of battery) anyone remember having to hit 7 four times for an "s"?

and it's not only townies, i know farmers... like, actual human beings doing useful shit all day, that are always on the latest upgrade. :tsktsk:

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    and it's not only townies, i know farmers... like, actual human beings doing useful shit all day, that are always on the latest upgrade. :tsktsk:
    It's probably cos their positive contributions to society earn them money they can spend on whatever the fuck they want.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    It's probably cos their positive contributions to society earn them money they can spend on whatever the fuck they want.
    yawn .

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Before he threw himself off the factory roof to his death?
    Yeah apparently his parents threw his sister down a well cause she was a girl so he had the whole burden to support Mum n Dad.
    Sadly this isn't too far from the truth during the 1 baby years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    I'm on a company iphone and laptop but soon will be starting my own business so will need to buy my first phone in 6 years or so. Went to the mall the other day and nearly cried at the fact the base iphones and Samsungs are now 1200 rather than the 1k I was expecting.
    Massive piss take as I know the little Chinese boy that puts them together would barely see 10cents of that.

Any suggestions on a good place to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe try "parallel imports"
    flashg

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Managed to score all my iPhones from work, I would find it hard to justify spending four figures on a phone, although I do have my entire life organised on it and its generally my go to device over latops and iPad. I still have a few older iphones - still going strong - one has a backup of my current phone exactly as it is just in case. I´ve never had a device last as long as my iPad or iPhone. So purchase price divided by productive years of use, minus frustration of migrating to a new OS = not so expensive after all. I hardly ever make voice calls, usually whats app voice messages, texts or email.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    GSXR1000
    whaddidya get?

would hove thought most of these new things are too bulky to use with one hand?

or are you a gadget man
    Iphone 6s. Any bigger and it would be a nuisance to use with one hand. I attract too much attention already using only one arm for everything (with my paralysed arm I mostly keep my hand in my pocket so it looks like I'm being casual/lazy/etc) so using a gadget would just draw more attention.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Iphone 6s. Any bigger and it would be a nuisance to use with one hand. I attract too much attention already using only one arm for everything (with my paralysed arm I mostly keep my hand in my pocket so it looks like I'm being casual/lazy/etc) so using a gadget would just draw more attention.
    Yeah people stare too much I'd imagine, wankers.
    Iphones are all designed to be held in the hand and used with the thumb, only old farts hold them in one hand and use their other hand to type.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    ... only old farts hold them in one hand and use their other hand to type.
    Just remember that one day you'll be an old fart using both hands to manipulate his device while wearing his reading glasses to see it properly...

Thread Information