View Poll Results: RRP

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • <100

    2 10.00%
  • 101-300

    6 30.00%
  • 301-500

    4 20.00%
  • 501-700

    0 0%
  • 701-900

    2 10.00%
  • 901-1100

    1 5.00%
  • 1101-1200

    5 25.00%
  • >1201

    0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 59 of 59

Thread: What's the RRP of your phone/device/smartphone/cellphone fucken thing

  1. #46
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Just remember that one day you'll be an old fart using both hands to manipulate his device while wearing his reading glasses to see it properly...
    Haha. Already got the glasses (had them since 8, though short sighted so should stay that way).

    When I'm an old fart I'll have a chip in my head which reads my thoughts and can use that to text, google maps etc. Either that or I'll be in a cave after the nuclear war Trumps about to start with Kim Jong sends us back to the stone age.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    19th January 2013 - 16:56
    Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Location
    The Isthmus
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Haha. Already got the glasses (had them since 8, though short sighted so should stay that way).

    When I'm an old fart I'll have a chip in my head which reads my thoughts and can use that to text, google maps etc. Either that or I'll be in a cave after the nuclear war Trumps about to start with Kim Jong sends us back to the stone age.
    At least you'll have a chip in the head rather than the shoulder...

    not sure I'd like that, never being able to have my thoughts to myself, 'cause I reckon they'd want to read my mind... which could be a bloody boring read...

    As for the other...

  3. #48
    Join Date
    6th May 2012 - 10:41
    Bike
    invisibike
    Location
    pulling a sick mono
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Iphone 6s. Any bigger and it would be a nuisance to use with one hand. I attract too much attention already using only one arm for everything (with my paralysed arm I mostly keep my hand in my pocket so it looks like I'm being casual/lazy/etc) so using a gadget would just draw more attention.
    i was having an discussion the day other with some nerdy cunts about how qwerty is irrelevant because we don't use typewriters anymore, (even having keys laid out in a running bond isn't optimal), and it is stupid enough to keep making keyboards thus, but now that all niggaz by typing with their thumbs it's a real "lolwut?" why the fuck you'd have qwerty vkb on a fucken phone is beyond me entirely.


    anyway, the point of that awesome story was that some cunt has dev'd left and right single-handed /single-thumbed keyboards for some touchscreen devices. cant remember which phones/os/app. probably in dvorak.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    1st November 2005 - 08:18
    Bike
    F-117.
    Location
    Banana Republic of NZ
    Posts
    6,965
    Autech, try Parallel Imported.
    Another option is Digi Imports. Got my last phone from them.


    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    This thread raises a good point, are hipster fuckwits who care too much about their image moving away from the latest iPhones to the obscure older shit?
    Fat chance. iFelches are for those who wish to be seen posing and who also want to support a criminal company that makes the Mafia look sloppy at tax evasion.
    TOP QUOTE: “The problem with socialism is that sooner or later you run out of other people’s money.”

  5. #50
    Join Date
    25th October 2002 - 17:30
    Bike
    GSXR1000
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,324
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Yeah people stare too much I'd imagine, wankers.
    It's human nature I guess, but it is uncomfortable. It's worse when I'm with my bike, complete strangers approach me, even to the point of sitting down at my table when I'm out having lunch etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    i was having an discussion the day other with some nerdy cunts about how qwerty is irrelevant because we don't use typewriters anymore, (even having keys laid out in a running bond isn't optimal), and it is stupid enough to keep making keyboards thus, but now that all niggaz by typing with their thumbs it's a real "lolwut?" why the fuck you'd have qwerty vkb on a fucken phone is beyond me entirely.


    anyway, the point of that awesome story was that some cunt has dev'd left and right single-handed /single-thumbed keyboards for some touchscreen devices. cant remember which phones/os/app. probably in dvorak.
    Qwerty is fine in portrait mode for me, landscape it's fucking useless. I don't know anyone who types in landscape on their ph, it just looks awkward.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/signaturepics/sigpic31_1.gif

  6. #51
    Join Date
    25th October 2002 - 17:30
    Bike
    GSXR1000
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,324
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post


    Fat chance. iFelches are for those who wish to be seen posing and who also want to support a criminal company that makes the Mafia look sloppy at tax evasion.
    Oh god....... How old are you?
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 13th April 2017 at 12:40.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/signaturepics/sigpic31_1.gif

  7. #52
    Join Date
    31st March 2005 - 02:18
    Bike
    CB919, R1200GSA
    Location
    East Aucks
    Posts
    10,128
    Blog Entries
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Autech, try Parallel Imported.
    Another option is Digi Imports. Got my last phone from them.
    Expert Infotech (einfo.co.nz) is another on the shore. At least they have a branch, can contact them etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    6th May 2012 - 10:41
    Bike
    invisibike
    Location
    pulling a sick mono
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post




    Qwerty is fine in portrait mode for me, landscape it's fucking useless. I don't know anyone who types in landscape on their ph, it just looks awkward.
    thank the n97

  9. #54
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,698
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    iFelches are for those who wish to be seen posing and who also want to support a criminal company that makes the Mafia look sloppy at tax evasion.
    Leaving aside the criminal component 'cause I don't know what you are referring to; the tax evasion thing is not all it appears. The NZ media love to misreport that because it gives them a story. A crap story but a story. If you do business in mutiple countries it's not normal pay full tax in every country. You pay tax on your earnings at home and probably a withholding tax in any other countries.

    Exporters will know the full story but the papers don't, and nor do some politicians.

    iPhones are pretty universal now, even Govt Departments hand them out to staff. They probably pay a very different price to what we would pay though.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  10. #55
    Join Date
    13th July 2011 - 14:47
    Bike
    A Japper
    Location
    In the moment
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Leaving aside the criminal component 'cause I don't know what you are referring to; the tax evasion thing is not all it appears. The NZ media love to misreport that because it gives them a story. A crap story but a story. If you do business in mutiple countries it's not normal pay full tax in every country. You pay tax on your earnings at home and probably a withholding tax in any other countries.

    Exporters will know the full story but the papers don't, and nor do some politicians.

    Tax Justice explanation of Apple's tax situation:http://www.taxjusticeblog.org/archiv...port_revea.php

  11. #56
    Join Date
    6th May 2012 - 10:41
    Bike
    invisibike
    Location
    pulling a sick mono
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    4
    and in case anyone wondered how much of an iPhone RRP is marketing and software licensing...

    it costs about $200 in materials, and time, labour, shipping etc, to get it to the shop you bought it at.

    just sayin'

  12. #57
    Join Date
    1st November 2005 - 08:18
    Bike
    F-117.
    Location
    Banana Republic of NZ
    Posts
    6,965
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Oh god....... How old are you?
    Easier than shooting fish in a barrel here...
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    iPhones are pretty universal now, even Govt Departments hand them out to staff. They probably pay a very different price to what we would pay though.
    Yup. My compter-fixer mate laughs each time he enters a certain supplier.
    Recons that he is greeted and his feet kissed by the manager each and every time he is there. "Can you give me a price for 25 ipads and 50 iphones please?" and watches the salesman's eyes bulge out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    and in case anyone wondered how much of an iPhone RRP is marketing and software licensing...

    it costs about $200 in materials, and time, labour, shipping etc, to get it to the shop you bought it at.

    just sayin'
    So, I guess that means the jew-gold company uses its jew-gold phones to check how much jew-golds are in their account. A jew-gold account, obviously.
    TOP QUOTE: “The problem with socialism is that sooner or later you run out of other people’s money.”

  13. #58
    Join Date
    31st March 2005 - 02:18
    Bike
    CB919, R1200GSA
    Location
    East Aucks
    Posts
    10,128
    Blog Entries
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Yup. My compter-fixer mate laughs each time he enters a certain supplier.
    Recons that he is greeted and his feet kissed by the manager each and every time he is there. "Can you give me a price for 25 ipads and 50 iphones please?" and watches the salesman's eyes bulge out...
    I've never seen a shorter life in a device than when you deploy them to staff. Easy come... easy go. Car doors and broken screens from drops
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    25th October 2002 - 17:30
    Bike
    GSXR1000
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,324
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Easier than shooting fish in a barrel here...
    And that answers my question.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/signaturepics/sigpic31_1.gif

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •