Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha NZ parts debacle

Bike
    R100GSPD
    i had no problem getting parts for my 1989 bmw r100gs with a pd kit.bought some online and some through both motrad and moto mart in welly.Getting parts for my 1990 bmw car was similar.In fact getting oil and a filter from the BMW dealer was the most an easy way way of getting the proper oil in the correct quantity.I did get some "looks" walking in with two used oil containers and asking for 6 liters of oil and an oil filter for a 1990 535i please

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    I have had to get a few items ex Japan through the local Yamaha dealer. They were pretty common items like gaskets which I would have thought would have been in stock for a bike that they have sold a crap load of lately (mt07).
    I do believe they upgraded their computer network that was giving them a real headache and meant theu were having trouble ordering and keeping track of what was ordered.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    It would be interesting to know how many other parts are common between BMW cars and bikes. I would imagine many screws and bolts would be.
    You really come up with some strange stuff!

Bike
    2004ZX6R
    Talk about slow, I ordered a part for my ZX6 R from hamilton motorcycles 2 wks ago, they said yes they have it in akld, as of Friday just gone it still hasn't arrived, I could have walked up and got it by now

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WNJ View Post
    Talk about slow, I ordered a part for my ZX6 R from hamilton motorcycles 2 wks ago, they said yes they have it in akld, as of Friday just gone it still hasn't arrived, I could have walked up and got it by now
    To be fair Auckland though a storm was coming so shut down for a week ......

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    It would be interesting to know how many other parts are common between BMW cars and bikes. I would imagine many screws and bolts would be.
    An you lot STILL allow her to post.Fucking unbelieveable!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Sad to hear it's gone that way, have previously bought quite a few parts through the local yamaha dealers, usually here in a couple of days and about the same price as buying online.

Sounds like they're as bad as suzuki dealers now....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    i just cant understand why there isnt a Yamaha Dealer in wellington or the Hutt Valley.I know about the Upper Hutt one.Any time i have been there there wasnt a road bike in sight
    that's because yamaha not too many years ago appointed five dealers south of masterton and kapiti, and spread too thin and most walked away

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    Ordered a part through a local Honda dealer & was told there wasn't any in the country & a 2 week wait to get from Japan, just under 3 weeks later it was there.
    That's how it's been since Adam was in nappies. You ask for a part. If it is in NZ it arrives within a few days. Otherwise, sorry it may take up to 2 weeks from Japan/wherever. And it does take no more than a week or two.

I have been stunned over the years by the unusual parts I've needed that always turned up within days or 2 weeks top. That's why this delay is pissing me off. It's not like the parts are out of production or out of stock, nope just the Distributor refusing to provide the most basic of services an automotive importer is expected to do. Bring in parts and sell them. Not rocket science. Tends to be how most businesses make money. Oh hang on, that's right they ask for cash payment when ordering a part. Funny that, never had to do that with my other bikes I've owned over decades.

I can't understand why the collective Dealers nationwide aren't outside Yamaha NZ with pitch forks and flaming torches.

I did ring a Yammy Dealer in Oz but it's a case of pay us, order it and we will despatch it when it arrives. Not prepared to fall for that twice.

As I mentioned I really like the Yamaha screen, I don't blame the shop so buying online alternatives is not an option for now. Funny when I was first told there is a delay at H.O. I said, no worries just want it before winter. Guess it's my fault for not specify winter of 2017.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Bought Suzuki parts through Colemans recently (twice). Ex Japan, here in under two weeks and comparable if not under online pricing.
    i'll back that up, i just brought a genuine ignition coil for a gs1000, cheaper than alphasports and no freight, and i support a kiwi business with staff too.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post

I can't understand why the collective Dealers nationwide aren't outside Yamaha NZ with pitch forks and flaming torches.
    they're all at gay bars.

Bike
    Blog Entries

They are quite powerless - pis off the importer and watch what happens.

Great product is only as good as it's support.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Why would they? When they've got customers like you, what's the motivation? You've paid up front and don't want to ask for a refund. Talk with your wallet, take your business elsewhere.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    I recently rebuilt a DRZ250 motor from top to bottom. I was impressed by the helpfulness of Avon City Suzuki. The prices were high, but fair, and I would have saved little shopping overseas. Parts that came from overseas did take an acceptable 2 weeks. The only surprise was the gasket set. I had to wait for an overseas production run! I was suprised that was not a not a commonly stocked item.

Bike
    RD350LC
    Yep ak dealer told me bushes ex Australia could take 2 days or 2 weeks due to computer changes somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thread Information