Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha NZ parts debacle

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I did not know oil drain plugs were compatible did you? So if one thing is maybe others are too.
    It's nothing special - it's a bolt. Period. Any bolt the same size/thread would do. Probably compatible with a hundred different vehicles.

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10
    I got a similar response and no remorse or apology when I phoned Yamaha. My new bike was sitting in their warehouse for a good couple of weeks whilst they were trying to sort out their shit.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    I got a similar response and no remorse or apology when I phoned Yamaha. My new bike was sitting in their warehouse for a good couple of weeks whilst they were trying to sort out their shit.
    The dealers must be tearing their hair out. Yamaha is on a roll with some really nice product, good pricing, now let down in NZ by a software upgrade?

Modern times, modern problems I guess.

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10
    Yeah the dealer was a champion about it, they were contemplating sending a formal complaint through to the big wigs

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    The dealers must be tearing their hair out. Yamaha is on a roll with some really nice product, good pricing, now let down in NZ by a software upgrade?

Modern times, modern problems I guess.
    my electrical wholesaler upgraded to a downgrade effectively, straight away they put a parrallel site up while it was sorted, why can't they just do that?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    my electrical wholesaler upgraded to a downgrade effectively, straight away they put a parrallel site up while it was sorted, why can't they just do that?
    They can of course - but motorcyclists tend not to need their bikes to earn a living.....and are nowhere near as foulmouthed and obnoxious as electricians....
    Who do need the bits to earn a living - and have alternative wholesalers to go to.

And of course yamaha NZ is just another state to the Aussie owners - and one they don't particularly like.

Apologies of course to all the electricians I've worked with who were as nice as one could wish....LOL

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    I was impressed by the helpfulness of Avon City Suzuki. .
    One guy in particular there is quite good, I've found a couple of others there a bit hit and miss

I now have my own parts book and normally order using the part number from that after one of the guys there not paying attention
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

I now have my own parts book and normally order using the part number from that after one of the guys there not paying attention
    been doing that for years, and do by email as it's done at night when i can get it right, and saves me making two trips to the bike shops.
    the parts books are overseas so it's bonus that i get to see the pricing makes it worth buying here too,

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    been doing that for years, and do by email as it's done at night when i can get it right, and saves me making two trips to the bike shops.
    the parts books are overseas so it's bonus that i get to see the pricing makes it worth buying here too,
    I did it because the model RMX I have apparently wasn't a NZ version, so anytime I asked for parts even after telling them the model number the wrong bits would turn up
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I rung the shop today to ask for my money back and lo and behold Yamaha NZ have supposedly started trickling parts out the door. My windscreen arrived today so that's all sweet. Still couldn't find a better looking alternative on da web anyway.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    I was suprised that was not a not a commonly stocked item.
    but clearly it was, that's why they sold them all and had to get more made....

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    When I started riding, I occasionally needed parts for my Hyosung GV250 (clutch levels most often but oil filters too).

They told me they had 95% of parts in stock and the parts were always at the local Hyosung dealer in Tauranga the next morning.

Haven't had too bad a run with Holeshot Suzuki in Takapuna either.
    There are two songs, "Stairway to Heaven" and "Highway to Hell" which I think give an indication of expected traffic flow

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    When I started riding, I occasionally needed parts for my Hyosung GV250 (clutch levels most often but oil filters too).

They told me they had 95% of parts in stock and the parts were always at the local Hyosung dealer in Tauranga the next morning.

Haven't had too bad a run with Holeshot Suzuki in Takapuna either.
    to be fair they don't have an extensive model range going back sixty years though do they?

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    When drive belt on my Harley broke a while ago....(broken down in south island)
    Rolling thunder did not only not have one in Stock,
    They informed me there was not a single one in the country.!
    (Through HD dealerships )......
    I found this so piss poor that I decided to give Harleys a mis ,
    And consequently sold mine.
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    When drive belt on my Harley broke a while ago....(broken down in south island)
    you probably didn't notice the lack of power for several minutes either.

Thread Information