Thread: Hyosung GT250R loss of revs and power

Bike
    2010 Hyosung gt250r

Hyosung GT250R loss of revs and power

So i bought a 2010 hysoung gt250r about a month a go and was going on my first decent ride on it. I had been riding for about 2 hours and it was running fine the entire time, no problems at all. I had to stop at one point for some cows on the road so the bike was sitting, idling for a couple of minutes. When i went to take of again it was a struggle to get going in first gear (had to run it at over 4k rmp ish) and then couldn't gain revs once it was going and would only reach about 4000 rpm at full throttle.

When the bike is in neutral it can rev normally and idles well but still struggles to take off a couple days later. Im thinking it may be an issue to do with the fuel injector or the fuel lines?

Plzzzz help

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Fucking Dairy farmers are destroying NZ's rural environment, not content with ruining the waterways they are now apparently targeting motorcyclists.

It's udderly deplorable what is going on - farmers pulling our teats while the politicians just sit there chewing their cuds.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    thread has potential. but no need to milk it, and you didn't really help the OP which is o-fence-ive.

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by tillondaylor View Post
    So i bought a 2010 hysoung gt250r about a month a go and was going on my first decent ride on it. I had been riding for about 2 hours and it was running fine the entire time, no problems at all. I had to stop at one point for some cows on the road so the bike was sitting, idling for a couple of minutes. When i went to take of again it was a struggle to get going in first gear (had to run it at over 4k rmp ish) and then couldn't gain revs once it was going and would only reach about 4000 rpm at full throttle.

When the bike is in neutral it can rev normally and idles well but still struggles to take off a couple days later. Im thinking it may be an issue to do with the fuel injector or the fuel lines in general??

Plzzzz help

I'm not sure what's wrong with your 'bike but be warned that a member named Cassina may provide information (and I use that term loosely) on it and other matters related to motorcycling. Do not, under any circumstances, act on it.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
    I'm not sure what's wrong with your 'bike but be warned that a member named Cassina may provide information (and I use that term loosely) on it and other matters related to motorcycling. Do not, under any circumstances, act on it.
    information?? nah it's a load of bull.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I still blame the cows - possibly the methane from their farting was ingested into your engine causing it to run really lean for a moment and burn out a valve or two ..... bloody cows.

I don't see the relationship between the 2 minutes idling and the issue. Unless two was actually a lot longer and you have overheated the engine.

Manual choke on it? (presuming not but hey it's a Hyo-bag) if so have you bumped it on?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    am i the only cunt thinking clutch

Bike
    ducati 900ss f650
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    am i the only cunt thinking clutch
    Yes just you

Bike
    2010 Hyosung gt250r
    No it doesnt have a choke, im pretty sure. How could it be a problem with the clutch if i cant get any revs? the clutch is sticking? it still revs fine in neutral though??
    im going to take it into the shop tomorrow to see what they think

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tillondaylor View Post
    No it doesnt have a choke, im pretty sure. How could it be a problem with the clutch if i cant get any revs? the clutch is sticking? it still revs fine in neutral though??
    im going to take it into the shop tomorrow to see what they think
    Cooked the clutch and it's slipping. Possibility - revs with limited forward movement.

Thread Information