Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For the kind motorbikers in Auckland, please read this. I need your help

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I must try this angle on a helicopter forum, Im quite fond of them too.
    i thought you would be rich enough to have your own one

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Op well that didnt go well, is there a bike hire place in Mumbai i mean Auckland, nobody on here will loan their bike to a friend let alone a stranger

Bike
    2015, Yamaha R3
    You have money, but not much. Is $110 for one day, not much?

You can rent a sweet Ninja 250 for that.. Add like $20 and you get gear.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    all you bastards in auckland are obviously assholes, what the hell is wrong with you people, the guy is desperate for a ride and you won't even lend him your bike for a couple of hours, i mean what is wrong with loaning your pride and joy to someone you know absolutely nothing about for a couple of hours so that he can go for a quiet pootle around the countryside, i bet he would promise to look after it and not thrash the ass off it.

c-mon guys play nice
    Yeah ... I mean, what's the worst that could happen...?
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Yeah ... I mean, what's the worst that could happen...?
    Trump could start WW3? Sorry wrong thread.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    None

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    all you bastards in auckland are obviously assholes, what the hell is wrong with you people, the guy is desperate for a ride and you won't even lend him your bike for a couple of hours, i mean what is wrong with loaning your pride and joy to someone you know absolutely nothing about for a couple of hours so that he can go for a quiet pootle around the countryside, i bet he would promise to look after it and not thrash the ass off it.

c-mon guys play nice
    Hello, based on one response on this I'm not sure if you're entirely being serious. If you are, thanks.

I understand that people would naturally feel overprotective over their motorbikes. I did not have high hopes. It was worth a try. Everyone has a little trust in strangers. For instance, when you're riding a motorbike or a car you would trust that a person wouldn't swerve or open their door to knock you off.

It was interesting to see some pictures guys posted... Some might have at me.

Where I live, people often mention this quote: "shy bairns get nowt" if they don't ask. At least I tried. Perhaps a kind person will give him a ride one day.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by assoc4 View Post
    Hello, based on one response on this I'm not sure if you're entirely being serious. If you are, thanks.

I understand that people would naturally feel overprotective over their motorbikes. I did not have high hopes. It was worth a try. Everyone has a little trust in strangers. For instance, when you're riding a motorbike or a car you would trust that a person wouldn't swerve or open their door to knock you off.

Where I live, people often mention this quote: "shy bairns get nowt" if they don't ask. At least I tried. Perhaps a kind person will give him a ride one day.
    What's over protective about not lending your stuff to a broke random stranger?
    Maybe a kind, stupid, lottery winner will give him a ride.
    As has been mentioned on here, why don't you rent one for him.
    The problem with lending something valuable & damagaeable to someone that you have already said has no money, is that the risk is all the lenders.
    Also, on the topic of being a fulltime student, my wife is doing a degree while holding down a 40 hour a week job, this allows her a fine motorcycle of her own, he may even wish to buy it. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...?id=1300808605 maybe you could suggest that angle to him?

Bike
    Mine
    Everyone has a little trust in strangers. For instance, when you're riding a motorbike or a car you would trust that a person wouldn't swerve or open their door to knock you off.
    Recipe for disaster right there. When you're out riding, trust NO ONE!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

Expecting someone to commit to this request on the internet is extremely unrealistic. Maybe you should try asking someone that you know or someone that your son knows. There is no way I would consider this proposal without meeting someone so i could make a judgement call on them. And yes, everyone would make a judgement call before sending a stranger away with their property!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10
    Hello guys!

I have a unique request and I hope we can make this happen for one person. It is quite assertive of me to ask.

Let me tell you a little about him.

He is in his late 20s and loves motorbiking since he was young. He had a beautiful motorbike until last year, and sold it because he moved abroad. That did not work out for him, so he flew back and lives in Auckland (Pakuranga). The last year has not been kind to him, as he faced tough challenges. It has been like that for him He is a full time student, and what I love about him is his passion for learning. That passion goes the same for motor biking. I know he daydreams of going on a motorbike ride to feel the wind on his face and feel the engine booming. He cannot afford a motorbike at the moment.

It is his birthday coming up in June. Would anyone be kind to surprise him by lending him your motorbike for a day? Just let him have that ride with the wind on his face, to take in the scenery and forget his troubles for a short while. He is one of the kindest people I know and I want him to have the best birthday. I can pay a little of your time if that is what you want (I don't have much). If you could make this happen, please inbox me.

Thank you for reading. I appreciate it
    As it's his birthday, pull your money together and go rent him a bike for his present.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing

it was very much tongue in cheek and "shy bairns get nowt" yes you are correct if ya don't ask ya definitely wont get. whats the worst that can happen ya get a no or ya get flamed on the internet and as long as you take it with a grain of salt all that really is, is a no.
    10 points for trying tho

Bike
    2002, Kawasaki KDX 200
    Call me nuts, but I would have lent my bike to someone, if I had a chance to get to know them for 10 mins and they had a full license, under the full understanding if it was written off they would pay for it to be fixed/replaced, although my bike is a lot cheaper than most I suspect.

Bike
    z800
    Quote Originally Posted by Hads View Post
    Call me nuts
    Yes we shall, bugger havn to stuff around waiting for some stranger( no matter how nice they are) to hopefully pay for my totaled bike. Then get another bike. Not worth the drama.

As others have said to the op all parties chip in and get a rental. problem solved.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Hads View Post
    Call me nuts, but I would have lent my bike to someone, if I had a chance to get to know them for 10 mins and they had a full license, under the full understanding if it was written off they would pay for it to be fixed/replaced, although my bike is a lot cheaper than most I suspect.
    nuts 10char

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Hello, based on one response on this I'm not sure if you're entirely being serious. If you are, thanks. I understand that people would naturally feel overprotective over their motorbikes..
    No one is over-protective of their bike. Ever. What you need to understand is that our bikes are the essence of who we are for some of us. They are not a tool to lend ... they are a part of our bodies. Some of us would sooner lend our wives / girlfriends before we lend our bike.
    Grow older but never grow up

Thread Information