Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 1Tonne Duel Storm Jacket

Bike
    Indian Scout

Good stuff

Once again 1tonne delivered within 2 days a really good value product.
    1. textile pants $125
    I have scoffed at, laughed at, winced at the sight of textile pants and never worn textile pants. I always thought they screamed geriatric old man with no self respect about his image. Which they do, which I now am. So I bought some.
    From first inspection and just wearing them around the house today for awhile to see how they feel. These are good quality, comfy and don't look too bad (for old man gear). Really pleased I got some.
    2. Duel Storm textile jacket
    Blown away by the complexity of the design and the challenge that must have posed to manufacture. This is one clever piece of kit. Looks very well made and looks good on. This is not a summer or spring/autumn jacket. This is serious winter protection. I can see people wearing G-strings only underneath when minus 5.
    I'm looking forward to trying it all out on the road and then I can test the differences when the thermal liner is removed and/or the waterproof liner removed. I'm guessing with some liners out it will be great for Spring/Autumn use.

The neck warmer thingy does seem OTT to me and took ages to figure out how to get the jacket on first then zip up and seal warmer in place. All too fiddly for me to bother. When in place there's no way I could get my Vozz hinged helmet on but my standard lid fits over OK.
    In the end in the worse of winter I wrap a scarf around my neck.

Four pockets on the back plus six others seems a bit OTT to me but hey they don't take anything away from the good looks and it is good use of space to carry stuff. I just don't know anyone who needs so many pockets. That's not a criticism just an observation.

Pants fit me spot on but the jacket, like most people in textile riding gear, it does make me look like the Michelin man. Doubt going down a size would be wise though. The hassle of buying online and not being able to do a fitting.

So well done 1tonne for making what must be the best value winter jacket and pants out there and thanks Nathan for the quick service.

Mark
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Thanks Mark for the feedback

We are really happy with the jacket and as you said, it is built for winter use but can also be used it the spring and autumn with the liners out. During the summer it would be too hot though unless you like to cook.

The neck warmer is designed more for someone touring the South Island. So hopping on the bike and going long distance. This would mean they would not have to take it on and off a lot as it is a little fiddly but with practise becomes easier.
    I perfer the looks of the jacket without the neck liner but it still looks good with it. As you said, it could be a little OTT. Better to be OTT than not warm enough.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

Bike
    CB1300
    A size too small for me to be in the market, otherwise I like the look and the sound of this kit.

I have switched to your leather great after years of textile because most textile gear couldn't cope with decent rain for an hour or more and I ride every day so stowing heavy gear is the only viable option.

If this system works out it sounds like the ducks nuts.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    That looks to be a good jacket. I ride all year, and have a selection of jackets etc. This one is 'similar' in look/warmth spec to my Touring jacket {Ixon specious} and will keep an eye for when it needs to be replaced.

VERY good to see the 'abrasion' are is 1000dn over the standard 600. Maybe put that on the elbows/forearm areas too? One of my biggest criticism's over the years HAS been the 'fashion' away from proper 'double flap' jackets on the main zip. I've had many a 'wet ride' where rain has 'wicked' through the zip area. So good to see someone doing double flap jackets again.

Already have your leather bib n brace pants this would be a definite 'watch' for touring replacement to match them.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Just so everyone knows. We have brought the price down to only $229.00.
    Not sure how long this price will last. So get in quick.

Thread Information