Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride Forever ACC

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    First, how do you qualify "riding schools". How much, what level, gets what discount. Don't bother answering, ACC will increase premiums before they decrease them.

No, you do the courses because you want to be a safer rider.
    ACC have decreased the levies ... https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...nfirmed-201617

And have in the past WANTED to reduce the levies ... but they were stopped ... by the Minister for ACC. Towards the end of 2012, ACC Minister Judith Collins announced that Government would not cut ACC levies for the 2013–14 year. While the ACC Board and Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment had recommended reducing the levies by between 12 and 17 per cent.

The more safer riders we have ... the more chances of even more reductions ... if the number of Motorcycle accident injuries is reduced. The high risk of injury whilst riding a motorcycle ... is the clause (cause ??) the high levies (supposedly) exist.

Wearing better quality riding gear ...and getting QUALITY rider training should be a start to help achieve this.

The "I was in the right and had right of way (and not exceeding the speed limit) ... so it wasn't my fault" attitude ... will not help.

Recognizing possible accidents before they actually happen should reduce the severity ... of both the accident ... and any injuries.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    You need to grow a brain sport as why would I advocate those that cause crashes should pay higher premiums if my crashes were my fault as you and your mates on here believe?
    How many times have you been at fault?
    As I have previously stated (many times) ... ACC has a NO FAULT policy. As such ... there can be NO reduction in any way for "Not at fault" claims.

There ARE benefits for us all with this policy ... as it removes our right to sue (for stupidity) any involved in your accident. You should be thankful for that at least ...

Most of the accidents I have had were one vehicle involved. The others I should have seen coming sooner. Therefore I can claim some fault. At NO times were ANY DOGS involved ...

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The more safer riders we have ... the more chances of even more reductions ... if the number of Motorcycle accident injuries is reduced. The high risk of injury whilst riding a motorcycle ... is the clause (cause ??) the high levies (supposedly) exist.

Wearing better quality riding gear ...and getting QUALITY rider training should be a start to help achieve this.

The "I was in the right and had right of way (and not exceeding the speed limit) ... so it wasn't my fault" attitude ... will not help.

Recognizing possible accidents before they actually happen should reduce the severity ... of both the accident ... and any injuries.
    Wow that logic even makes sense to me, why can't some posters grasp these basics?

As I have previously stated (many times) ... ACC has a NO FAULT policy. As such ... there can be NO reduction in any way for "Not at fault" claims.

There ARE benefits for us all with this policy ... as it removes our right to sue (for stupidity) any involved in your accident. You should be thankful for that at least ...

Most of the accidents I have had were one vehicle involved. The others I should have seen coming sooner. Therefore I can claim some fault. At NO times were ANY DOGS involved ...
    Two lots of logic in one day! By crikey, I can't take too much more of this...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    No fault with the person who makes the screw up but fault with their choice of transport and you think thats fair? No wonder the number of crashes on the roads will never come down if thats your logic. For not seeing crashes looming sooner I can only assume you have been "Distracted" at times when you ride. Even if you do ride without any distractions shit can still happen from other motorists/animals faster than you would ever believe and maybe you will one day and only then understand my argument.
    NEVER has anybody in authority described motorcycling as "Faulty" ... and if anybody ever has done so ... please quote them.

ACC regard motorcyclists as being "more at risk of injury" in an accident. Not motorcycles (or motorcyclists) being faulty. Admittedly there are a few deranged one's out there (you included) ... but that's another argument ....

I am alive and have needed the (financial) help of ACC twice. Once when I took a right hand corner wide and lost it in the gravel. The second when a woman driver pulled out of her driveway in front of me. In court she she stated she wasn't at fault. But was in a hurry as she was late for work (it wasn't YOU was it ???). I suffered a broken arm and smashed wrist (I still have limited movement in my right wrist) ... and was off work for almost a year. The woman got 75 hours community service.

You may recall I stated I did find myself with some fault for not seeing danger sooner. If you are easily distracted ... give up motorcycling (or at least stop talking about motorcycling) and some might live a little longer. (probably you)

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    The others I should have seen coming sooner.
    And there is the attitude of a good rider. Being introspective of what you can do better is key to being a better rider.

Unlike those that blame others for their own faults.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    So you have had an "at fault" accident then which would explain why you would not want those "at fault" paying more although would you not think it would be a good idea if the woman that hit you payed more too?
    I willing and happy to admit responsibility for my actions ... SHE didn't. She didn't PAY anything. She was working while on a Benefit (which she had not declared to WINZ) but the court case result was made public and WINZ was notified. There would be no point in attempting to get more than an admission of guilt from her. I never even got that.

As for being a good idea ... NO. It would have been no help. Mentally or financially.

How on earth is her driving going to improve with only 75hrs community service?
    It is not driving skills that need improvement the most ... it is attitudes. Finding fault with others actions ... rather than seeing what you could have done to reduce/remove the problem. Doing nothing because it wasn't your fault wont fix it.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    And there is the attitude of a good rider. Being introspective of what you can do better is key to being a better rider.

Unlike those that blame others for their own faults.
    For some it's quite hard to get past the "I had got the right of way, but I got hit anyway" mindset though aye? The true number of accidents that happen where a rider has zero influence on the outcome...is rather slim. But in order for one to think that way, the mind first needs to be opened. For some that is stumbling block number one

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    For some it's quite hard to get past the "I had got the right of way, but I got hit anyway" mindset though aye? The true number of accidents that happen where a rider has zero influence on the outcome...is rather slim. But in order for one to think that way, the mind first needs to be opened. For some that is stumbling block number one
    Yup, once people get that through their head then there will be less accidents and safer roads for people and dogs.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    On a side note, this just popped up on my feed.

http://tarmc.net/a-20-lifesaver-ride-forever/testdrive/

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    On a side note, this just popped up on my feed.

http://tarmc.net/a-20-lifesaver-ride-forever/testdrive/
    Good stuff, just seen that as well. More the merrier I say.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    You dont think charging higher premiums for those "at fault" is not going to change "atitudes"?
    Do speed camera fines change the attitudes of those caught speeding ... ???

Those that can afford it ... just buy their way out of trouble.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    If you want to have zero influence on an accident outcome its best to stay off the road but the problem with your theory is picking which day to ride when shit is not going to happen.
    Is English your second language ... ??? I'll translate. Having zero influence of an accident outcome ... is seeing a possible accident scenario happening and doing nothing to avoid it.

In most cases ... the warning signs are there for all (except you) to see ... All you need to do is look.

If you don't know what to look for ... take a rider training course. They teach you what to look for.

And EVERY day spent riding is a bloody good day.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    and Natural Causes! Them Causes kill more people than the rest put together! Ban 'em.
    naaaa, life is terminal, i tell ya the longer i live the more i see people who are living life die. life is terminal

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Is English your second language ... ??? I'll translate. Having zero influence of an accident outcome ... is seeing a possible accident scenario happening and doing nothing to avoid it.

In most cases ... the warning signs are there for all (except you) to see ... All you need to do is look.

If you don't know what to look for ... take a rider training course. They teach you what to look for.

And EVERY day spent riding is a bloody good day.
    head, brick wall, when you argue with an idiot they will win every time.

i once had a person in my employ once who stated in a staff meeting that "shit just happens sometimes", he failed the attitude test and after about two weeks of due process no longer worked for me or occupied one of my houses.

the incidences he refereed to as being shit just happens was a firstly a holed piston on a brand new ag100 followed very closely by a broken rear axle on my quad.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    If this makes any sense, shit is like accidents, generally happens after a series of events. If one were to catch the warning signs (some training, I did Defensive Driving in my youth and saved my butt heaps by being aware) you can reduce the outcome be it major consequence to a minor or an avoidable one, this is why the "near miss" thing creeping into the workplace is lowering injury and property damage, MOST people are more aware and being a little more careful for the better.

But then in that "Shit happens" statement one needs to eat first after choosing carefully, as we all know if you don't eat, or eat the wrong shit, you don't shit, or do shit the wrong way, and could expire, so to avoid an accident in the first place by keeping out of an accident scenario, or being aware of the danger signs with a little training knowledge you may well survive and enjoy the ride of life, no shit.... thought not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eFNcbltDnM
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Thread Information