Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ride Forever ACC

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by HEsch View Post
    Well, it didn't rain! Such a good day out, beautiful weather and we went through some really lovely country. I booked with ProRider. We got off to a little bit of a late start as the other participant was a little late, and had a bit of an issue with a lost key after going through the safety briefing and some theory things before setting off, but all uphill from there.
    Urban riding practice around a local suburb, then slow speed in a private car park area (incl cornering at slow speed, parking, then braking). Out onto the open road for higher speed and cornering skills (incl countersteering, up and down hills). Stopped at a cafe for lunch. Slow speed riding through town, then a bit of a blat (safely, of course) with more corners and countersteering practice and a biiiiiiiig hill, finally ending with a slow-speed challenge of sorts through town again (aiming to ride slowly, and correctly judge traffic and gaps, to keep the bike moving - within reason and safety and obeying the road rules). Quick debrief for questions then home.

Plenty of intersections, plenty of tuition, plenty of time to lead and follow, and practice formation riding. The instructor was GREAT, giving both attendees plenty of attention and feedback and time to work on things we needed. We were on intercom, Sena 20S, which made everything easy.

It was a long day - I haven't been out for more than an hour and a half with my bike, so heading out shortly after 8 and not returning until nearly 6 was a lot. We had plenty of stops and rests (and weren't riding the whole day). Very good learning and great to get feedback: I have lots to work on which is cool, and confidence in skills gained already is definitely up.
    Great work, well done and thanks for the feedback.
    There are some things in there as instructors we can take away from it to, so thank you so much.

If you haven't done so please remember to fill out the post activity survey.

Sounds like you will be keen for the next one.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by HEsch View Post
    Well, it didn't rain! Such a good day out, beautiful weather and we went through some really lovely country. I booked with ProRider. We got off to a little bit of a late start as the other participant was a little late, and had a bit of an issue with a lost key after going through the safety briefing and some theory things before setting off, but all uphill from there.
    Urban riding practice around a local suburb, then slow speed in a private car park area (incl cornering at slow speed, parking, then braking). Out onto the open road for higher speed and cornering skills (incl countersteering, up and down hills). Stopped at a cafe for lunch. Slow speed riding through town, then a bit of a blat (safely, of course) with more corners and countersteering practice and a biiiiiiiig hill, finally ending with a slow-speed challenge of sorts through town again (aiming to ride slowly, and correctly judge traffic and gaps, to keep the bike moving - within reason and safety and obeying the road rules). Quick debrief for questions then home.

Plenty of intersections, plenty of tuition, plenty of time to lead and follow, and practice formation riding. The instructor was GREAT, giving both attendees plenty of attention and feedback and time to work on things we needed. We were on intercom, Sena 20S, which made everything easy.

It was a long day - I haven't been out for more than an hour and a half with my bike, so heading out shortly after 8 and not returning until nearly 6 was a lot. We had plenty of stops and rests (and weren't riding the whole day). Very good learning and great to get feedback: I have lots to work on which is cool, and confidence in skills gained already is definitely up.
    Nice. Learning I find to be fun. Big day by the sounds if you are not used to it.

I plan to go through and do the lot in the not far future.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    Buga, bro over from Sydney and we took mum out (to the Rocks) for a yummy feed and a beers, thanks for the offer tho cuz, and ride safe.

and, Just to remind World Whisky Day is next Saturday
    had to do the unthinkable and freeze some, may have to finish em with whiskey chasers, maybe we should educate the little blue fella about whiskey, the dogs not fussed on oysters but he drinks bourben which of course is a bastardized form of whiskey

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    had to do the unthinkable and freeze some, may have to finish em with whiskey chasers, maybe we should educate the little blue fella about whiskey, the dogs not fussed on oysters but he drinks bourben which of course is a bastardized form of whiskey
    Could be worse, happily put that piece of nice venison on ice....freeze a jolly good fellow....

all a matter of taste (and spelling, um, so first this be first lesson little blue fella, take note) I prefer the Scottish variety of whisky (mind the Irish have made a few good whiskeys top of my list are Redbreast, Writers Tears, Jameson).

Such a nice day for a ride to check my ride safe skills, but all that happened was 8 hours with a paintbrush
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    all a matter of taste (and spelling, um, so first this be first lesson little blue fella, take note) I prefer the Scottish variety of whisky (mind the Irish have made a few good whiskeys top of my list are Redbreast, Writers Tears, Jameson).

Such a nice day for a ride to check my ride safe skills, but all that happened was 8 hours with a paintbrush
    will keep that in mind now, are we celebrating world whisky (<< see what i did there) at mine or yours or do we just invite ourselves elsewhere

Bike
    will keep that in mind now, are we celebrating world whisky (<< see what i did there) at mine or yours or do we just invite ourselves elsewhere
    Found a batter to try, unless you want to do them in the raw (i'll turn the heat pump up).

Can do at ours, 'Oyster and Dram' night then? Whart time?

Usually suspects ... if you want to invite, i'll roll a cask in. We can discuss attending or not the Brass and riding safe forever.

Bike
    Found a batter to try, unless you want to do them in the raw (i'll turn the heat pump up).

Can do at ours, 'Oyster and Dram' night then? Whart time?

Usually suspects ... if you want to invite, i'll roll a cask in. We can discuss attending or not the Brass and riding safe forever.
    batter sounds good, will bring fire wood for fire in old well, sposed to be snowing on friday, i have access to 200litres of kero, should i bring some so we can fire up the torch

Bike
    batter sounds good, will bring fire wood for fire in old well, sposed to be snowing on friday, i have access to 200litres of kero, should i bring some so we can fire up the torch
    Was hoping to avoid that while we were discussing the free breakfast with Ride Forever

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    For various reasons, I haven't ridden for nearly 3 weeks. Finally managed to catch a relatively fine break this afternoon so went for a spin. Felt SO much more confident considering the time off the bike (I've only had it three months, which how long I've been learning to ride, so three weeks off is a lot), so big ups to the ride forever course for that!

In a fit of questionable intelligence, considering my available time and the likely weather over winter, I put the rego on hold two weeks ago (hold starts mid next week) but I'm now wondering if that was possibly the worst idea I've ever had. Tomorrow's ride might mean I have to toddle off to the post shop next week.

Thread Information