Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ride Forever ACC

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Same color toys or different colors? What about riding at night or with sun strike? Not to forget with planes over our heads? Man, some people are crazy. But this line of arguing is some special kind of crazy.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Now, this guy, this guy is making real sense, never thought of it/her in this way before.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Or use a dog whistle to clear the path for those unlucky riders...
    Probably have the opposite effect.

A tank bag full of cats from Gareth Morgan which can be hurled, screeching, towards the pavement when required, would be more helpful.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Same color toys or different colors? What about riding at night or with sun strike? Not to forget with planes over our heads? Man, some people are crazy. But this line of arguing is some special kind of crazy.

Well we do have to think about breeds here. A toy the size of my Mastiff would be hard to carry, maybe more Pitbull size. Breed will dictate the colour.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Maybe trainers should carry dog soft toys so they can randomly throw them at new riders.......
    Is that why they're called handbag dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post

A tank bag full of cats from Gareth Morgan which can be hurled, screeching, towards the pavement when required, would be more helpful.
    You leave the cats out of this...

Well we do have to think about breeds here. A toy the size of my Mastiff would be hard to carry, maybe more Pitbull size. Breed will dictate the colour.
    What about a plump chocolate coloured lab called "Cadbury"?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Is that why they're called handbag dogs?

You leave the cats out of this...

What about a plump chocolate coloured lab called "Cadbury"?
    Nah, I've had experience with chocolate labs. The merest whiff of a schmacko and the bugger would have you off. Passing a takeaways could be catastrophic.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    A Japper

Haha, I'd prefer it if Gareth Morgan was hurled at a bag of cats, big vicious ones about tiger size...

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    But has Gareth Morgan done his rider training? He is an avid rider.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by HEsch View Post

I'm booked onto Ride Forever tomorrow, going to get wet - ugh! - but still going! It is a good opportunity to get input in less-than-ideal conditions. Very glad I got waterproofs recently
    Well done, I trust you enjoyed it.

Bike
    Nah, I've had experience with chocolate labs. The merest whiff of a schmacko and the bugger would have you off. Passing a takeaways could be catastrophic.
    A few years ago was waiting at the lights in the local village behind a young mum with a toddler and one in the push chair and a very large chocolate lab... when the little green man showed it was safe to cross, off she went with the command "Walk, Cadbury!"... chuckled all the way home after that!

Bike
    But has Gareth Morgan done his rider training? He is an avid rider.
    Perhaps he could go and practice on the steppes of outer Mongolia...

But back on thread...

if a rider chooses to go and do a course of some description then they will gain some benefit from it...

and the RideForever courses are a very good starting point.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    My Mastiff has a little Lab blood. He is a 60kg eating machine. I think the Lab part is his tummy.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by HEsch View Post
    I've had horses for a looong time and attended many training courses where the environment/location caused them to be on less-than-perfect behaviour - but that's what you pay for: help with the difficult stuff, not the easy stuff

So far I have kept the healthy respect for my bike and the dangers, but I love riding it, so I'd really like to keep riding it safely for many years!
    So how did it go? Who did you do it with?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    So how did it go? ?
    +2 I'm keen for some freshly minted feedback.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    Well, it didn't rain! Such a good day out, beautiful weather and we went through some really lovely country. I booked with ProRider. We got off to a little bit of a late start as the other participant was a little late, and had a bit of an issue with a lost key after going through the safety briefing and some theory things before setting off, but all uphill from there.
    Urban riding practice around a local suburb, then slow speed in a private car park area (incl cornering at slow speed, parking, then braking). Out onto the open road for higher speed and cornering skills (incl countersteering, up and down hills). Stopped at a cafe for lunch. Slow speed riding through town, then a bit of a blat (safely, of course) with more corners and countersteering practice and a biiiiiiiig hill, finally ending with a slow-speed challenge of sorts through town again (aiming to ride slowly, and correctly judge traffic and gaps, to keep the bike moving - within reason and safety and obeying the road rules). Quick debrief for questions then home.

Plenty of intersections, plenty of tuition, plenty of time to lead and follow, and practice formation riding. The instructor was GREAT, giving both attendees plenty of attention and feedback and time to work on things we needed. We were on intercom, Sena 20S, which made everything easy.

It was a long day - I haven't been out for more than an hour and a half with my bike, so heading out shortly after 8 and not returning until nearly 6 was a lot. We had plenty of stops and rests (and weren't riding the whole day). Very good learning and great to get feedback: I have lots to work on which is cool, and confidence in skills gained already is definitely up.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    i have five dozen oysters that need to be consumed, may need somethin to wash em down with also, that may create shit. you gonna join in and help it along.
    Buga, bro over from Sydney and we took mum out (to the Rocks) for a yummy feed and a beers, thanks for the offer tho cuz, and ride safe.

and, Just to remind World Whisky Day is next Saturday
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Thread Information