Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RG125F 1994 (is that a bucket?) issues

Bike
    RG125 1994
    Yh I'm still a bit baffled (but maybe it's normal) again as to why it would seem you have to richen a mj when the rest of the range needs leaning, is that normal thing from using different expansion chambers?

Also, pic below is how much gunk oozes out of my pv breather every day, from only a few miles. This can't be normal...

Bike seems to smoke a normal amount and as stated it's all on a rebuild including full decoke of pv's.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    That looks like water and oil mixed together. Have you got a cracked head or water jacket to the exhaust port?

That would explain the fueling oddities.

Bike
    RG125 1994
    No I had a dowel/pin not fitting properly issue, water initially leaked from gasket, then I grinded the dowel down some and it turned into leaking from the offending nut instead but no longer directly from gasket. Today I've machined it some more to fit way lower.

In these pics I've basically sanded the welded on alloy spots with 120...how should I finish things? It seems to be 50/50 opinions in a google search about honing plated barrels so...

Bore measures 56.02 up top so guess I'll go with 55.95 piston this time instead of the 55.94 which seemed very rattley...could maybe get away with 55.96 but I don't really know what I'm talking about...

Bike
    1974 Yamaha RD250
    Easy Off oven cleaner works well for removing aluminum from cylinders,brush some on the aluminum and let it sit for a few hours,a scotchbrite abrasive pad should remove the rest..

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by marlow View Post
    Thanks for the tips TZ350. I already know the blades are safe as I'm 200 miles run in now on the new engine. But I was told on RGV.co.uk forum that the important part of the pv's is the blend point. I think it's about as close as it can get anyhoo.

Well, major progress made, it was the chuffin spark plug!!!!

Unbelievable, a BRAND NEW spark plug I had in there since engine rebuild, exactly as standard, NGK BR9ES, and the whole time it's been a dud. I swapped it back for the old one that came with the bike and hello rocketship!! No more splutter, screams round to 12 (then hits a brick wall) and even ironed out a few flat spots. How can a brand new plug be a dud? I got it off ebay but still. Over 6 months ago now I can't even trace where it came from.

But sadly bad news. Went out on it tonight still with the 180 MJ but realised to replace the airbox lid first, cruised about 20 miles out of town with two mates, was giving it way more on the way to a pub meal than what I was on the way back, however just appraoching 5 miles from home it pretty much blew up....or something, I thought heat seized. It died mid thrash, the first beans I'd given it for the past 20 mins so it wasn't currently hot, temp gauge hadn't gone past 1/4 all night either, and I thought i was going on to reserves. But I'd put a tenna in it there's no way it's used that!! It kept running for a bit gradually slowing to a halt then I noticed it was 4/5ths up the temp gauge. Let it cool and tried to start but there's no compression, engine turning over real fast like it does with no spark plug in it. Hoping it was just a too lean MJ and it's holed piston, cuz if it's anything else like rings or exhaust bridge issue then I can't be doing another replate and not know wtf it did this for.

Running too lean doesn't bugger rings does it? There was no clattering around from the engine, just a gradual dying as if it was heat seizing but like I say now no compression. Knew I should've done a friggin plug chop before venturing out..but at the same time all the caburation below thrash range has needed leaning off big time, needle max lean and still struggles to tickover so a leaner pilot required. Can a Nikkon or any aftermarket spanny cause this change? Where bottom range needs leaning but top range needs richening? Bizarre...

Had an absolute calamity being recovered, had to call a half cut mate out and he brought a 7 seater that we pulled every muscle squeezing the bike into the back of. Fun fucking times these 2-strokes eh
    You should buy a car.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by 190mech View Post
    Easy Off oven cleaner works well for removing aluminum from cylinders,brush some on the aluminum and let it sit for a few hours,a scotchbrite abrasive pad should remove the rest..
    Muriatic acid
    http://www.2t-racelab.com/2013/11/mu...ng-piston.html
    edit
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Drain cleaner powder on a damp rag can help remove ally from bore but be super careful it is dangerous.
    Ya beat me
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG125 1994
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    You should buy a car.
    Is that what your tutor told u as well? U should donate to more charities, sound like a giving guy.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    that cylinder looks like it has a sleeve, if so just get it bored for next size up
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    RG125 1994
    You can't bore Nikasil

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by marlow View Post
    You can't bore Nikasil
    Yes you are quite right, but in this picture it looks a bit like a sleeve has been fitted to the cylinder

nicasil is normally plated dierctly onto the cylinder surface , so why is there a ring that looks like a sleeve around the top of the cylinder ?
    Maybe you paid for a replate and got a sleeve
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    RG125 1994
    Aren't they like that standard then?

I have 10 days to have it up n ready for a lad's 125 jaunt to a caravan site, so time and also money are not options

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    A magnet will answer the question pretty quickly. Pictures can be great or misleading.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RG125 1994
    deleted post

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Post added with no content.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike