Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Over 80,000 kms last 24 months

Bike
    2015/18 Blade, 81 Katana, KR150R

Over 80,000 kms last 24 months

Honda fireblade ticked over 80,000 kms so I looked up purchase date and did some numbers. It was about 15 days off two years since I got it with 2kms on the clock. Average about 112 kms per day since it turned up. Commute is 150kms (round trip) plus all those track days etc.

It has had two wheel bearings (the second got water in it and died a little early). Loads of tires and general services (oil, filter, air filter). Might have had plugs with a service (not sure). Had two chains and one set of sprockets.

It runs and rides really well. Never had the slightest issue other than fair wear. Taking it to Taupo MotoTT this weekend. Loads of life left.

As for all those KM's loved them and looking forward to more.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Good skills. Go the mighty Honda.

That would be a shit-load of tyres.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Very nice, jealous. I started with a roar when buying the BMW, but never really used for a commute (or had a commute that long). Now the annual mileage has dropped to more like 10-20k.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Once ran out some tyres in 2-3 weeks. Shop decided to have fun with the importer and said their customer was spewing. He could have finished the tyres in 2 weeks, but dragged them out to 3. Poor fella missed the obvious question and said he'd take a look when he came round. When he'd finished examing he could only conclude they were knackered and finally asked how many km I'd done. Shop casually replied about 7k, to which the stunned chap asked if I'd stopped anywhere.

Never did get a free replacement set
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    Very nice. I did around 20,000 km last year, mainly commuting.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Awesome.

I thought I was doing well with 50,000km in two years. Don't commute on it though.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Good skills. Go the mighty Honda.

It is. I should get some of the numbers from Honda and Bruce Lewis. I was running T30's. At the track they seem to melt up but looking back I might have just run them at to low pressure. It came with T20's which lasted less than 10,000km's and went square fast commuting.

Trying T21's which so far are not bad. They ride very well road and track.

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    Perhaps you should consider changing your name to 'IronArse'! Ha ha. Good effort.
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by IronPawz View Post
    Honda fireblade ticked over 80,000 kms so I looked up purchase date and did some numbers. It was about 15 days off two years since I got it with 2kms on the clock. Average about 112 kms per day since it turned up. Commute is 150kms (round trip) plus all those track days etc.

It has had two wheel bearings (the second got water in it and died a little early). Loads of tires and general services (oil, filter, air filter). Might have had plugs with a service (not sure). Had two chains and one set of sprockets.

It runs and rides really well. Never had the slightest issue other than fair wear. Taking it to Taupo MotoTT this weekend. Loads of life left.

As for all those KM's loved them and looking forward to more.
    Know a chick who's Repsol thou has clicked over 100ks, never any issues was used for commuting, track days and weekend fun. She was going to sell it when she bought her Yamaha MT-09 but kept it and eventually sold the MT instead!

Nice K's mate, for a Honda that is just run in! They build a damn good engine.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Out of interest, what intervals did you change your fork oil and have your shock serviced?

Bike
    S1000RR
    Wow great effort. Convinces me to get a CBR1000RR.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2017 Triumph Tiger XCA
    I have a Triumph Tiger XCx that is just on twelve months old. 23k on the clock. I use it for my daily commute (about 65km round trip, 5 days a week) and nice long weekend rides. The Battlewings lasted about 16K km, and have put Metzeler Tourance on as replacements. Much better on the gravel, but still useful for commuting...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Out of interest, what intervals did you change your fork oil and have your shock serviced?
    Unless the shock oil was in the first 50,000kms it has never been done. The shocks where setup by Dave Moss (the expert) once probably around 20,000kms at one of my earliest track days. I asked for lots of long distance but on the stiffer side and with the track also in mind. That made an amazing difference and still does.

I'm aware the fork oil probably should be done. Moss said the issue is we adapt and don't notice the degraded state of the bike. I just today had it around Taupo track and it was great. I've only ever ridden it on a track. Perhaps 20 times or more now. Medium or slow groups only.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Know a chick who's Repsol thou has clicked over 100ks, never any issues was used for commuting, track days and weekend fun. She was going to sell it when she bought her Yamaha MT-09 but kept it and eventually sold the MT instead!

Nice K's mate, for a Honda that is just run in! They build a damn good engine.
    Yeah thanks, and my plan is to sell it and ride my newly legal 1983 Katana (with modern suspension etc) and a KR150R (while the Kat is painted and messed about with at times). I think it will work but I guess I'll find out.

The Honda. They are just such a great bike if your back can take it.
    The golden rule is: If you back etc hurts then ride it more until it doesn't.
    People say the Blade is lacking in personality because it does exactly what you expect it to. I can see the point I actually do miss personality. Like some demented 150cc road two stroke screaming its lungs out at 160km/r around Manfield. Or the fire breathing 1135cc Katana which is something that can be more refined over time (but never clinical).

As long as I don't have to sit upright to soon.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    If you service it, and have mechanical sympathy, it will run basically forever.

My Hayabusa has 60,000 k's - I've seen them with 200,000 miles, still on the original motor.

Good effort to the OP.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronPawz View Post
    I've only ever ridden it on a track. Perhaps 20 times or more now. Medium or slow groups only.
    80,000 Km's only on the track?

Did you stop anywhere?
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Thread Information