Thread: 2010 aprilia RS125 Rear Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild query

Bike
    Aprilia RS125

2010 aprilia RS125 Rear Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild query

Hello all

AS the title suggests my rear master cylinder has lost its will to live, and as a result, i'm now stuck trying to resolve this issue

due to a lack of information for a rebuild kit for my gen i resorted to contacting aprilia which, to my dismay, responded with "there are no rear master cylinder rebuild kits available for your generation"
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know that the piston size for the previous gen (02-05) is 13mm, and there also is a rebuild kit available, so provided my piston also measures up (geddit) maybe i could bite the bullet and hope to hell this kit fits?

does anybody know if the previous gen rear brake master cylinder would just "bolt on" to my model?
    aprilia are asking $175NZD for a new unit, which, i would rather not spend but I guess it may end up being my only option

I've also asked this on the aprilia forums, but people seem to just ignore anything I ask haha!

thanks all!

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Have you been past your local brake place like Brake and Transmission to see if they can help? Some the seals may well be quite generic.

Bike
    motocompo
    You could call Powerstop Engineering in Tauranga. He is very resourceful Phn 07 5788909 Rob Dixon.

Bike
    Aprilia RS125
    thank you for the replies!

no admittedly i haven't gone to bnt yet. will swing by and see what they say. if that fails I'll contact this rob fulla

Bike
    suzuki
    i used to put rebuild kits in but looking closely usually it was a case of cleaning thouroughly and reassembling, there's nothing really in a brake system that can damage a seal, usualy it's a bit of shit or a growth, clean it all out and reassemeble and all good, get a magnifying glass onto the seals just to check close up

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    If the seal is poked, they can be made. I paid $17 for a clutch slave seal to be made for a bike.

Seal imports in Petone sorted it all out for me, can't remember the outfit that did the actual making of it.

Edit.

This seems like an Aprilia trait. I couldn't get seals for a set of brakes for an 01 RSV1000 when I tried once. Stupid Italians.

Bike
    husaberg
    Just check the model number of the actual part it will be Grimeca or Brembo they will have the parts.
    If not they will be fitted to plenty of other euro bikes. Such as Ducati Laverda etc etc.

looking at the parts list the earlier gen is 12mm rather than 13mm
    Not cheap
    https://www.pjme.co.uk/acatalog/Brake_Parts_.html

US is cheaper
    http://apriliasuperstore.com/i-11711...rake-pump.html

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    If the seal is poked, they can be made. I paid $17 for a clutch slave seal to be made for a bike.
    Seal imports in Petone sorted it all out for me, can't remember the outfit that did the actual making of it.
    Edit.
    This seems like an Aprilia trait. I couldn't get seals for a set of brakes for an 01 RSV1000 when I tried once. Stupid Italians.
    I seem to to remember something about Brembo not selling parts as they worried about getting sued,
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information