Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking VFR 1200 Owners knowledge - PANNIERS - test sit please

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Seeking VFR 1200 Owners knowledge - PANNIERS - test sit please

Hey any other owners of VFR 1200 F K10 - K15 models

If any of you out there have panniers (OEM) we would like to visit and see how well my missus can climb on/off with OEM panniers fitted please.

Hope I posted in the right place. We just bought our VFR 12, missus loves it, easiest ever to get on/off with the big GIVI topbox fitted but she hated our Ducati's panniers.
    Anyone with a bike of this config willing to help (before we lay down 1200 notes) please let us know.

Cheers
    Brent
    Just ride.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    The fuck are you doing on here?

It's not like you'll get a serious answer...
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Do Honda use K for years? F was relevant on my Hornet.

Yours misses did not like the Ducati. Don't think the issue is the motorcycle.

Who the F takes passengers any more - fucks up ones handling. Tell her to get her own license.

I'll be here all night (drinking) if you need further relationship advice.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I cant help, but Im fucked if I would pay $1200 for 2 plastic boxes.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Hey any other owners of VFR 1200 F K10 - K15 models

If any of you out there have panniers (OEM) we would like to visit and see how well my missus can climb on/off with OEM panniers fitted please.

Hope I posted in the right place. We just bought our VFR 12, missus loves it, easiest ever to get on/off with the big GIVI topbox fitted but she hated our Ducati's panniers.
    Anyone with a bike of this config willing to help (before we lay down 1200 notes) please let us know.

Cheers
    Brent
    Take a fucking hike pebble Boy.
    I f I owned any they'd be yours you know that!
    Do what Mrs Stoney wants, K.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I cant help, but Im fucked if I would pay $1200 for 2 plastic boxes.
    $1200 for two? Yeah right! They are $1200 a shot and if you damage one you need to buy the pair again. I know because I cracked one and was quoted $2400 2 years ago to get it done. Cost me $80 for the plastic welding and $100 for paint. Good as new.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Do Honda use K for years? F was relevant on my Hornet.

Yours misses did not like the Ducati. Don't think the issue is the motorcycle.

Who the F takes passengers any more - fucks up ones handling. Tell her to get her own license.

I'll be here all night (drinking) if you need further relationship advice.
    She has her own license and for 3 years had a 652cc Suzuki single banger. She likes to be on the back and lets me do the work. Appreciate your opinions, but prefer some real feedback on the question I asked thanks
    Just ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    The fuck are you doing on here?

It's not like you'll get a serious answer...
    Was hoping....
    Just ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    $1200 for two? Yeah right! They are $1200 a shot and if you damage one you need to buy the pair again. I know because I cracked one and was quoted $2400 2 years ago to get it done. Cost me $80 for the plastic welding and $100 for paint. Good as new.
    I may have misread the website, but don't think so. I will go back and check. Do you still have the bike with panniers? Missus is keen to check out ow hard clambering on is with OEM panniers
    Cheers!
    Just ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure as i read this ist for 'panniers' not 'pannier' I have emailed the seller to ask, after all its says 'kit' which I take to be two?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Hond...3D272513548662
    Just ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries

Was hoping

That in my 5 years or so absence from here the site may have become what it used to be ... seems I should have known better. Oh well.

I used to get turned into a major troll partaking of this forum, had many moment of which I am proud and many that I wish had never occurred ....but see, I came here to ask for help with some retail research for my newest second hand bike, to make sure I make an informed decision. I was sorta hoping the troll culture may have waned...silly me.

Whether you approve of two up riding or not IDK, whether you think 1200$ for two panniers is ridic, again IDK.

Whether you know me or not, I have been round bikes for 34 years, never binned one, and two up me and the missus have passed many wankers with 3 inch wide chicken strips on many twisty roads, and also been passed by many other bikes.... we ride OUR bike on OUR ride be it one of the Suzuki's, the KTM Super Duke we had, or one of our ST4's that were magnificent two up bikes.

I truly hope another VFR rider somewhere in NZ gives us a reason to ride to his/her place for a chat, test mount and allow us to make a clear informed decision on if the OEM's are worth the dosh or just to match our GIVI box with after markets.

Cheers all
    Brent
    Just ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    OK the shop in Australia that's selling the 'KIT' just replied to me by email that the price is for a PAIR.
    With conversion rates and freight 1289$ LANDED at my door

OEM Honda Panniers for our VFR

Cheers bud.

Have a nice Friday night
    Just ride.

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    I may have misread the website, but don't think so. I will go back and check. Do you still have the bike with panniers? Missus is keen to check out ow hard clambering on is with OEM panniers
    Cheers!
    No sorry traded it in for a '14 BMW R1200RT. Much nicer touring bike. Hasn't got the punch the VFR had but same amount of torque and much better wind/rain protection. Can ride 24 hours without getting off except for refueling.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Do Motomart have a set on a VFR that you could go check out?

Or perhaps this is the universe's way of saying you should go for a ride to Auckland.

I'd be checking out overseas websites - perhaps there's a forum group for VFRs you could ask on.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    you might have to visit aussie one weekend StoneY

Thread Information