Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AGV or Caberg dealers in Christchurch?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I haven't been in there for a few months but I think Budgets stocked AGV.

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I haven't been in there for a few months but I think Budgets stocked AGV.
    I haven't been in the market for a helmet lately but, Trevor pierce yamaha stocked AGV as well.
    flashg

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    AGV are a smaller fitting helmet than most but that won't matter if yer trying them on. What that means though is your normal helmet size may not apply.

Some people have touching faith in the SHARP ratings. They are not gospel, they are a guide - and they are flawed. It's possible that situation has changed over the last year or three but I can't be bothered reading it all up again. Some of my helmets have five stars, some don't. If I could only have one helmet it would be one of the Arais which only get three stars, but for my money they are a superior helmet to the five star hats I have.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack85 View Post

I would rather buy a 5* SHARP rated helmet rather than a 3* rated on if they both fit me well and similar price.
    so it's price that's more important than rating it seems.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Trevor Pierce, Budget, First European, all have AGV.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I just put my own stars on...one helmet I have has about 10 of them, in different colours and some stripes too...

Bike
    N/A
    Thanks a lot for everybody's replies, it's been great having so much input on a very new thread. I've been on other forums that don't get replies like this one!

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    Regardless of the star rating, Cabergs are very nicely made helmets and are way better than they should be for the price. I've had a couple and they've been comfortable and quiet. Buy a snug fit because the padding quickly relaxes to the shape of your head.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by FLUB View Post
    Regardless of the star rating, Cabergs are very nicely made helmets and are way better than they should be for the price. I've had a couple and they've been comfortable and quiet. Buy a snug fit because the padding quickly relaxes to the shape of your head.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    What sort of mileage did you get out of them?

My current helmet is less than 3 years old but greater than 60,000 km and a fair bit the worse for it.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    What sort of mileage did you get out of them?

My current helmet is less than 3 years old but greater than 60,000 km and a fair bit the worse for it.
    After about 20,000km the answer to my own question.
    Do not buy for use as a daily all weather helmet.

Rowdy as all hell when windy or wet.

Some materials, screws etc in the lining and moving parts are not up to wet weather use.

The advertised bt unit is useless, and the external control panel not available.

My advice to myself a year ago... find a better helmet or only use it on sunny days.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    The advertised bt unit is useless, and the external control panel not available.
    It works OK for me, but I'd agree that the buttons on the microphone are a bit awkward and take a while to get used to.

I like the fact that it's a sealed unit without any external fittings, means I can leave the helmet lying around no worries.

Seems to work OK but it's the first headset I've had so got nothing to compare.

I'd agree my old Caberg didn't have the best fit and finish.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    It works OK for me, but I'd agree that the buttons on the microphone are a bit awkward and take a while to get used to.

I like the fact that it's a sealed unit without any external fittings, means I can leave the helmet lying around no worries.

Seems to work OK but it's the first headset I've had so got nothing to compare.

I'd agree my old Caberg didn't have the best fit and finish.
    Hmmm, to be fair I never actually tried the unit... that said, I see no point to a unit you cannot adjust the volume on the fly.

I was also unable to find a positive review... Even the vendor advised against buying one. Said the distributor told them to avoid selling them.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm, to be fair I never actually tried the unit... that said, I see no point to a unit you cannot adjust the volume on the fly.

I was also unable to find a positive review... Even the vendor advised against buying one. Said the distributor told them to avoid selling them.
    I might have a newer version? Two buttons on the microphone which do everything (including volume up and down). I think on the box it says it's made by Sena.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I might have a newer version? Two buttons on the microphone which do everything (including volume up and down). I think on the box it says it's made by Sena.
    Isn't the boom inside your helmet when riding though?

It must be awful hard to adjust the volume at speed?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    In a word...yes. But it can be done, however only with the right hand too so have to let the bike coast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51X75jL1S1L._SX522_.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	335921
    - The Simpsons

Thread Information