Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Living with a second generation GSXR1300.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    You going to Meremere on Sunday?
    No, I'm not. I'm out of town so to speak.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Good write up there.

1,000 ks out of a tyre! ouch. Darkside that fat girl
    It's better than what I was getting from my old scoot. Some people ride with skill and finesse. Since I'm retarded, I use the throttle instead...
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    The bike came on Bridgestone T30s, not a tyre I like, so I went to Angel GTs, which I really like, but you have the lack of feel at pace. Front wear so far is fine. The front is so under sprung as standard and over sprung at the rear that it probably promotes front wear. With the suspension mods damping is much more controlled than standard. Very worthwhile doing. Horses for courses, 600 for the Akaroa GP, Busa for Arthur's Pass. Sweepers are its strength . Clip on angle is an issue for me. Sorry, still need the std pipes.
    I have a set of half worn GT's here - I don't get on with them at all, that lack of feel that you describe makes me very uncomfortable...

Agree about the front - I ended up going up in fork juice weight which helped a little, but it gets a little chattery on those ribs from trucks. As for the rear, the stock shock starts out overly stiff and it works the oil hard, so you end up with over sprung and little real damping. Hence ruining rears quickly. How much did you spend on the fork upgrades and Nitron?

No worries. If I don't sell mine (so many tire kickers), I'll ship it across; but to get it past the roadworthy inspection I need it to be 100% stock. I'm short one pipe.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    I spent about $3k, or about$3.5k if you count getting the original shock serviced and valved. Best money spent. I also put an R1 throttle tube on which is a good mod plus a zero gravity double bubble and zero gravity seat, which is a bit narrower than stock. I got the pillion seat redone with extra padding and antislip material. The wife really rates it for comfort, even at speed.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    But, again, other than your own, when was the last 12R you've seen?.
    There's a couple used for commuting in Auckland, one in particular does Bombay>City daily. Fuck that.

They are quite tall, something that actually appeals to some. It does however make the bike somewhat "twitchy" but then that's half the fun with it.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    I spent about $3k, or about$3.5k if you count getting the original shock serviced and valved. Best money spent. I also put an R1 throttle tube on which is a good mod plus a zero gravity double bubble and zero gravity seat, which is a bit narrower than stock. I got the pillion seat redone with extra padding and antislip material. The wife really rates it for comfort, even at speed.
    Why the R1 throttle tube? $3k is pretty reasonable considering - the last TTX I bought was near on two thirds that alone with no professional set up.

Bike
    R1 throttle tube cuts down on the amount of turn needed, a quicker action throttle. Try it, I think you will like it. I have an R6 tube on my 600. Brilliant mod.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    R1 throttle tube cuts down on the amount of turn needed, a quicker action throttle. Try it, I think you will like it. I have an R6 tube on my 600. Brilliant mod.
    Interesting. What year R1? The throttle is so progressive that halving the rotation wouldn't be an issue.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    the fact that it was aero and fast meant loved up blue haired swingers had a comfortable ride to the party, and a ride that was easy on the sore bits on the way home..
    This is the best bike review I've ever read.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Sold
    Originally Posted by madbikeboy
    the fact that it was aero and fast meant loved up blue haired swingers had a comfortable ride to the party, and a ride that was easy on the sore bits on the way home..

Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    This is the best bike review I've ever read.
    I think it was highly optimistic . I didn't have blue hair but I did have a blue Blackbird for 8 years but it didn't get me any invites to the swinging set. And any sore bits on the way home from a ride was down to the OEM seat. My wife was marginally happier after I'd fitted a Rider brand seat but the high rear pegs meant she was half-crippled after a decent trip and nookie was the last thing on her mind.

Must say I enjoyed the excellent write-up though!!

Bike
    Interesting. What year R1? The throttle is so progressive that halving the rotation wouldn't be an issue.
    2004 R1. Rotation won't be halved, but definitely less movement needed. Part no over on gixxer forum, a sticky on the 600/750 section.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    2004 R1. Rotation won't be halved, but definitely less movement needed. Part no over on gixxer forum, a sticky on the 600/750 section.
    Fantastic.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    is the motor in the b king the same motor is is it detuned?

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    is the motor in the b king the same motor is is it detuned?
    Pretty much right there, as mental as that may seem at first...

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Pretty much right there, as mental as that may seem at first...
    not mental at all imho!

Thread Information