Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any JAWA / CZ for sale? Czech collector in town :)

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I have owned both, but not recently.
    I think NZeta were built to get around tough NZ import laws around that era.
    NZeta are usually quite expensive, in NZ anyway. I guy I know sold a tidy one on TM a while back for $7000.
    i've got a couple of Nzeta's and a brand new body for when it's time to rebuild a decent one. from memory Peter Stone from Summers Kawasaki had something to do with the dairy board and did a deal allowing the importing of enough parts to build the bikes here, with a bit of local content, as much as they could make at the time. it was very difficult trading internationally, so as nz was selling dairy into checkeshoweveryousayit, they could buy so much out of that country.
    same deal with the trekka i recall?
    one of my bikes was a rural delivery bike up dargaville way
    they're sought after by
    scooter nutters
    nz bike nutters
    old vintage car people who can't lift big stuff and want a lightweight project,
    at least that's what i found when i was hunting mine.

we'll see whn it's back on the road how much of a fanny nagnet it is...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i've got a couple of Nzeta's and a brand new body for when it's time to rebuild a decent one. from memory Peter Stone from Summers Kawasaki had something to do with the dairy board and did a deal allowing the importing of enough parts to build the bikes here, with a bit of local content, as much as they could make at the time. it was very difficult trading internationally, so as nz was selling dairy into checkeshoweveryousayit, they could buy so much out of that country.
    same deal with the trekka i recall?
    one of my bikes was a rural delivery bike up dargaville way
    they're sought after by
    scooter nutters
    nz bike nutters
    old vintage car people who can't lift big stuff and want a lightweight project,
    at least that's what i found when i was hunting mine.

we'll see whn it's back on the road how much of a fanny nagnet it is...
    The ladas also came in from the dairy board as the ruskies didn't have currency to pay for butter
    From memory the People that used to bring in Tatra trucks also used to sell the Zetors
    The Tatra trucks had a odd articulated rear suspension and a backbone chassis with a huge tipping bin that lasted forever
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1475929775166320918.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	330899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f09a366ed33586ef557f0f85d605a35a.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	330900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71554635.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	330901
    I can't remember for sure but i think they were air cooled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Jawa 500R, 1988
    Zetor and Tatra are still very popular in Czech, they are undestructable and few months ago I saw a discussion of truck drivers dreaming about their old Tatras, that nothing had such a good terrain qualities like that.

There is some Czechoslovakia Scifi TV Series, where they tried to turn Tatra over as part of an accident scene and they had to repeat it 3 times until they made it
    See the video from the filming: https://youtu.be/95500qincoY?t=32s

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by czech_guy View Post
    Zetor and Tatra are still very popular in Czech, they are undestructable and few months ago I saw a discussion of truck drivers dreaming about their old Tatras, that nothing had such a good terrain qualities like that.

There is some Czechoslovakia Scifi TV Series, where they tried to turn Tatra over as part of an accident scene and they had to repeat it 3 times until they made it
    See the video from the filming: https://youtu.be/95500qincoY?t=32s
    That bicycle sure looked sinister.
    They sure were rugged.
    The Zetor tractors were abused as they were cheap yet they still lasted. Same with the Tatras
    I had two Zetors and never managed to kill one.
    They had a intersting power steering set up, with a sort of toggle switch on the steering ram that activated it when the steering arm pulled or pushed on it.
    Its surprising it wasn't used more often on other tractors. ESP for converting them to power steering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Jawa 353

Jawa mechanics anywhere near Auckland

I need someone who has the pullers needed to disassemble my 250 engine as it has blown first gear.

Thread Information