Update since suspension work.

First of all I highly recommend that if you need to do anything suspension on your bike then just take it straight to Robert Taylor of KSS in New Plymouth. He knows his stuff and will do absolutely everything to make sure you are happy with your bike. His customer service is outstanding and his work is meticulous.

He installed an Ohlins shock and Andreani cartridge fork kit and to cut to the chase after several test runs, explaining the symptoms, tweaks and some further changes to the shock internals and valves and trying a different spring weight (then going back again once we had the geometry right) we got it perfect.

The bike just glides over bumps (yes you still feel some bumps that you would on any bike) but they are mostly smoothed out and not harsh anymore. The turn in is quick and precise, holds the line well without that feeling that the tire is being over worked and conforms to the road nicely. It feels and turns very much like a street bike now - like my old Monster did.

So yes I am really happy with the way the bike rides now... My riding weight is 83kg so anyone out there with a Diavel finding it too harsh then go see KSS and they will sort it out for you