Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Vehicles getting really fast

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

Electric Vehicles getting really fast

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news...ing-lap-record
    So an electric car now holds the Nur road legal record, how long until we see electric bikes starting to do the same to our road legal superbikes?

I asked myself that question and then asked google and apparently it has already happened:
    http://newatlas.com/lightning-ls218-...-ls-218/36470/

That's a seriously quick bike and no way near as heavy as I though it would be at 225kgs. As much as I like the sound of a bike I'd love to open the taps on one of these. Charge times aren't too unreasonable either. I think a charging station at a few of the towns along the Coro GP would do you well when you stop to clear the head a bit, is this our future?

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news...ing-lap-record
    So an electric car now holds the Nur road legal record, how long until we see electric bikes starting to do the same to our road legal superbikes?

I asked myself that question and then asked google and apparently it has already happened:
    http://newatlas.com/lightning-ls218-...-ls-218/36470/

That's a seriously quick bike and no way near as heavy as I though it would be at 225kgs. As much as I like the sound of a bike I'd love to open the taps on one of these. Charge times aren't too unreasonable either. I think a charging station at a few of the towns along the Coro GP would do you well when you stop to clear the head a bit, is this our future?
    Some of them are really quick but not for long. There is a lot of energy in 18 litres of petrol.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I've said this before but will again. We live in exciting times. EV tech is developing at a rapid rate of knots. Can't wait to get some range..

It may be an anecdote but I read about BMW's first attempt at a 4wd SUV a few years ago. It had a motor on each wheel and on the initial test it just lit the tires up when the throttle was pressed. Impressive torques.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    What's not to like about instant power? Bring it on I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    wr450f
    Our University of Canterbury Motorsport UCM16 FSAE electric race car for last year ran 80kw and 924Nm of torque....that thing is scary fast. This year's car will be even better
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    which brings me back to point Z. - use premium fuel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    And the right plugs. And condoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    never really believed in em. which i suppose is why my bike runs rough and i have kids.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    i have a 2016 subaru wrx and a few weeks ago was behind a nissan leaf at the lights, he was beside a boy racer type and when the lights changed the nissan destroyed the boy racer in a drag so at the next lights i was beside him and when the lights changed we both took off and obviously i won but it was close, those things are quick of the line

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    As much as I like the sound of a bike I'd love to open the taps on one of these.
    i'm sure you'll be able to get a speaker kit and a sound package applicable to the behaviour of the bike to sound proper

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    i have a 2016 subaru wrx and a few weeks ago was behind a nissan leaf at the lights, he was beside a boy racer type and when the lights changed the nissan destroyed the boy racer in a drag so at the next lights i was beside him and when the lights changed we both took off and obviously i won but it was close, those things are quick of the line
    What? OK some electric cars are pretty quick, even surprisingly quick. That is not true of the Leaf. The Leaf is hilariously slow.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    There is a retro scooter that is electric being made in Europe that has a 250km range but the catch is the battery pack is contained in a small trailer towed behind the scooter.
    I don't see a trailler...

Cezeta 506

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    What? OK some electric cars are pretty quick, even surprisingly quick. That is not true of the Leaf. The Leaf is hilariously slow.
    nope..............

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i'm sure you'll be able to get a speaker kit and a sound package applicable to the behaviour of the bike to sound proper
    Ringa ding ding be buggered.

Get one of these bastards fitted - How to make a stuka siren

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    nope..............
    It's a strange thing to dispute because the information is so easy to find. The 0-100 time of a Leaf is 10 seconds. That's not a quick car. I don't know what you ride - GN250 maybe? But there aren't a lit of bikes that can't beat 10 seconds 0-100.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    nope..............
    It's a strange thing to dispute because the information is so easy to find. The 0-100 time of a Leaf is 10 seconds. That's not a quick car. I don't know what you ride - GN250 maybe? But there aren't a lit of bikes that can't beat 10 seconds 0-100.
    Very easy to find. The Leaf is slow. Fact.

https://www.0-60specs.com/nissan-leaf-0-60-times/

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I imagine it'd get off the line quite well like a potato potato Harley with all the torque then it'd die out quite quickly. It'd be designed as a town car too so I'd imagine it's 0-50kmph might be a better figure to look at when measuring it's "Performance". GN250 would hit 100 in under 10 I reckon, just... I'll dig my wife's out of the garage and report back lol

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Yes, about 5 years ago one of the final year student projects was to make a sound kit for an electric car. They recorded several nice sounding cars and used signal processing to change the frequency in proportion to the RPM.

Cheers

Thread Information