Thread: Bike cover

Bike
    N/A

Bike cover

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I couldn't see which one to put it in.

I've just got my first bike, and due to not having a sheltered area, I have to keep my bike outside. Should I invest in a cover from a bike shop, or look in Bunnings for something which would do the job?

If anyone has any recommendations that would be great!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Oxford make some that should be available from bike shops. Supercheap advertise some too. Be aware though that on a windy night your nice new cover could fly away.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    It was on the good
    Get a bike specific one. For a start it should have some shape to it so it will sit on the bike without sliding off. It might (mine does) also have eyelets in the right place with plastic hooks that you can connect to or under the bike to stop it blowing off. A tarp from Bunnings won't do it. Plenty of options here -

http://www.motomail.co.nz/estore/cat...%20covers.aspx

Pretty sure I got my unbranded cover from my local bike shop and it was cheaper than any of those. It worked outside for >6 years before getting a garage and using it as an occasional dust cover.

Bike
    A
    Oxford and Motomail, both names mentioned by posters above, is where I'd start. As also commented, make sure the cover is lashed down though, or it'll do its own Red Bull impression.

Bike
    N/A
    That's great, thanks for all of the information and suggestions. Very much food for thought!

Bike
    z800
    I use this RJays one

http://www.motomail.co.nz/estore/sty...overlined.aspx

Have had it about 1 1/2 years now. Bike is parked outside at work. Use it everyweekday. Does the job well. waterproof and has clips to stop blowing away if needs be. And the inside liner is nice on the paintwork. Still looks as if it has years of life yet too.

Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifsn8u View Post
    I use this RJays one

http://www.motomail.co.nz/estore/sty...overlined.aspx

Have had it about 1 1/2 years now. Bike is parked outside at work. Use it everyweekday. Does the job well. waterproof and has clips to stop blowing away if needs be. And the inside liner is nice on the paintwork. Still looks as if it has years of life yet too.
    Great, thanks. Read a few positive posts about them so bought one!

Bike
    2015 Honda CBR650F
    Avoid the Supercheapauto ones. Mine lasted 3 weeks before my exhaust melted it to pieces. Currently using an Oxford Rainex which has a heat resistant liner.

Thread Information